Pretty Decent Move by the T-Wolves Management in tough times.

Im not sure how many teams are doing things like this but i just saw a commercial featuring timberwolves owner Glenn Taylor.

he stated that next season the t-wolves were reducing prices on 95% of their seats, offering certain season tickets seats for as little as $5 per game, andoffering a money back guarantee for any (season?) ticket holders who lose their job during the season.

i know that somehow this must be beneficial for the t-wolves but it still seems like a decent move by the franchise, i wonder how many other teams are doingthings like this?

good move by management

they dont make any money if the seats are empty, might as well make it cheap to go to games

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

the Mavs sell nosebleed seats for $2.

eek.gif

Damn, and to think I paid $100 for nosebleed seats in Dallas a year and a half ago.

I will not be attending any games at face value.

if there are ownership of the year awards, and there may be, Glen Taylor is about to get it, because along with this I'm sure he's about to show McHalethe door. Bravo Taylor...Bravo.

Man oif the Knicks offered seats for around $5 id go to sooooo many games. I just love being at the Garden...

but yeah thats a good move by the Wolves.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

Man oif the Knicks offered seats for around $5 id go to sooooo many games. I just love being at the Garden...

but yeah thats a good move by the Wolves.
New yorkers pockets run too deep for that, What I wouldn't do for some cheap $#% Knicks tickets
smh.gif

Damn, that's nice of the owner to do that.

$2 or $5 won't even buy you nachos at Staples Center.

^Thats why i go to games at Izod center instead of MSG even though i don't even like the Nets

i remember reading here not too long agao about them selling their tix based on whatever draft pick they got in the lottery. as in it would cost $41 if theygot the first pick, $210 if they got the 5th........ etc etc..... not bad at all.

Whats the point of a sports team doing this? I mean i can understand car companies because it a monthly payment. If you buy season tix in September and loseyour job in December the tickets would already be paid for.

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

Whats the point of a sports team doing this? I mean i can understand car companies because it a monthly payment. If you buy season tix in September and lose your job in December the tickets would already be paid for.
and offering a money back guarantee for any (season?) ticket holders who lose their job during the season.

Sounds more like a broke move to me. Team sucks, attendance is down, economy stinks, it's the T-Wolves. I'd rather go sledding withthe wolves than go to a game.

Originally Posted by worldbeefreeg

What I wouldn't do for some cheap $#% Knicks tickets
smh.gif

You ain't lying. %%%$* %!$ Dolan.
smh.gif

But yeah, nice move by the Wolves. I think the Heat did something similar too for this season. And they have already cut all ticket prices for NEXT season.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Whats the point of a sports team doing this? I mean i can understand car companies because it a monthly payment. If you buy season tix in September and lose your job in December the tickets would already be paid for.
and offering a money back guarantee for any (season?) ticket holders who lose their job during the season.

You would be eligible for reimbursement for the remaining tickets. So for example... If you lost your job half way through the season you could return theother half of your tickets in order to get half of your money back.

Originally Posted by Nonstoptalk

Originally Posted by therenegade23

You would be eligible for reimbursement for the remaining tickets. So for example... If you lost your job half way through the season you could return the other half of your tickets in order to get half of your money back.

I would imagine that their point is that they want to sell more tickets - even to people who are worried about losing their job. It couldencourage some people to buy them who maybe wouldn't with their job situation.

Sounds more like a broke move to me. Team sucks, attendance is down, economy stinks, it's the T-Wolves. I'd rather go sledding with the wolves than go to a game.

Pretty much. The Wolves had really no other choice. Like most areas the fan base is going to stop going to games at some point when you havent wonany games for about 5 years running. Plus with this "discount" ticket prices may actually get back to the levels they SHOULD be at. I believe theyare averaged being reduced by 16-18% or something. The Target Center is a ghost town most game nights...the actual number of people who are attending games isabout half of the number they announce for attendance (that is not an exaggeration). Wolves owner Glen Taylor knows he has to get people into the seats and theproduct on the floor won't do it so this is a start. They could let people in for free and still turn a profit if those people purchase food/drinks at theridiculous levels those are priced at.

And as always, you win the fans will come!

Originally Posted by eight2one

I still couldnt see myself attending every wolves home game.

If i was bored and had 5 bucks to spare, i would be there every chance i could get. they were looking nice until AL Jefferson got hurt.

i would go to every NBA game i could..no matter who's playing. Thats just how much I love the game. any opportunity i have, i go and love every minute ofit. however, once you have seats in the third row behind the hoop at the Palace, your views do change a bit.

Back
Top Bottom