"Potentially Historic" Blizzard To Hit NY Tonight Through Tuesday Night

not gonna lie, these snapchat Snowpacalypse Juno vids got me SUPER JELLY. We didn't get any snow this year on the west coast. just a butt load of rain. pineapple express brought us that monsoon

Bruh ONLY people on the west coast or the South can say stuff like this :lol:. Once you've experienced the Winter struggle(ice,slippery roads,traffic, freezing *** weather,shoveling snow etc) you'll be cherishing every moment of sunlight you have :lol:

Last edited:
I am not going to go back and forth with you my intention was to get you to think a little outside of your bubble that is Brooklyn.
Again if you perhaps didn't read previous posts I considered all of the greater boroughs. I specifically earlier on mentioned that there'd be obvious problems for the islands and say Conn. cuz they're just always hit hard by these storms which seems lke no matter what. I specifically bring up dealing with certain regions that will get it much worse.

It's pretty much my whole point about an entire area that deals with snow seasonally. I can understand referencing examples from the past few years but NYC has been dealing with snow for over 200 years. Specifically in the past 30 years the mayor's office and gov't if it needs to go that far should know how to react to these situations within reason.
If you do a quick google search of last years "snowstorm" that was 3 inches you will see the outrage it caused in the school system.
Last year wasn't so much about how much snow but about how frequently it snowed. 3 inches every other day for like a month adds up.
You seemed to stuck in your mindset or maybe you like to debate which is fine but are off base and strike me as the type to never be happy with any outcome
Like I said I was fine with last year's response despite the annoyance of having to shovel snow like it was a second job while getting where I needed to go. So no I'm not complaining cuz of any response the city had to the snow.

But yeah okay if you want to end it here.
brb going to ask Twitter who was hindered by MTA being down from 11 PM to 8 AM and who got summons for being out at 12 AM
Nobody did. Any plans ppl had past 11 were canceled after the ban was issued. I doubt even the homeless was out that late to get a summons.

Sense before sarcasm bruh.

Last edited:
Ayo Zik - I understand we def didn't get what was expected but I rather the over reaction than the under reaction.

Let's not act like the storm itself wasn't big. It just didn't hit (most) of us the way we thought it would. That don't mean people didn't get hit hard in other parts

When it comes to making decisions like closing down schools or transit, you can't just call if at the drop of a dime.
People need to know how to plan their day.

In the past we've crucified our elected officials for not properly reacting to a storm.
In the end I'd rather complain about how the city did too much than complain about how the city did too little.

To do just enough would've been a big gamble on the city's part.

not gonna lie, these snapchat Snowpacalypse Juno vids got me SUPER JELLY. We didn't get any snow this year on the west coast. just a butt load of rain. pineapple express brought us that monsoon

Bruh ONLY people on the west coast or the South can say stuff like this :lol:. Once you've experienced the Winter struggle(ice,slippery roads,traffic, freezing *** weather,shoveling snow etc) you'll be cherishing every moment of sunlight you have :lol:

Yeah man 2 feet of snow where I'm at is different than in new york. people freak out and everything closes. no school or work until the snow is gone nah mean? Also I live kinda in redneck country so most people I know drive lifted 4x4's so you just mob around all day.

Nobody did. Any plans ppl had past 11 were canceled after the ban was issued. I doubt even the homeless was out that late to get a summons.

Sense before sarcasm bruh.

So ... you just complaining to complain
No. You simply don't understand AT ALL what I'm talking about even if you say otherwise.

Your sarcastic post isn't even addressing what I'm talking about. It's no surprise you can't grasp what I'm saying which is why you can't actually engage me in discussion in regards to what I'm talking about. I get it though, you think I'm not making sense and any one that disagrees with me or offers a differing opinion is making all the sense in the world.

You might as well give it a break bruh. Seems like you just trying to troll at this point.

Ayo Zik - I understand we def didn't get what was expected but I rather the over reaction than the under reaction.

Let's not act like the storm itself wasn't big. It just didn't hit (most) of us the way we thought it would. That don't mean people didn't get hit hard in other parts

When it comes to making decisions like closing down schools or transit, you can't just call if at the drop of a dime.

In the past we've crucified our elected officials for not properly reacting to a storm.
In the end I'd rather complain about how the city did too much than complain about how the city did too little.

It's possible it would've been a gamble but this is what I actually want improved. It's like if there's a just enough choice there's no problem with looking at what that'd be like and then just doing a little more than that for precaution.

As far as politicians they're usually in a lose lose situation when it comes to these things especially here. However, in the decade Bloomberg was running things I don't recall such overreaction or massive **** ups when it comes to this specifically but that can be a different topic when it comes to how some NYCers are responding to De Blasio in general.

Last edited:
I get it though, you think I'm not making sense and any one that disagrees with me or offers a differing opinion is making all the sense in the world.

You might as well give it a break bruh. Seems like you just trying to troll at this point.
You sound like the troll. Everyone on the last two pages is trying to ask you to step out of your narrow headed thinking for one moment and understand why decisions need to be made before and after, not just after.

By all means please continue to advocate waiting to see if a situation will get bad before telling 8.4 million people what they should do.

Keeping the schools open during snowstorm conditions often courts controversy. Schools Chancellor Carmen Fariña was widely mocked for declaring Feb. 13, 2014 "a beautiful day" despite the sloppy winter weather; and on Feb. 11, 2010, then-Mayor Michael Bloomberg took heat for opening the schools despite a 17-inch accumulation on Staten Island.

On March 2, 2009, Bloomberg canceled classes, but he didn't make the call to do so until 5:40 a.m. That drew anger from parents left scrambling to make alternative plans during the storm, which dumped 10 inches on the city.

First, Bloomberg canceled classes on Feb. 10 before a single flake of snow had hit the ground. The snow kept falling, though, and the schools re-opened on Feb. 11, even though Staten Island had to dig out from under 17 inches.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/snow_days_once_rare_in_the_nyc.html

I get it though, you think I'm not making sense and any one that disagrees with me or offers a differing opinion is making all the sense in the world.

You sound like the troll.
YAWN.

You got it b. I'm sure you'll keep up with it though..

.. and with the double post doesn't skip a beat :lol:
By all means please continue to advocate waiting to see if a situation will get bad before telling 8.4 million people what they should do.
Perfect example of you replying to someone else cuz that was never said by me.

I'm pretty sure I said the islands always get *** blasted by the snow. It'll always be a different situation for them. Ironic you'd call me narrow minded when I've already accounted for those regions.

It's like the idea of being mayor and handling different areas differently is foreign to some. Good thing I remember the days when some schools would have to close while others remained open. Instead of closing all schools everywhere just in case.

Last edited:
However, in the decade Bloomberg was running things I don't recall such overreaction or massive **** ups

On March 2, 2009, Bloomberg canceled classes, but he didn't make the call to do so until 5:40 a.m. That drew anger from parents left scrambling to make alternative plans during the storm, which dumped 10 inches on the city.

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/01/snow_days_once_rare_in_the_nyc.html

You welcome, but yeah lets look out the window at 12 AM and then look at the window again at 6 AM

:rofl:

I don't ghet the people saying things like "I can still see the sides of my air maxes it barely snowed."

Manhattan and Brooklyn got 8 inches. For anyone with a home or a car that was hell.

Bunch of dudes living in a building with a supervisor walked outside saw already shoveled sidewalks and were like "eh, it barely snowed."

Long Island got 24+ inches. It's still snowing in Suffolk.

And in re the governor overreacting: you know he represents more than just NYC right?

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue.

Manhattan and Brooklyn got 8 inches. For anyone with a home or a car that was hell.

Don't those areas usually get that amount seasonally?

There's it's going to snow cuz of a snow storm during winter and then there's historic blizzard.

I know I didn't shovel 8 inches at 2am or at noon today but maybe you mean 8 inches if you didn't shovel any snow until it stopped snowing.

To some NY state is only made up of NYC.

Not really sure what the complaints are about. The snow clean up was handled well and people were safe. That sounds good to me.

There's it's going to snow cuz of a snow storm during winter and then there's historic blizzard.

I know I didn't shovel 8 inches at 2am or at noon today but maybe you mean 8 inches if you didn't shovel any snow until it stopped snowing.

31 inches I think is the record in Manhattan and its around there for Long Island. 24+ by noon is no small thing. It's pretty close to historic.

And Central Park got a measured 8+ inches. I crashed at my girls place in Bk. Her super sucks and didn't de-ice or shovel at all. I came out around 9am to her neighbor starting shoveling their walkway himself and there looked to be about 6-8 inches accumulated in untouched places

Last edited:
you never said that? :rofl:

Ok

Pics of your truck.
He did say that, but now he's saying that he lease the kiosk. At the end of the day he knows what you meant, but he's deflecting the question.

We all want to see the kiosk, the skits, the houses, the cars, the cash, the CEO of apple badge, your ITS certificates, your 4.0 k/d in black ops, your Mach 1 emblem, etc ...

Last edited:

31 inches I think is the record in Manhattan and its around there for Long Island. 24+ by noon is no small thing. It's pretty close to historic.

And Central Park got a measured 8+ inches. I crashed at my girls place in Bk. Her super sucks and didn't de-ice or shovel at all. I came out around 9am to her neighbor starting shoveling their walkway himself and there looked to be about 6-8 inches accumulated in untouched places
Oh okay, that part makes sense.

I am seeing weather reporters apologize on twitter for going overboard with this blizzard.

After everybody was using their European models to track the blizzard apparently the homie Mr. G says the American model was closest to what actually happened.

Seems like Mass. is really getting that historic *** blasting though.

Last edited:
He said he sells knock off electronics in his many kiosks that he owns around the country. Chargers, usb cord, things off that nature. He will once again deny this

Back
Top Bottom