post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's that have to do with anything but I guess for your joke to work, I am 32...
And just because you sell 142 million records doesn't make you goat.
Timeless music that is appreciated and takes you back to a place or feeling makes you GOAT.
Prince never sold millions of records but you can throw one of his tracks on and instantly remember a good time. Mariah maybe had 10 songs that actually bring that feeling for me but other the that naw she is definately not that great..
So we just forget about
Pattie Labelle
Aretha Franklin
Billie Holiday
Anita Baker tho...
And " Baby Girl" wasnt that great of a singer but like someone said her subtle sexy, around the way girl vibe, plus she could dance her *** off made her great.
What's that have to do with anything but I guess for your joke to work, I am 32...
And just because you sell 142 million records doesn't make you goat.
Timeless music that is appreciated and takes you back to a place or feeling makes you GOAT.
Prince never sold millions of records but you can throw one of his tracks on and instantly remember a good time. Mariah maybe had 10 songs that actually bring that feeling for me but other the that naw she is definately not that great..

You weren't even alive when they were making music. Where does their music take you exactly?

roll.gif
at needing to be old to enjoy old classics 

the beatles are the greatest band of all time 
smokin.gif

R Kelly is a legend but I hate the fact that he started this thread with R&B dudes tryna be rappers.Trey Songz and Chris Brown cut it out.

Last edited:

its not even close for me, so many timeless songs that can be played at any time
Eh I guess. I'm just not into the type of music they made. I'm more of a Minor Threat, Dead Kennedy's type guy.

Hey Jude is a classic tho.

its not even close for me, so many timeless songs that can be played at any time
Eh I guess. I'm just not into the type of music they made. I'm more of a Minor Threat, Dead Kennedy's type guy.

Hey Jude is a classic tho.
yeah its different for everyone, i grew up with my dad playing beatles albums all the time so that also has something to do with it

Anyone who says the Beatles are overrated is essentially stamping a giant void mark on their opinion.

U2 is heavy comp for the beatles

Art and music has gotten worse over time
I think human beings can evolve AND devolve .

Hasnt been an artist as talented as da vinci or picasso since da vinci or picasso
Hasnt been a mozart or beethoven since
wat r&b singer can hold a candle to sam cooke
Has there been a sculptor better than michaelangelo
Better writers than dante, hemmingway or shakespeare?
Have WE had or will we have a renaissance period?

Hasnt been an artist as talented as da vinci or picasso since da vinci or picasso

That may be due to the fact that as time has passed we have put less and less focus of fostering and accepting creativeness . We put more focus on turning children into the next person to be a part of a system, and laugh/ disempower those who would rather be the next mozart, sam cooke, shakespeare etc.

U2 doesn't hold a candle to The Beatles.

U2 and the Beatles shouldn't even be compared. They make different types of music.

People today look at making music as a come up rather than wanting to play great music. Especially in rap. Especially in rap.

Last edited:
I still buy CDs, it isn't the "in thing" I guess, but I don't care, I buy them and bump them in the ride, I back them up on iTunes, but CDs to me represent the last shred of what I deem normalcy before everything went download crazy. Not knockin anyone or how they cop music, because sometimes download is the only way to go like Killer Mike and El-P "Run the Jewels" which I promptly downloaded and put on cd for the car.

I downloaded Run The Jewels a few days ago, but I haven't listened to it yet. How is it?

Everyones makin music for the moment. Almost everyone.

Idont think u2 is better...but I think wen they get old theyre gonna make sum type of album like johnny cash did and it will be really good.

Beatles my fav rock band tho
Come together
Sgt peppers
Free as bird
Real love , imagine(john> paul)
Let it be
A day in the life
So many

Last edited:
If there's going to be any comparison with the Beatles, the only other band you can truly name is The Rolling Stones

I still buy CDs, it isn't the "in thing" I guess, but I don't care, I buy them and bump them in the ride, I back them up on iTunes, but CDs to me represent the last shred of what I deem normalcy before everything went download crazy. Not knockin anyone or how they cop music, because sometimes download is the only way to go like Killer Mike and El-P "Run the Jewels" which I promptly downloaded and put on cd for the car.

I downloaded Run The Jewels a few days ago, but I haven't listened to it yet. How is it?

One of the best hip hop releases of 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom