Pronunciation PSA

I usually don't care about stuff like this, but I've been hearing this for years. We've got people on ESPN saying it now. Stop it.

It's Reese's, not Reesees. As in Reese has a peanut butter cup...it's Reese's peanut butter cup. The apostrophe implies ownership. There is no Reesee.

For those that need proof...

There you go. No more excuses. If you keep saying Reesees, you're just being belligerent.

/Reesees /rant /discussion /NT

this whole time I thought it was pronounced Reese's

My air force supervisor said it the wrong way and it was slightly annoying but not that big of a deal.

What bothers me is
-seeing then instead of than
-sims card instead of sim card, I don't know why this one bothers me so much
-mines instead of mine
-'do anyone' instead of 'does anyone'. I had two coworkers at different jobs that led their sentence with that and it drove me crazy. I was kinda cool with them so I didn't want to be that guy to correct them.
All of these literally make me lightweight mad inside.

:lol: my girls family stays saying sal-mon :smh:

You MFers on here saying worse and worst wrong on purpose piss me off!

There's no way "Nguyen" = wen

What kind of black magic linguistics is that

It's " na guy en."

Reactions: fx2
How often are you discussing chocolate covered peanut butter cups for this to get you upset OP?

Way too often, apparently.

Because regional accents and differences must be stopped!!

Finally! Someone gets it!

No, man...has nothing to do with accents. I'm in WA state...probably the most vanilla place for accents. People just don't know what they're saying. If differences means a world where Reesees is acceptable...I don't want to live here anymore.

Never heard Sal-mun...up there with ja-lap-e-no

Back
Top Bottom