post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
i used to run with vick in 04 until i realized eagles with mcnabb was just as good but had better recievers and better defense

:lol: no way was McNabb on Vick's level in 2004.

Vick was on coke
his run speed wasnt AS fast but he was the second fastest qb
his accuracy was better
his line recievers, rb, db, lb pretty much whole team was better than falcons
if u happen to find a copy i will gladly whoop u in it

View media item 700343

MADDEN NFL ALL-25: QB MICHAEL VICK
By EA SPORTS Aug 4, 2013

all-25-michael-vick-header.jpg
To commemorate the 25th anniversary of Madden NFL, we’ve compiled the best players in Madden history with help from our EA SPORTS GameChangers.Today's reveal is quarterback Michael Vick.

MICHAEL VICK

It’s hard to believe that it’s been a decade since the release of Madden NFL 2004, the year that featured the iconic Mike Vick on the cover. Vick was one of the most dangerous video game athletes of all time, with speed and acceleration ratings that could personally make the Atlanta Falcons “off-limits” in games between friends.

“Can you stop a Hurricane? The answer is no, you can only hope to weather the storm and pray the damage is minimal. Vick was a force of nature in Madden NFL 2004 in the hands of an unskilled player but in the hands of a pro, he was the second coming of Zeus. With a cannon arm and blazing speed, Vick completely changed how defenses played in Madden, which eventually led to defensive upgrades in Madden NFL 2005. What other player singlehandedly forced EA to change their game? None! Stopping Vick was impossible, the best course of action was to run a cover 3 and hope the other user made a mistake.” - Casey Mosier

“Vick was the true definition of a "Playmaker." He is probably the most utilized QB in head-to-head matches in Madden history.” - Brian Parker

“Michael Vick in Madden NFL 2004 was the most overpowering player in Madden history and every other virtual athlete pales in comparison. In real life, he was coming off one of the most dynamic quarterback seasons ever seen, and that translated to an off the chart Madden speed rating. Vick was so unstoppable that EA SPORTS introduced the Hit Stick in Madden NFL 2005 in part to reduce his scrambling effectiveness. Many Madden veterans still have nightmares about that version of Vick when they fall asleep." - Shaun Mason

IN REAL LIFE

Vick completely broke the mold for athletic quarterbacks soon after joining the NFL. The league had never seen anyone with his skill set. Vick was named to his first Pro Bowl following the 2002-03 season, where he throw for 2,936 yards, and added 777 yards on the ground.

Just weeks after setting a (then) single-game QB rushing record with 173 yards against the Vikings, Vick led the Falcons to a stunning upset over the Green Bay Packers in the 2003 Wild Card Round. Atlanta’s victory was the Packers’ first ever playoff loss at Lambeau Field.

IN THE GAME

With the ability to drop back 20 yards and throw it 70, Vick was more dominant in Madden than in his game-themed Nike commercial -- so dominant, in fact, that EA SPORTS added ramped-up defense and snarling cover boy Ray Lewis to Madden NFL 2005." To further neutralize Vick, the Madden team went further the following season, adding the much-maligned Vision Cone in Madden NFL 06.

EXPERT OPINION

If you were playing as the [Atlanta] Falcons, here was your game plan: Call a play from the shotgun, run around in the backfield with Vick for a while, then run up the field to the line of scrimmage and hit a 60-yard strike on the run for six. If you were playing against the Falcons, here was your game plan: Put the controller down before you chuck it through your television." - Shawn Drotar

Players had to pick their poison against Vick. They could allow Vick to gash them for yards or try and hone in on him, which gave other Falcons weapons room to operate.

“Vicks breakaway speed forced defenses to focus solely on him which allowed everyone else to get open. This was a never ending vicious cycle that drove Madden gamers crazy on the virtual gridiron. Luckily there was an actual way to stop, or at least slow down Vick. Manually defending Peerless Price or Warrick Dunn and calling a QB Spy/Blitz would usually do the trick.

My goal was to take away Vick’s number one option. Typically, I would send pressure off the left edge (because Vick is a lefty I always wanted him rolling to his weak side) and then I would QB Spy him off the opposite edge. This strategy probably only stopped Vick 25% of the time, but it gave me the best chance to win.

