Pray for this dude

For more than five hours Saturday, Trent VanHorn tried to keep his mind at rest, knowing what awaited him at the end of his 320-mile drive would be more emotional than anything a high school junior should have to endure.

And he knew his best friend would need him more than ever.

Austin-Hatch_blog_post.jpg

On Friday night, VanHorn's teammate, Austin Hatch, was involved in the second fatal plane accident of his young life. A 1975 Beech A36 fixed-wing, single-engine plane carrying Hatch -- a Michigan basketball recruit -- along with his father and stepmother, crashed in Northern Michigan en route to the family's summer home.

Hatch's father, the pilot, and stepmother were killed. Austin, 16, is now in an induced coma in a Traverse City hospital. He is scheduled to be brought out of the coma Monday.

How could this be happening? VanHorn wondered Saturday.

And how could this be happening again?

In 2003, a plane also piloted by Hatch's father crashed while the family was traveling back to Fort Wayne from its summer home. The crash killed Austin's mother, Julie, and his 11-year-old sister and 5-year-old brother.

Now, eight years later, Austin survived again, but again, he lost members of his family.

Hatch has no living siblings or parents left.

http://www.thepostgame.co...cruit-second-plane-crash

Jesus $%%!#%% christ, I can't even imagine man.
tired.gif

Prayers go out to him.

For more than five hours Saturday, Trent VanHorn tried to keep his mind at rest, knowing what awaited him at the end of his 320-mile drive would be more emotional than anything a high school junior should have to endure.

And he knew his best friend would need him more than ever.

Austin-Hatch_blog_post.jpg

On Friday night, VanHorn's teammate, Austin Hatch, was involved in the second fatal plane accident of his young life. A 1975 Beech A36 fixed-wing, single-engine plane carrying Hatch -- a Michigan basketball recruit -- along with his father and stepmother, crashed in Northern Michigan en route to the family's summer home.

Hatch's father, the pilot, and stepmother were killed. Austin, 16, is now in an induced coma in a Traverse City hospital. He is scheduled to be brought out of the coma Monday.

How could this be happening? VanHorn wondered Saturday.

And how could this be happening again?

In 2003, a plane also piloted by Hatch's father crashed while the family was traveling back to Fort Wayne from its summer home. The crash killed Austin's mother, Julie, and his 11-year-old sister and 5-year-old brother.

Now, eight years later, Austin survived again, but again, he lost members of his family.

Hatch has no living siblings or parents left.

http://www.thepostgame.co...cruit-second-plane-crash

Jesus $%%!#%% christ, I can't even imagine man.
tired.gif

Prayers go out to him.

Absolutely tragic,can't even wrap my mind around that scenario
frown.gif

Hope the dude's gonna be okay,my prayers are with him so that he can find the strength to overcome this,again 
tired.gif

Absolutely tragic,can't even wrap my mind around that scenario
frown.gif

Hope the dude's gonna be okay,my prayers are with him so that he can find the strength to overcome this,again 
tired.gif

dang man i know i would be messed up for life after going through situations like that. and repeatedly too...

dang man i know i would be messed up for life after going through situations like that. and repeatedly too...

Really sad to hear.

The cynical side of me questions why you would fly again after losing family members. Is it pilot error? It is being cheap when you go buy a used plane? bad luck. One crash is too many for me. I'd drive from there on out.

Really sad to hear.

The cynical side of me questions why you would fly again after losing family members. Is it pilot error? It is being cheap when you go buy a used plane? bad luck. One crash is too many for me. I'd drive from there on out.

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Really sad to hear.

Same thing I was thinking, why not just fly commercial 

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Really sad to hear.

Same thing I was thinking, why not just fly commercial 

Sad. He lost his entire family...that is some cursed @+%%. This is why I would never mess with those small planes. Roberto Clemente, JFK Jr, Aaliyah, etc.

Sad. He lost his entire family...that is some cursed @+%%. This is why I would never mess with those small planes. Roberto Clemente, JFK Jr, Aaliyah, etc.

Back
Top Bottom