POWER THREAD (Sun., Starz)

vlcsnap-2020-02-09-10h38m18s313.png

vlcsnap-2020-02-09-10h38m30s689.png

vlcsnap-2020-02-09-10h38m38s362.png

vlcsnap-2020-02-09-10h39m11s637.png

Method man is representing Tasha.

MJB some long lost aunt and partners with Tariq to sell drugs from the trunk of his college professors .

got it

saxes?

spends the entire series getting witnesses killed
Still tries to find out who Ghost is thinking it's Tommy or now Tariq

The show was never on the level of The Wire or Breaking Bad. That's why it was a slow build. Power ain't really get popular til season 3 or 4. I remember during season 1 and 2 this thread was relatively dead. Power has always been a cool show to watch with aight acting.

The problem is the storylines have gotten real goofy and silly. At first it was more serious less soap opera like.

]

When ghost Kanaan popped up talking to Tariq, my mind scrambled trying to remember if he wasn’t actually laying in that morgue :lol:

At the end of day the show was still a huge success. To have no big name actors (at the time) and on a unknown network. I remember telling people about it during season 1 and folks ain't even know what the Starz channel was. They literally put Starz on the map.

yup! When 50 survived...the showed died.

That rolla scene was good. Season 1 and 2 were good.

That woulda been the perfect ending to his character. They coulda still introduced Juicebox and Lean bae (lawd Jesus) and had their storyline. Instead they turned Kanan into a cartoonish like character and now he the drug kingpin Casper. Stop.

Last edited:
At the end of day the show was still a huge success. To have no big name actors (at the time) and on a unknown network. I remember telling people about it during season 1 and folks ain't even know what the Starz channel was. They literally put Starz on the map.

That woulda been the perfect ending to his character. They coulda still introduced Juicebox and Lean bae (lawd Jesus) and had their storyline. Instead they turned Kanan into a cartoonish like character and now he the drug kingpin Casper. Stop.

Exactly. That character arc (I'm sure he had a hand in) was the downfall of the show.

It's like Kanan was the main character and GHOST was just an afterthought.

It’s just unrealistic Tasha and Ghost had no concern for the youngest child. Like zero. They should have popped both daughters at this rate. The show acted like she didn’t exist.

If anyone hasn’t motivation to be a pissed off vengeful person, it would be her.

Still kinda tight that they wasted 6 seasons of my time and ended the show the way they did, Kemp is so trash... :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Agreed above that the show did start going downhill after Kanan survived and then Tariq and him became best friends. I'm not going to lie I did like the Kanan/Ghost/Tommy teamup right before Kanan died.

Last edited:
To me the show got bad when they killed the daughter. Quickly fell apart after that. Which is ironic because she was a bit character.

Next thing Angela and Tasha doing lunch, Ghost became Ghost Rider avenging the innocent and Tyrique became a fake drug dealer.

This show had so much potential. Season 1/2 were GOLD.

I’ve said it once I’ll say it again their biggest issue to me was not knowing if they’ll be approved for the next season.

It forced their hand to push the envelope, we kept watching so they kept going. A season of Kanan, Jukebox, RayRay, and Tariq would’ve been nice.

Tariq could’ve left because his dad decided to leave with Angie and go legit.
They dropped the ball on that. It’s been teased Tommy going to California so kind of seen that coming, wonder what was in the envelope? 🤔

Having the power books showing how they came to be then showing the actual series(Power) would’ve been nice.

Hey who am I ya know. Just seen the finale so much I could say but feel you guys got that covered from 2 weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom