Potheads in college

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you manage your chronic smoking throughout the school year and what type of smoker are you?

Personally, I smoke a lot (4-5 one papes a day) so even at campus I gotta do it, sometimes going to lectures little faded. I never go high enough to the point where I cant understand **** though :lol:. Another reason is all my friends either go to different schools or working internships and what not, so smoking an L makes time go by faster when I got breaks. What about you chronic smokers?

Vape is my go to during the day... dabs at night. Never smoke blunts or j's too much carcinogens. Never had a problem with grades or focus and bud. Actually went to my interview with Nike for an internship high and bagged it.

I usually do my studying first or if I'm smoking I'll smoke a sativa or something that'll give me killer focus. Throw on some dilla, Robert Glaser or post rock with a coffee and I'm golden.

Last edited:
I stopped burning during the day. It's not worth it b. Too much money/product/time wasted. Went like 3 years waking and baking and burning all day long. Just couldn't find the enjoyment or the ambition to do what I need to do when I'm zooted all day long.

Is this even allowed to be discussed?

I've been smoking for 5 years straight daily all throughout college with this being my last semester. Made deans list throughout my tenure in school, president of NPHC, held multiple positions in organizations, best shape of my life ( workout 5x a week ), manager @ my job with a nice position set up after I graduate..it's all about prioritizing.

I think my tolerance is high as hell though so it aint nothin for me to smoke and go about my day. Everybody's different though.

I love weed, but I can't do it. That **** destroys my motivation and drive to do anything productive, no matter the strain.

When I smoke though I go in, talking about a eighth or more a day. Had to stop that ****

I had homies that used to hit up class zooted and I could never understand how they did it.  Too much input for me.  
laugh.gif

Kinda related to the topic, but one time I was walking from the dorms to class and my friend pulls up next to me and says he'll give me a ride.  Well, he's about to hit his bowl of green with a little opium sprinkled in there.  Thought it'd be a good idea to indulge a little before class.  Might make class more fun, right?  Nope!  Buddy dropped me off at class and I walked right back to my dorm.  That opium was no joke...felt like spiders were crawling all over me.  
mean.gif
laugh.gif

Had to go back to the room and sleep it off.  

Couldn't do it. But hopefully I can. Had to quit for 6 yrs. Id be sitting in class tagging up desks and shading **** all day.
Looking to get into grad school so I'll be taking tips.

I do backwoods or choc rillos. Usually these days a wake and bake. Then work all day. Then burn 3-4 at night with a friend or something. Some days I don't smoke at all.

More or less cut out smoking all together the last few years even though I was never on some smoke every single day tip. 

After starting in high school it took me almost five years to accept the fact that weed just affects me differently than other people. I'm too unfocused, completely unproductive, not really a social smoker anyway, and I completely crash and need to sleep after a few hours. More power to all those who don't have a problem with it.

No I only smoke on the weekends after going out and no yambs on deck.  

Last edited:
Quit a couple years back, did it with some friends and while it was cool I never really liked the high feeling. Had a bad trip and that was the end of that.

I have a lot of friends who are daily smokers and are pretty successful. If it hinders you in any way in life, stop. Otherwise, do you.

My sis just got her Master in HR, she was Fin aid officer at the Uni too, she hasn't gone a day in undergrad/grad school or work without being high.
laugh.gif

That's just how she gets by. I can't function at all if I smoke during the day.

Have a card. 
pimp.gif
 Only at night. I can't take care of business if I do during the day. It's a nice treat as a nightcap and ensures good sleep

only after all my classes done or before i go out.

Smoking and then go to class would kill my high class be boring as hell​

Last edited:
My sis just got her Master in HR, she was Fin aid officer at the Uni too, she hasn't gone a day in undergrad/grad school or work without being high.:lol:

That's just how she gets by. I can't function at all if I smoke during the day.

some can function on it & some just get lazy

I do it when life becomes like a routine, like the same thing day to day, but I realized when I dont have anything going on for myself doing it all day makes it even worse.  But I do get my hours in on madden tho

For me I stop during semester to stay focused

My mind is everywhere when I'm high which is cool when I'm not doing anything but I don't wanna miss out on important stuff because I'm daydreaming

i wouldn't judge what works for me by what works for another. we all are unique beings and need to keep that in mind when shaping our habits.

i spent the last half of hs and first half of college high every day. sophomore year was when it hit fever pitch. i remember doing a presentation high and drunk (got an a), rolling through finals week (literally) and just showing up faded to any and every school occasion. at the time, it was blissful and i felt no apprehension because i was still passing. i was arrogant enough to feel that my 50% equaled another student's 100%, and while this may in fact be true, i need to give my 100% to train myself to go hard at everything i do.

being high all day was my apathetic excuse for me to slack off with a clear conscience. but in my brief moments of sobriety, i would feel as if something was holding me back, something i couldn't place my finger on. to avoid that nagging thought, i'd just get twisted again. i was productive in my personal endeavors even when high, but when i quit, i saw my productivity go through the roof. my clarity, my access to myself and my ideas is so much more potent now that i occasionally (rarely) smoke. the perceived release weed brings may have helped, but addiction and reliance on anything but yourself is destructive. not trying to dissuade anybody from doing them, but keep that in mind. you can't cut corners when it comes to personal growth, so try to be objective about any and everything you do as an adult. for your sake.

Last edited:
In college I smokes ALL THE TIME. At one point my geades slipped severely, then I realized it was because I was too into chillin with my guys getting high rather than the actual school aspect of college. After that I resolved to get my grades up, and I just burned mad L's while studying and soing actual work. I used to go to class blown the rime but when I made that realization I kept it to classes in which I fidnt really care about making an impression on the teacher. It worked :pimp:

i dont know how yall do it... when i was burning in college i was really lazy and not motivated to do any type of work... i remember trying to study/write papers my mind just wasnt there and i couldnt focus at all... but then again im lazy in general but burning made it worse :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom