Priceline name your own price

Yeah I used it once. I tried to get a $50 flight...failed. But its still not a bad idea just to see what range of prices you're working with. I ended up booking a flight for $350 from them, which is cheap for me

Glad you posted this.  I'm looking for a flight from SF to NY (round-trip), but idk what's an acceptable price and what isn't.  I understand that you can't go ridiculously low, but I feel like you won't even be getting much of a discount anyway.  Maybe someone can chime in with past experiences 
nerd.gif

successfully done this a few times with hotels and been happy with the results. I believe the policy is if you submit a price that is too low and not acceptd, you have to wait 24 hours to submit another bid.  Havent tried flights so i'm interested to hear more experiences...

Yes I've used it with a flight before and saved over $250 for 2 tickets. Just make sure you can both leave and return at any time of the day. My flight going was like 6 something pm and my return flight was like 6:15am. You don't get to choose your time. BTW my flight was from LA to Orlando and every ticket I saw was in the high $300 range to lower $400 range. My tickets ended up being about $250 - $270 a piece. I can't remember the exact prices. 

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

No, but I tried it for some groceries many years back... Hope that helps 

Are you referring to that NTer who made a thread about the self-checkout register and how he would not scan some items because he decided on how  much he wanted to pay?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Papi

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

No, but I tried it for some groceries many years back... Hope that helps 

Are you referring to that NTer who made a thread about the self-checkout register and how he would not scan some items because he decided on how  much he wanted to pay?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trak1sh

I need a cheap flight from Seattle to Vegas.

Alaska and Southwest is your best bet. Unless there is a sale your paying 200 - 250.

I have a few times.. this past time i tried using it it only discounted like $10 from what the listed prices were so i didn't do it so i could choose what time my flight left.. but in the past i've gotten like $100 off the flight using that feature...

whenever i book a flight i always atleast check it out to see how much i can get off..

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

I have a few times.. this past time i tried using it it only discounted like $10 from what the listed prices were so i didn't do it so i could choose what time my flight left.. but in the past i've gotten like $100 off the flight using that feature...

whenever i book a flight i always atleast check it out to see how much i can get off..

that;s your own fault if you big only 10$ less than the display price via normal search.

I use it all the time for flights, hotels, and cars it's especially great for. I haven't paid more than 20 for a car in yrs, even in New York (from EWR) I landed a PT Cruiser for 8$ a day.

It's worth it. Again, because it doesn't show you the flight times untril after you book, make sure that on your leave day and on your return day, it doesn't matter what time you fly. Generally, if you are going cross country your flight is going to be early in the morning departing. The return could be either way.

That Yuku board biddingfortravel posted above has where people share their bids and what criteria they put in to get them

Hotwire has a similar feature on hotels and on cars.

I have only had 1 bad experience with either and I have been doing it for yrs. And I was even able to call PriceLine and get my money back because I didn't check into the hotel (it was in OKC, which is only an hr drive for me so I just said %%+% it and went home instead of staying in that nasty +%% hotel)

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by THE SAUNA

that;s your own fault if you big only 10$ less than the display price via normal search.
ummmm no.. i didn't bid only $10 less... what kind of idiot do i look like... But when you put in a price you want to pay but they cant give you that price, they come back with an offer of the best they can do.  And for whatever reason this past time i did it the price they offered me was only like $10 off.. but like i said, i've used a few times and its usually around $100 off or so.. 

^ yea, you gotta log out and try again when that happens. But $10 sucks, even on same day stuff I've saved more although not as much as you will if you do it in advance. I wish we had AirTran in my local airport, they almost always have great standard rate

As others have said works great for hotels getting 4* hotels for less than 100 but never really had success with flights. You have to be to flexible with traveling time.

Sorry for the bump, but I'm not having any luck with name your own price.  Is it mainly for last minute flights?  I'm trying to book a flight for the end of May to Vegas or Miami, but I'm not seeing any deals
ohwell.gif

Just used it for a trip to phoenix. Not really a vacation (meeting my 18 y/o sister for the first time) so I usually just bid here or use hotwire, I got a 2.5 star hotel for 2 nights, $66 after taxes and fees. I was tripping out. $26/night :lol:

Sorry for the bump, but I'm not having any luck with name your own price.  Is it mainly for last minute flights?  I'm trying to book a flight for the end of May to Vegas or Miami, but I'm not seeing any deals :\ ...

Where are you flying from ?

Back
Top Bottom