Professional Athlete of the Decade

Let's do this. Many to choose from, but there can only be one. My choice...Mr. Fire Hydrant himself....

2db6sut.jpg

12/14 major championships won this decade, Jordan-like mind state on the course, pure dominance

did you just watch sportsnation?
laugh.gif

Federer would have a case for being the best... Phelps was pretty good... Lance Armstrong also did some big things.... I'd say you can't just declareone clear winner

To use boxing terminology, Tiger Woods is stealing rounds right now. My hats off to you Eldrick. For shizzle.

Woods goin after Nicklaus's records, as well as Chamberlain's.
pimp.gif

*edit, sorry about the spelling.

Yeah, it's Tiger Woods. He's the single reason why people even watch golf on TV. Well, to me at least

Woods by a hundred miles. Every year he has been at THE TOP of the pile.
Every other athlete has had years where they weren't there.

If Brady wasn't around to stop Manning and vice versa, one of them would be at the top over Woods.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

did this guy really just put a mma fighter?
If you are talking pure dominance in their sport, nobody rivals Fedor. Not even Tiger.

Have you guys that are saying "Tiger, hands down" ever followed tennis? If so you would realize that Federer has been arguably more dominant.

Here is one little tidbit of his accolades that i think speaks to his dominance

-Federer is the only male player in tennis history to win at least five consecutive titles at two different Grand Slam tournaments (2003-07 Wimbledon, 2004-08US Open).

That is basically the equivalent of Tiger winning the British and US Open for 5 straight years...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ACE BOMBER

Have you guys that are saying "Tiger, hands down" ever followed tennis? If so you would realize that Federer has been arguably more dominant.

Here is one little tidbit of his accolades that i think speaks to his dominance

-Federer is the only male player in tennis history to win at least five consecutive titles at two different Grand Slam tournaments (2003-07 Wimbledon, 2004-08 US Open).

That is basically the equivalent of Tiger winning the British and US Open for 5 straight years...
nerd.gif

exactly, it should be federer and not really that close

Tiger has 14 major wins out of 48 from the span of 1997-2009

Federer has 15 major titles out of 28 played from 2003-2009, not to mention he was runner up 7 times during that streak .. 22 out of 28 finals reached.

22 consecutive major semifinals which that streak is still going.

Back
Top Bottom