pregnancy: life changing experience

I wanted to get people opinions on how they dealt with their first new born. I found out yesterday my gf is pregnant and I am very happy and was shocked!I'm not sure how to deal with this? I was planning on marrying her in the future as I'm 27 and we've lived together for quiet sometime. Please giveme some advice.

RIP
smh.gif

laugh.gif
but nah congrats

Congrats! Pregnancy can be hard on you and your g/f... Stay strong and stick by her.... Mood swings are a @#$%^&... Late night cravings... Compliment heras much as possible too... My old lady is due on October 23rd... cant wait!

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Not sure if a 27 year old would want advice from NT's high schoolers.

lol

But yea you're 27 and she's your GF and you've been living with her for a while.

You ever thought that maybe she was getting anxious about maybe you never popping the question so she "accidentally forgot" to take her birthcontrol? Don't think it hasn't been done before. As the tick of the biological clock gets louder, the more drastic the measures become.

The plot thickens.

Originally Posted by Ghenges

lol

But yea you're 27 and she's your GF and you've been living with her for a while.

You ever thought that maybe she was getting anxious about maybe you never popping the question so she "accidentally forgot" to take her birth control? Don't think it hasn't been done before. As the tick of the biological clock gets louder, the more drastic the measures become.

The plot thickens.

I was thinking the same thing.

Dealing with pregnancy and dealing with the child are universes apart.

The only advice I can offer:
1. Clear your calender for about six weeks after the child is born. Life as you now know it will never be the same - not bad, just different - and nothingcan prepare you for the changes you will ALL go through. You need as few outside distractions as possible while you all adjust to your new life.

2. She's going to say and do some stupid ##$*. She's doing it because she's exhausted and wacked out on hormones and doesn't have anyone elseto yell at. Be mature in the situation and know that despite everything she's saying, you're fine and you didn't do anything wrong. Don't getsucked into meaningless fights. Be smarter than her emotions.

Oh, and you love your girl? You love your baby? Don't be afraid to change a damn diaper once in a while.

Amunfei24 wrote
I wanted to get people opinions on how they dealt with their first new born. I found out yesterday my gf is pregnant and I am very happy and was shocked! I'm not sure how to deal with this? I was planning on marrying her in the future as I'm 27 and we've lived together for quiet sometime. Please give me some advice.
Just lock this and send Meth a PM.

In my experience it brought us closer we were always tight but now our bond is a million times stronger after the surprise wore off we are excited and anxious

well i was pretty young but knew what was up i thought my girl was gonna cut her out with a coat hanger ( i would have deaded her quick) but the loving personmy girl is we communicated and deiced to keep her !!!!..i wasnt to shocked cause i had a feeeling she was gonna get knocked up ( happens when you go raw)
smh.gif
laugh.gif
but i was a be anixous and nervous for her to be born... ... now we have 2 kids together boy and girl life is good
pimp.gif

Congrats fam!! I'm tellin' you now, if your girl has any ounce of b-word in her, it'll be evident as hell after month 3...it's up to you to bestrong willed. I mean, you're older than me [22], so it may not be that much for you to handle [or it could be more....girls are different.] My baby girlis due in 2 weeks, and I seriously can't wait any longer.

Originally Posted by gboy1230

well i was pretty young but knew what was up i thought my girl was gonna cut her out with a coat hanger ( i would have deaded her quick) but the loving person my girl is we communicated and deiced to keep her !!!!..i wasnt to shocked cause i had a feeeling she was gonna get knocked up ( happens when you go raw)
smh.gif
laugh.gif
but i was a be anixous and nervous for her to be born... ... now we have 2 kids together boy and girl life is good
pimp.gif

Thats the point that I'm at now. I'm anxious for her to come but nervous at the same time...

Congrats man! I know it aint easy maintaning the family life. I hope things work out for me like that...

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Congrats fam!! I'm tellin' you now, if your girl has any ounce of b-word in her, it'll be evident as hell after month 3...it's up to you to be strong willed. I mean, you're older than me [22], so it may not be that much for you to handle [or it could be more....girls are different.] My baby girl is due in 2 weeks, and I seriously can't wait any longer.

You aint lying... But damn dude I'm in the same situation as you... 22 and my babygirl coming October 23rd... I cant wait!

Originally Posted by raptors29

Originally Posted by Ghenges

lol

You ever thought that maybe she was getting anxious about maybe you never popping the question so she "accidentally forgot" to take her birth control? Don't think it hasn't been done before. As the tick of the biological clock gets louder, the more drastic the measures become.

The plot thickens.

I was thinking the same thing.

I never used birthcontrol but if it was to happen, I would hold my own and be a good father. I'm content and happy with her and now we will have a kidtogether so I don't regret anything. I'm just nervous honestly bc I will bring it up to my mom and family which I'm sure they'll be realecstatic and plus we will buy a place by years end for the $8000 first time home buyer credit.

Originally Posted by Boilermaker X

Dealing with pregnancy and dealing with the child are universes apart.

The only advice I can offer:
1. Clear your calender for about six weeks after the child is born. Life as you now know it will never be the same - not bad, just different - and nothing can prepare you for the changes you will ALL go through. You need as few outside distractions as possible while you all adjust to your new life.

2. She's going to say and do some stupid ##$*. She's doing it because she's exhausted and wacked out on hormones and doesn't have anyone else to yell at. Be mature in the situation and know that despite everything she's saying, you're fine and you didn't do anything wrong. Don't get sucked into meaningless fights. Be smarter than her emotions.

Oh, and you love your girl? You love your baby? Don't be afraid to change a damn diaper once in a while.

Thanks this is a good encouragement!

Originally Posted by Primavera Vills

Congrats fam!! I'm tellin' you now, if your girl has any ounce of b-word in her, it'll be evident as hell after month 3...it's up to you to be strong willed. I mean, you're older than me [22], so it may not be that much for you to handle [or it could be more....girls are different.] My baby girl is due in 2 weeks, and I seriously can't wait any longer.

Wow good luck and keep us posted and congrats, I'm 27 and taking the next step in life!

I have a one year old and let me tell you going through this was the most difficult thing I have done. Besides the fact that I had morning sickness all ninemonths. But once you have the little bundle of joy your life will never be the same, you will never think of yourself first ever again. It will test yourrelationship to the max just stand by each other cause you gonna need it. It could bring you closer like never before or tear you apart. Thankfully it broughtme and my husband closer and we have a very strong bond now. Just don't be like some dad that leaves everything for the women to do. Stand by her causeafter birth women are very emotional.

Back
Top Bottom