What separates Vick from the rest of this squad is simple. He broke the game and there was nothing you could do about it.” – Sgibs

Vick is still a dangerous weapon in Madden, now running an offense created by new Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly. However, Vick’s video game legacy will forever to be tied to Madden NFL 2004. That version of Vick was unstoppable.

“In my opinion, 2004 Mike Vick is Madden's most threatening offensive player of all time.” - Simfballcritic

Looking for the rest of the All-25 roster? Check back over the next few weeks as more of the greatest football video game athletes are revealed.

Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Madden NFL by pre-ordering Madden NFL 25 today to receive exclusive Franchise Packs for your Connected Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team!

Just keep that Spy on Vick and he could be stopped. My homie would get crazy mad when he couldn't get his normal Vick stuff off on me :smoking

I won't lie though, sometimes he would hit that corner and it was almost unfair, lol.

Just keep that Spy on Vick and he could be stopped. My homie would get crazy mad when he couldn't get his normal Vick stuff off on me :smoking

I won't lie though, sometimes he would hit that corner and it was almost unfair, lol.
That's why u hit route ur receivers to the corners then run and if someone was there u threw to ur corner if not u continued to run.
Ur friend wasn't doing it right

That's why u hit route ur receivers to the corners then run and if someone was there u threw to ur corner if not u continued to run.
Ur friend wasn't doing it right

True, true.......I still get great joy from the memories on how rustled his jimmies used to get when he couldn't get 57493579 rushing yards a game with Vick.

Religion is the biggest form of conformity.
Religion has no place in politics.
Hating trends/"being original" is a trend.
Society as a whole today is soft.
Reverse racism is an ignorant term itself.
People don't know the difference between being prejudice and racist.
Kanye West is not a jerk, he does what most people can't do, which is speak his mind and that scares white people.
People never listen to a message, they're too busy judging the personality.
Interracial relationships (specifically black male and white female) are seldom displayed on TV and Film, because insecure white men don't want to encourage the practice.
Tiger Woods' affair was widely displayed to scare white women from dating black men.
Everyone's a hypocrite.
Actors of color should learn how to write and create their own material.
Drake bought his respect in the music industry.
There hasn't been a real rapper in years, just a bunch of caricatures.
PS2-PS4 fans are blinded by the irrelevant "features" Sony throws at them.
Majority of the dudes on NT, your confidence stems from what is in your closet and not of what you've accomplished in life.
Justin Timberlake is a great example of Black people doing it for years, but when a white man does it, it's gold.
The Film and Television industry lacks diversity.
The NBA finals are fixed to go up to game 7.
People who don't ask questions are the true fools.
People look to celebrities too much for answers.
For what's considered the land of the free, America censors the hell out things.
Women with nice bodies tend to be boring in bed.
I have no words for a woman who doesn't give head.
Men who don't go down on women (or at least pretend they don't) are the biggest lames.
Loving your woman and treating her like a queen is not sipping, it's call being a man who appreciates his woman.
Jay Z did the right thing by distancing himself from Damon Dash.
Chuck Lorre is an anti-Gentile.
Marijuana smokers are drug addicts in denial.
Apple hasn't put out a decent product since the iPhone 4 and iPad. They saturate every keynote with the term "revolutionary" and people come lining up.
Facebook is now the home for Buzzfeed list and motivational quotes.
Commercial now days are just viral videos aimed at 20-somethings.
Hollywood hates the Wayans'.
Women and lower income citizens who are Republican, are disillusioned.

and this picture:
View media item 700377

The majority of people who say Eminem is the greatest rapper alive mention him just because most consider it a good answer/they don't really know much about rap music

Dubstep is just a bunch of random loud noises

Tattoos make a girl less attractive

Lebron James is overrated

College isn't the best time of your life like people say it is

People who claim they have no regrets are liars

The NFL is less fun to watch nowadays for some reason

The majority of people who make it known that they prefer college hoops to the NBA usually don't know as much about basketball/try to look cool by stating it

when's the time of your life, brah? SRS

high school? little school? dont say after college- aint no wayyy
Agreed, not looking forward to after college.

Probably elementary school, maybe high school days

Hollywood hate the Wayans? That stood out, but carry on...
I kinda understand what he means and have heard something similar but not in those exact words
Kenan was in a way black balled
And many things they have tried to do couldnt get approved
I remember they was tryna build something out here in the bay a studio or something
Wouldz been alot of jobs but it got denied
Heard other entertainment things too but thats just what popped in my head at the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom