***PRO-AM/COLLEGE/HS BASKETBALL/AAU PLAYERS CHIME IN..AND ASK THE REF***

GUYS n GIRLS...you ever been playing a game and think you are getting jerked or screwed by the ref?? Well here's your chance to vent ask me a question or go over a situation and i'll help you understand the situation or tell you if it was wrong...

I currently work D2 all the way down to HS...so I'm very knowlegable on all aspects..

I just got one question??

When did acting like you just got shot while your going to the hole become so popular??? You are not fooling any of us who are above average in the ref game...so knock it off
roll.gif
..but seriously i know all of you are training and practicing with your teams...so feel free to PM or just drop a line here!!

I'll see some of ya on the courts of NYC!

GUYS n GIRLS...you ever been playing a game and think you are getting jerked or screwed by the ref?? Well here's your chance to vent ask me a question or go over a situation and i'll help you understand the situation or tell you if it was wrong...

I currently work D2 all the way down to HS...so I'm very knowlegable on all aspects..

I just got one question??

When did acting like you just got shot while your going to the hole become so popular??? You are not fooling any of us who are above average in the ref game...so knock it off
roll.gif
..but seriously i know all of you are training and practicing with your teams...so feel free to PM or just drop a line here!!

I'll see some of ya on the courts of NYC!

i got a question...

does appearance matter?

my coach tried to tell my teammate that he'd get better calls if he'd clean up...

he has long dreads, a few visible tattoos, and alotta facial hair...

but he's real quiet and mild mannered on the court...

Division 2, by the way...

sooooo... does that matter..

i got a question...

does appearance matter?

my coach tried to tell my teammate that he'd get better calls if he'd clean up...

he has long dreads, a few visible tattoos, and alotta facial hair...

but he's real quiet and mild mannered on the court...

Division 2, by the way...

sooooo... does that matter..

Originally Posted by handullz

NA IT RRRREALLY DOESNT...AS LONG AS YOU DONT STINK AS IN BODY ODOR WE CAN CARE LESS BOUT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE...

WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY?

BELIEVE IT OR NOT WE TEND TO GIVE CENTERS AND POINT GUARDS MORE OF THE BENEFIT CUZ ALL WE WANT IS TO THE GAME TO MOVE..GUARDS CONTROL THE GAMEPLAY..A GREAT GUARD CONTROLS THE FLOW LIKE A GREAT BIG MAN JUST PUTS BALL IN THE HOLE...

THE LAST THING WE WANNA SEE IS A BIG MAN WITH NO FEET AND A GUARD WITH NO HANDLE CUZ IT CAUSES "GI" (GAME INTERRUPTIONS) AS TURNOVERS AND  IN FOULS CUZ NOW THE DEFENSE GETS REALLY AGGRESIVE...THATS WHEN EXTRA TV TIMEOUTS COME INTO PLAY.

A KEY OF GETTING A RESPECT FROM US...THE REFS, IS IF WE MAKE A CALL...AND YOU DONT LIKE IT OR DISAGREE...ASK THEM POLITELY..IS THAT WHAT YOU SAW FROM YOUR ANGLE? IF THEY SAY YES THEN REPLY WITH "OK,  GOOD CALL REF" THEN WALK AWAY....THIS SHOWS THAT YOUR INTO THE GAME MORE THAN JUST PLAYING IT...YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE ANGLES AND ASPECT OF THE GAME!

HOPE THIS HELPS...GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!

Originally Posted by handullz

NA IT RRRREALLY DOESNT...AS LONG AS YOU DONT STINK AS IN BODY ODOR WE CAN CARE LESS BOUT WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE...

WHAT POSITION DOES HE PLAY?

BELIEVE IT OR NOT WE TEND TO GIVE CENTERS AND POINT GUARDS MORE OF THE BENEFIT CUZ ALL WE WANT IS TO THE GAME TO MOVE..GUARDS CONTROL THE GAMEPLAY..A GREAT GUARD CONTROLS THE FLOW LIKE A GREAT BIG MAN JUST PUTS BALL IN THE HOLE...

THE LAST THING WE WANNA SEE IS A BIG MAN WITH NO FEET AND A GUARD WITH NO HANDLE CUZ IT CAUSES "GI" (GAME INTERRUPTIONS) AS TURNOVERS AND  IN FOULS CUZ NOW THE DEFENSE GETS REALLY AGGRESIVE...THATS WHEN EXTRA TV TIMEOUTS COME INTO PLAY.

