"Power to the People" Nike Air Max 95 360 (PIC)

M

mazedowner

Via: KixandtheCity.com

35071ww.jpg

More Pics/Info [HERE]

In the midst of Black History Month and with the 2008 Olympics approaching this Summer, Nike recently created a pack dedicated to the poignant memory of ahistorical Black Olympic moment. Inspired by Tommie Smith and John Carlos' "Silent Gesture" of raising their black gloved fists in the air as asign of Black Power during 1968 Summer Olympics' 200 meter award ceremony (Smith won Gold, John Carlos won Bronze), the "Silent Gesture" carrieson the memory of their, at the time controversial, yet heroic act.

With this in mind, Nike utilized a mix of Black (for their glove) and Metallic Gold and Bronze (for their medals) onto the upper of the 95 360. The upper isfused onto a Black/Team Red Air Max 360 sole.

The "Silent Gesture" Nike Air Max 95 360 is available now at select Nike accounts.

man nike could have done alot better job if they were really tring to go with the silent gesture theme.......... but ^cosign they are ugly

Regardless of the backstory for these shoes, I have a gesture I like to give these (hint: it involves the use of a middle finger)

I like them. Don't know why, but I do. If the toeguard was a solid burgundy or at least the same color as the swoosh, these would of been good to go.

"silent gesture"=subtle

about an all black leather(the gloves) with gold and bronze accents, but they would *%@% that up too

smh.gif

Man they really should stick to the Black/Grey/ +1 color OG style...

at this point the person who designed the 95s is either angry NIKE keeps on botching a classic.. or happy cause hes getting paid on all these filthy releases.

Back
Top Bottom