Proof that Twitter Sucks: 60% of Users Quit in First Month

You know twitter wasn't cool the second all these old people started talking about it like it was "cool".

I signed up for it - only time i use it now is to update my facebook status via twitter, and even that's rare because facebook statuses are just kinda lameoverall.

Originally Posted by VegasOner

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Dudes sayin Twitter sucks most likely got like 3 followers and sending out wack messages. No one cares what your *+@ had for dinner or what you're watching on TV.

Network, interact, exchange info. It's what you make it to be.

indifferent.gif

Then Whats Myspace and Facebook for?...There is absoloutly No Need for twitter unless your famous. Thats just another movement for eveybody to ride. Why dont u try "Networking" in the real life where real people can do real things for you instead of online.
You can network online just as much as you can (if not better) in real life. Keeping contact with acquaintances with a little message or findingout you two have something in common from a random note can do wonders. I keep Twitterfox on my browser and Twitterberry on my BlackBerry in order to replywhen I see something interesting. There are plenty of dudes who post links to new musics, coupons to sales, sales @ stores, etc. that definitely help you out.Plus, why not just have it, I don't understand why it gets people so angry.

And for your remark that people who use Twitter are always trend-followers, that is far from the truth. I hate most ofthese fashion trends and keep to my own regular-joe style.

Dudes sayin Twitter sucks most likely got like 3 followers and sending out wack messages. No one cares what your *+@ had for dinner or what you're watching on TV.

get outta here. never had a twitter and never will. like vegas said, people just follow trends, what's 'in'. why don't younetwork, interact in person?

Why dont u try "Networking" in the real life where real people can do real things for you instead of online.

I do. I also have friends who I've met through other associates and have helped me land design gigs and fed me hints about stuff I'm into as a resultof exchanging info and all kind of messages via Twitter. The way one uses something like this is only as limited as one's ideas and resourcefulness. If yousay it sucks 'cause you see no point the burden lies on you more than this kind of service.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

get outta here. never had a twitter and never will. like vegas said, people just follow trends, what's 'in'. why don't you network, interact in person?
Considering I'm in a school that specializes in Criminal Justice and work in the same environment, I don't have the time tosocialize/network with people from other fields that would benefit me. I do network with people in the CJ field which will definitely help me out in the futurebut what if I need something elsewhere, I don't have the opportunity.

Secondly, you should know from all these "NT, I'm scared to talk to this girl," that a lot of people have trouble communicating with otherpeople. People feel more easygoing online where they aren't subject to awkward silences, etc..

laugh.gif
i just got on twitter cuz i saw ppl on NT had em... the roasts r super entertainin... and some celebrities write back... i had an argument witchamillionaire... dude tried to say kobe was better than MJ

get outta here. never had a twitter and never will. like vegas said, people just follow trends, what's 'in'. why don't you network, interact in person?

How would I do that for people outside of my country?

Enh, you don't get it.

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

It's only as good as what you make it.

Get your following and followers up to par...
you aint never lie.

NT > celebs on twitter. between GA97, AG, Dre, God, PAsChitown, z0, eboogiee, pdot10, Illy and some others, I'm entertained....esp E's titty ogling +!# and AG and GAs roasts...
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
coolest female on nt.

Why must it be because its the 'in' thing. No offense, but when it comes to this Twitter thing,you seem to be one of those 'label me unlabeled' people who don't want to be part of a trend just because everyone else is on it. If you don'tlike it, I understand, that's cool. But why get at people who do enjoy it and act as if they're nimrods?

And if you have a FaceBook or a MySpace or are member of any social networking site, you shouldn't have a word tosay about any of the people who are on Twitter.

VIIIheaven: and SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME: I guess you guy arent understaning what im trying to say, All of thatCan be done on Myspace/Facebook x10. So whats the point of a twitter, you can do the same exact things of facebook that you can do on twitter. So there forthere is no reason for a twitter and to add to that, Let's be real 80% of the average people that have a twitter have it for socializing purposes and fortheir amuzment, how many of you actually Network on twitter and found people to actuall benif u in your life?

smh.gif
at dudes bashing twitter because they don't understand how you can use it to your advantage if you would like to.
Its an SMS subscription feed and the majority of people who sign up for it don't understand that.
I prolly talk to two or three NT'ers a day thru it and get LULZ all night when the roasting begins. Pure entertainment.

