President to propose free community college on Friday

A person saying this much such stupidity calling someone else stupid. Now that's stupid.

I feel like Gucci right now.

If you want a free college education you better stand out from the rest of the pack. That's why there are scholarships. What is it about a student with a 2.5 gpa makes them deserving of a free college education? They didn't care enough to do well in high school. Yet we're going to invest money in them and send them off to college?

If you want a free college education you better stand out from the rest of the pack. That's why there are scholarships. What is it about a student with a 2.5 gpa makes them deserving of a free college education? They didn't care enough to do well in high school. Yet we're going to invest money in them and send them off to college?
High school success or lack of it is not an indicator of how a person will do in COLLEGE. Just because scholarships are out there, it doesn't mean you meet the requirements or you'll actually, you know, get it.

Last edited:
People actually think that the majority of people on welfare are buying j's, buying new iPhones and popping bottles? some of yall are delusional. :rofl:

Exactly, where I`m from kids on welfare had the off brand gear and were rough looking, only kids who were in jordans and stuff were cats slanging dope or moms was a strpper/pops hustled, or people from well off families. lol I didnt get my first pair of Jordans until College.

:lol: This is so hilarious to me. Not saying it has never happened ever but it is definitely an outlier. I got Pell Grants and Fed Loans and was STRUGGLING freshman year.

The "Pull yourself up by the bootstraps" set is comical to me. First it's "Get a job" then it's "Get a better job" then it's "Get an education to get a better job" now it's "Get a better job to get an education" :lol:

I wish the "I did it all myself" folks would just say that they hate poor people. Be honest with yourselves.

I'm saying. :lol: **** is comical.

Last edited:
I've only read bits and pieces of this new free CC plan, but who exactly is paying for this?

Who cares about the GPA everyone deserves to be educated for free.
This is what some people actually believe. 
roll.gif

Yeah, let's just pay for everyone who barely passed high school by a hair to go to college, where they will fail and waste tax payer money. 

Entitlement ahoy. 

This is what some people actually believe. 
roll.gif

Yeah, let's just pay for everyone who barely passed high school by a hair to go to college, where they will fail and waste tax payer money. 

Entitlement ahoy. 
I'm pretty sure JohnnyRedStorm was joking when he posted that..

..right?

Nobody cares about this really. Most people who go to a community college don't pay anyways

That few ones who do happen to have to pay parents or then got money so they could care less anyways

Last edited:

I'm pretty sure JohnnyRedStorm was joking when he posted that..

..right?
Nah, he's serious, and to answer your question of who pays for this, the tax payers do. They'll either raise taxes or borrow money from another from another country. 

Clearly at this point in time free college is not what we should be looking at. 

Nah, he's serious, and to answer your question of who pays for this, the tax payers do. They'll either raise taxes or borrow money from another from another country. 

Clearly at this point in time free college is not what we should be looking at. 
I'd love to hear his argument; he's very articulate in the stock market thread.

Honestly, this sounds like another cash sink. I laughed when I saw the 2.5 minimum GPA.

I'm dead serious, who are we to say who doesn't deserve the right to an education because of their grades? Everyone on Earth deserves to be educated. Just change some of the tax laws/close some loopholes and you could pay for this. Forgive me for thinking every human being deserves the right to be educated for free.

Corporate welfare is out of hand and people don't talk about it enough. Did you know that during the recession in 2008 we bailed out AIG by giving them $180 billion in a span of a year! That was more than we spent on welfare to the poor ($140 billion) in a 17 year period from 1990 to 2006!

People have this blame the poor attitude and it's sickening. They have the middle class fighting with the poor while the big corps and banks are getting away with murder. 46 million people are living in poverty in this country, almost 17 million are children, 10.6 million are working poor, 5 million are seniors and another 5 million are disabled. We have to help these people. What happened to humanity, love and empathy?

We are the only developed country without universal health care.

Did you know we are the only developed country that doesn't have a mandated law for vacation? An employer doesn't have to give you a single day.

We are the only developed country without paid maternity leave. Many countries give 6 months or more.

We could do better and I believe giving people an education is a great start. The lottery of birth shouldn't decide your most likely fate.

Many European countries do all the above and they rank better than the U.S. in many categories.

:smokin Nice post

No one is entitled to free college, period, and even if this were to go through, high school students who can't even make decent grades certainly shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to have tax payer money flushed down the drain so they can flunk out of CC.

Dudes are acting like you can get beyond a certain level with bad grades anyways. You still have to maintain the minimum 2.0 at a CC.

No one is entitled to free college, period, and even if this were to go through, high school students who can't even make decent grades certainly shouldn't be afforded the opportunity to have tax payer money flushed down the drain so they can flunk out of CC.
Thanks for paying for my free education that I'm entitled to because of my poor parents.

"No one is entitled to a free education."

Crazy that people actually believe that crap. I hope none of you ****** ever had a library card in your life.

I'll have to disagree with that attitude. Education should be free for everyone at all levels. I rather spend tax dollars on education than the way it's spent currently. But hey that's just me.

Corporate welfare is out of hand and people don't talk about it enough. Did you know that during the recession in 2008 we bailed out AIG by giving them $180 billion in a span of a year! That was more than we spent on welfare to the poor ($140 billion) in a 17 year period from 1990 to 2006!

People have this blame the poor attitude and it's sickening. They have the middle class fighting with the poor while the big corps and banks are getting away with murder. 46 million people are living in poverty in this country, almost 17 million are children, 10.6 million are working poor, 5 million are seniors and another 5 million are disabled. We have to help these people. What happened to humanity, love and empathy?

Did you know we are the only developed country that doesn't have a mandated law for vacation? An employer doesn't have to give you a single day.

We are the only developed country without paid maternity leave. Many countries give 6 months or more.

We could do better and I believe giving people an education is a great start. The lottery of birth shouldn't decide your most likely fate.

Many European countries do all the above and they rank better than the U.S. in many categories.
Are you kidding me?  Cry all you want, the USDOLLAR still reigns supreme.  The euro is DONE and is in free fall. No other currency or country can compare to the US. NO BODY!

The USA gives more hand outs in many shapes and forms.  NO ONE is blaming the POOR.  People ARE BLAMING individuals who DO NOT PULL THEIR WEIGHT.  They are BLAMING the leechers that 'thrive' with the welfare.  Like said, the US is full of opportunities.  It's just the lazy people who want every thing spoon fed to them.  They are soft, silly, naive, and dumb.  It is THEIR CHOICE to remain poor.

You said it yourself.  You've BAILED OUT CORPORATE AMERICA, and so look at the results.  YOU continue to FEED the leechers and what has it done?  Yeah, I'd think I rather spend the money saving Michael Jordan than Luc Longley, if the situation called for it.

Last edited:

Are you kidding me?  Cry all you want, the USDOLLAR still reigns supreme.  The euro is DONE and is in free fall. No other currency or country can compare to the US. NO BODY!

The USA gives more hand outs in many shapes and forms.  NO ONE is blaming the POOR.  People ARE BLAMING individuals who DO NOT PULL THEIR WEIGHT.  They are BLAMING the leechers that 'thrive' with the welfare.  Like said, the US is full of opportunities.  It's just the lazy people who want every thing spoon fed to them.  They are soft, silly, naive, and dumb.  It is THEIR CHOICE to remain poor.
bitcoin tho 
nerd.gif

I'll have to disagree with that attitude. Education should be free for everyone at all levels. I rather spend tax dollars on education than the way it's spent currently. But hey that's just me.
not free. but incentives, grants, scholarships, aids, assistance, and programs are all there.

free?  well go to the library or log into kahn academy.  knowledge isn't free. it requires effort.  kids ain't give a crap about education, they are too busy on IG.  whatchu talking about? like kids give a crap about school? LOL

Back
Top Bottom