A KEY OF GETTING A RESPECT FROM US...THE REFS, IS IF WE MAKE A CALL...AND YOU DONT LIKE IT OR DISAGREE...ASK THEM POLITELY..IS THAT WHAT YOU SAW FROM YOUR ANGLE? IF THEY SAY YES THEN REPLY WITH "OK,  GOOD CALL REF" THEN WALK AWAY....THIS SHOWS THAT YOUR INTO THE GAME MORE THAN JUST PLAYING IT...YOU ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE ANGLES AND ASPECT OF THE GAME!

HOPE THIS HELPS...GOOD LUCK THIS SEASON!

does joking around with the you guys help? I usually cut it up before tip off. A handshake before and after as well. I usually don't get that many calls called against me and when I do, they usually explain why they called it.

does joking around with the you guys help? I usually cut it up before tip off. A handshake before and after as well. I usually don't get that many calls called against me and when I do, they usually explain why they called it.

I was dribbling got the ball stolen, the person who stole it started going towards his hoop, before he got past half court i hit the ball out from behind
 but the ref called something like a back court on me.

I was dribbling got the ball stolen, the person who stole it started going towards his hoop, before he got past half court i hit the ball out from behind

Good thread.

1. When I was coaching on the HS level, I would always tell my players to greet the officials before the game. Does something like this help get calls in our favor? (Subconsciously)

2. Tell us of a few stories in which you have been threatened by members of the crowd. I hear fans trying to intimidate refs happens often. Especially in the inner city.

3. Who are some of the better players you have gotten a chance to watch? Do you find yourself getting into a hotly contested game when you are supposed to be working?

4. What is your ultimate goal? Getting on the D1 Level? How hard is it to make it there?

Good thread.

1. When I was coaching on the HS level, I would always tell my players to greet the officials before the game. Does something like this help get calls in our favor? (Subconsciously)

2. Tell us of a few stories in which you have been threatened by members of the crowd. I hear fans trying to intimidate refs happens often. Especially in the inner city.

3. Who are some of the better players you have gotten a chance to watch? Do you find yourself getting into a hotly contested game when you are supposed to be working?

4. What is your ultimate goal? Getting on the D1 Level? How hard is it to make it there?

LosALMIGHTY wrote:

JOKING AROUND IS COOL WITH ME...JUST MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WE DONT CARE WHO WINS OR LOSES..WE GET PAID REGARDLESS....THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I HAVE HEARD THIS SUMMER IS SOME IDIOT TELLING ME I WAS "HATING" ON HIM CUZ THEY WAS LOSING??? RRRREALLY FOOL?

AND LOS...YOU STILL PLAY ORGANIZED BALL?

LosALMIGHTY wrote:

JOKING AROUND IS COOL WITH ME...JUST MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND WE DONT CARE WHO WINS OR LOSES..WE GET PAID REGARDLESS....THE MOST RIDICULOUS THING I HAVE HEARD THIS SUMMER IS SOME IDIOT TELLING ME I WAS "HATING" ON HIM CUZ THEY WAS LOSING??? RRRREALLY FOOL?

Originally Posted by Cubinican

OK SO YOU WERE IN YOUR FRONT COURT...GOT THE BALL STOLEN...

THEN YOU TIPPED THE BALL FROM BEHIND WHILE HE WAS STILL IN YOUR FRONT COURT...THEN IM GONNA ASSUME THE BALL WENT INTO THE BACK COURT AND YOU TOUCHED IT RIGHT? HERE'S THE CATCH...YOU NEED TEAM CONTROL IN THE FRONT COURT TO CALL A BACK COURT..IF HE STOLE THE BALL AND WAS DRIBBLING..YOU LOST POSSESION ALONG WITH TEAM CONTROL...BY YOU DEFLECTING IT INTO THE BACK COURT DOESNT JUSTIFY YOU HAVING PLAYER CONTROL NETHER THE LESS TEAM CONTROL...SO NO IT'S A LEGAL TIP AND NO BACK COURT!

IF THE DEFENDER NEVER GAINED CONTROL AND YOU TIPPED IT OUT OF HIS HANDS AND WENT INTO THE BACKCOURT AND GOT IT THEN YEA BACK COURT...

GREAT QUESTION!

Originally Posted by Cubinican

OK SO YOU WERE IN YOUR FRONT COURT...GOT THE BALL STOLEN...

