President to propose free community college on Friday

the tax structure also encourages them to take manufacturing jobs overseas and have cash hoarded overseas. Amend those issues and we have a different ballgame.

dont blame corps for skipping on taxes, its a smart business decision

blame the government for allowing it to happen

dont blame corps for skipping on taxes, its a smart business decision

blame the government for allowing it to happen
Yeah this is actually where I place the blame the most. They're incentizied to do what they do currently. It saves the corporations money.

I read something where it said you need a 2.0 average at minimum. That is definitely some foolishness. Should be a 2.8 at minimum

They better bump that GPA up to a 3.0 and about 20 hours of community service. A 2.5 GPA is laughable. Churning out mediocrity for free for ages.......gimme a break.

gpa is a terrible system, most college kids care more about getting good grades than actually learning and understanding the subject

but unless someone can think of a better way to go about doing things, its the only way to compare the millions of students around the country 

Degrees aren't about learning. It's like a road test, you don't to drive until after you get your license.

Degrees aren't about learning. It's like a road test, you don't to drive until after you get your license.
4 years of your life and 50k in debt to not learn anything

but at least you have a fancy piece of paper 
sick.gif

seems about right

but at least you have a fancy piece of paper 
sick.gif

seems about right
they made it about grades instead of learning not me
laugh.gif
seemed like you were defending it

making it about grades and not about learning is the biggest problem with the modern education system

its a joke how the first question college kids ask about a class is "is the prof a hard grader?" rather than "will the information from this class be useful" or "am i interested in this topic"

but at least you have a fancy piece of paper :x

seems about right
they made it about grades instead of learning not me :lol:
seemed like you were defending it

making it about grades and not about learning is the biggest problem with the modern education system

its a joke how the first question college kids ask about a class is "is the prof a hard grader?" rather than "will the information from this class be useful" or "am i interested in this topic"
i took a business law class because it was a guaranteed A. i took two music classes because they were guaranteed A's but I actually learned a lot and loved the lectures. it's true.

Corporate welfare is out of hand and people don't talk about it enough. Did you know that during the recession in 2008 we bailed out AIG by giving them $180 billion in a span of a year! That was more than we spent on welfare to the poor ($140 billion) in a 17 year period from 1990 to 2006!

People have this blame the poor attitude and it's sickening. They have the middle class fighting with the poor while the big corps and banks are getting away with murder. 46 million people are living in poverty in this country, almost 17 million are children, 10.6 million are working poor, 5 million are seniors and another 5 million are disabled. We have to help these people. What happened to humanity, love and empathy?

We are the only developed country without universal health care.

Did you know we are the only developed country that doesn't have a mandated law for vacation? An employer doesn't have to give you a single day.

We are the only developed country without paid maternity leave. Many countries give 6 months or more.

We could do better and I believe giving people an education is a great start. The lottery of birth shouldn't decide your most likely fate.

Many European countries do all the above and they rank better than the U.S. in many categories.

Last edited:
Corporate welfare is out of hand and people don't talk about it enough. Did you know that during the recession in 2008 we bailed out AIG by giving them $180 billion in a span of a year! That was more than we spent on welfare to the poor ($140 billion) in a 17 year period from 1990 to 2006!

People have this blame the poor attitude and it's sickening. They have the middle class fighting with the poor while the big corps and banks are getting away with murder. 46 million people are living in poverty in this country, almost 17 million are children, 10.6 million are working poor, 5 million are seniors and another 5 million are disabled. We have to help these people. What happened to humanity, love and empathy?

Did you know we are the only developed country that doesn't have a mandated law for vacatio? An employer doesn't have to give you a single day.

We are the only developed country without paid maternity leave. Many countries give 6 months or more.

We could do better and I believe giving people an education is a great start. The lottery of birth shouldn't decide your most likely fate.

Many European countries do all the above and they rank better than the U.S. in many categories.
Great 2nd post.

Jesus Christ this board gets more liberal every damn day. People expect the government to just give, give, give. My god, be men and take care of yourselves and your respective families. If you love those other develoved countries so much, then leave. We don't need your kind here. The mindset of some of you is truly sickening.

This board should be called ElizabethWarrenTalk.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ this board gets more liberal every damn day. People expect the government to just give, give, give. My god, be men and take care of yourselves and your respective families. If you love those other develoved countries so much, then leave. We don't need your kind here. The mindset of some of you is truly sickening.

There is zero benefit to giving an underperforming kid with a 2.5 gpa a free ride to college. Not everyone is born equal. Some people are stupid, some aren't. A kid who gets a 2.5 gpa is stupid. Those kids will be the same ones demanding that the government set them up with a job next.

Did you know we are the only developed country that doesn't have a mandated law for vacation? An employer doesn't have to give you a single day.

giphy.gif

There is zero benefit to giving an underperforming kid with a 2.5 gpa a free ride to college. Not everyone is born equal. Some people are stupid, some aren't. A kid who gets a 2.5 gpa is stupid. Those kids will be the same ones demanding that the government set them up with a job next.
A person saying this much such stupidity calling someone else stupid. Now that's stupid.

I feel like Gucci right now.

Last edited:
what's funnier is the govt/fed made a ton of money off the bailout while the tax payer got nothing in return.

Back
Top Bottom