Now follow **%+!*% LOL

http://twitter.com/topherawhite

Why must it be because its the 'in' thing. No offense, but when it comes to this Twitter thing, you seem to be one of those 'label me unlabeled' people who don't want to be part of a trend just because everyone else is on it. If you don't like it, I understand, that's cool. But why get at people who do enjoy it and act as if they're nimrods?

And if you have a FaceBook or a MySpace or are member of any social networking site, you shouldn't have a word to say about any of the people who are on Twitter.
Well, a couple things.

-I don't have a problem with social networking. I think excess of it is what the problem is. Let's be real, do you really care if your friend justcrapped his pants on the way home? Or if a random celeb is at some event? Like, when is enough enough?
-I have a facebook account, but I don't login to see updates or any of that mess. To be honest I rarely go on. I don't care how many friends I have (Ionly friend people I know or care to keep in contact with) and I surely don't care see 690 pics of some chick wasted at happy hour.
-I feel like this is part of the reason our generation is coming up short in terms of social skills. People rely on the web too much.

Well I hear what you're saying. It doesn't necessarily replace those two services (although MySpace is practically a slowly dying service now alaFriendster), but more like compliments them. Think of it as a sort of instant message service that feeds you into an even wider audience where you can pick andchoose what kind of things you want to follow. I've never used Facebook for a number of reason, but to each their own. I've been on Twitter for nearlytwo years and have gotten to go to exclusive parties, movies, events and even had a couple of people make dinner for me (no lie). It's whatever though.It's not THAT serious, but NT is it's own social network as well and people feed off tons of info here and have even gotten to know others beyond theirmonitors. That's why I find it weird that some people are so adamantly opposed or close-minded about some of these things.

I don't understand why it gets people so angry.
Same here.. if it's not for you then just leave it at that. Don't knock it cause others find it fun/useful. It's only good as you makeit anyway.

VIIIheaven: and SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME: I guess you guy arent understaning what im trying to say, All of that Can be done on Myspace/Facebook x10. So whats the point of a twitter, you can do the same exact things of facebook that you can do on twitter. So there for there is no reason for a twitter and to add to that, Let's be real 80% of the average people that have a twitter have it for socializing purposes and for their amuzment, how many of you actually Network on twitter and found people to actuall benif u in your life?
You're right about being able to do the same things on Facebook and MySpace but to look at it this way: On MySpace/Facebook, you have allthese extraneous options like photo albums, sections of your profile that describe your religion, sexual preference, what books you read to the point they evenask you how much income you earn.

Twitter asks for none of that. It's a simple-basic form of social networking. There are no walls to write on, no'likes' or 'comments', etc. Simplicity is key.

Well, a couple things.

-I don't have a problem with social networking. I think excess of it is what the problem is. Let's be real, do you really care if your friend just crapped his pants on the way home? Or if a random celeb is at some event? Like, when is enough enough?
-I have a facebook account, but I don't login to see updates or any of that mess. To be honest I rarely go on. I don't care how many friends I have (I only friend people I know or care to keep in contact with) and I surely don't care see 690 pics of some chick wasted at happy hour.
-I feel like this is part of the reason our generation is coming up short in terms of social skills. People rely on the web too much.
You have your point. But like I mentioned right before this, Twitter is much more simple than any of these other social-networking sites. Like youmentioned about the friends, picture albums, etc., Twitter doesn't encourage that.

But as for your focal point in mentioning that Twitter is just another social-networking site that has come out when we don't need anymore but that'smore of a societal issue. People don't read anymore, they read US Weekly, People Magazine and watch TMZ while opening a browser to check perezhilton.com .What you can expect really, you can't blame Twitter for being a minor cog in a faulty mechanism. It isn't Twitter's fault, they're justcapitalizing on what's popular.

Twitter is basically facebook updates of "what are you doing?".......completely useless.

because 60% get upset that they have a million followers/friends in a month. This isn't myspace or facebook.

Back
Top Bottom