THEN YOU TIPPED THE BALL FROM BEHIND WHILE HE WAS STILL IN YOUR FRONT COURT...THEN IM GONNA ASSUME THE BALL WENT INTO THE BACK COURT AND YOU TOUCHED IT RIGHT? HERE'S THE CATCH...YOU NEED TEAM CONTROL IN THE FRONT COURT TO CALL A BACK COURT..IF HE STOLE THE BALL AND WAS DRIBBLING..YOU LOST POSSESION ALONG WITH TEAM CONTROL...BY YOU DEFLECTING IT INTO THE BACK COURT DOESNT JUSTIFY YOU HAVING PLAYER CONTROL NETHER THE LESS TEAM CONTROL...SO NO IT'S A LEGAL TIP AND NO BACK COURT!

IF THE DEFENDER NEVER GAINED CONTROL AND YOU TIPPED IT OUT OF HIS HANDS AND WENT INTO THE BACKCOURT AND GOT IT THEN YEA BACK COURT...

GREAT QUESTION!

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Good thread.

1. GREETING US DURING INTRODUCTIONS OF PLAYERS (COLLEGE MOSTLY I DOUBT HS HAVE TIME TO INTRODUCE PLAYERS) SHOWS THAT YOU ARE STARTING WITH GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP..ITS WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE BEGINNING TIP AND THE LAST BUZZER WHAT MATTERS.

2. I HAVE HEARD ALL SORTS OF CRAZY THINGS...I NEVER REALLY GET THREATENED BECAUSE I TUNE THE CROWDS OUT..BUT THE LATEST STORY I KNOW IS THE CHSAA CHIP GAME A COUPLE OF YRS AGO...ONE REF GOT CHASED OUT THE GYM AND GOT 3 TEETH KNOCKED OUT BY A PLAYERS UNCLE...WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE A REF ALSO...
30t6p3b.gif
3. I HAVE SEEN A BUNCH OF KIDS IN METRO NY..@ LEAST 5 IN THE LEAGUE NOW...I TRY TO STAY FOCUS BUT WATCHING THEM TAKE OVER GAMES IS CRAZY...
3f135529ebade3f1e8d7cac6a92c7693ff45642.pjpg
902350c8e057e79eee9ac9ebae02eb4e92206e8.pjpg

THIS IS ME @ MSG YOU SEE LANCE STEPHENSON #1 AND JAMES PADGENT #35 BITH WENT D1...LANCE IS IN THE LEAGUE SOME WHERE AS WELL AS SYLVN LANDENSBURG

4. ULTIMATE GOAL IS THE BIG EAST...CHANCES ARE VERY SLIM BUT HARD WORK PAYS OFF...THE NBA IS A DIFFERENT ROAD TO TAKE...SOME SAY ITS EASIER...BUT I LIKE WHERE IM AT NOW.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Good thread.

1. GREETING US DURING INTRODUCTIONS OF PLAYERS (COLLEGE MOSTLY I DOUBT HS HAVE TIME TO INTRODUCE PLAYERS) SHOWS THAT YOU ARE STARTING WITH GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP..ITS WHAT HAPPENS DURING THE BEGINNING TIP AND THE LAST BUZZER WHAT MATTERS.

2. I HAVE HEARD ALL SORTS OF CRAZY THINGS...I NEVER REALLY GET THREATENED BECAUSE I TUNE THE CROWDS OUT..BUT THE LATEST STORY I KNOW IS THE CHSAA CHIP GAME A COUPLE OF YRS AGO...ONE REF GOT CHASED OUT THE GYM AND GOT 3 TEETH KNOCKED OUT BY A PLAYERS UNCLE...WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO BE A REF ALSO...
30t6p3b.gif
3. I HAVE SEEN A BUNCH OF KIDS IN METRO NY..@ LEAST 5 IN THE LEAGUE NOW...I TRY TO STAY FOCUS BUT WATCHING THEM TAKE OVER GAMES IS CRAZY...
3f135529ebade3f1e8d7cac6a92c7693ff45642.pjpg
902350c8e057e79eee9ac9ebae02eb4e92206e8.pjpg

THIS IS ME @ MSG YOU SEE LANCE STEPHENSON #1 AND JAMES PADGENT #35 BITH WENT D1...LANCE IS IN THE LEAGUE SOME WHERE AS WELL AS SYLVN LANDENSBURG

4. ULTIMATE GOAL IS THE BIG EAST...CHANCES ARE VERY SLIM BUT HARD WORK PAYS OFF...THE NBA IS A DIFFERENT ROAD TO TAKE...SOME SAY ITS EASIER...BUT I LIKE WHERE IM AT NOW.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

LosALMIGHTY wrote:

corportate league with my company. We might be back at basketball city this year, but we aren't sure.

Originally Posted by bigsupa

LosALMIGHTY wrote:

corportate league with my company. We might be back at basketball city this year, but we aren't sure.

Back
Top Bottom