Props to my fellow Black people that use "Big words" and all, but...

Clyde's swag is unmatched
pimp.gif

i know what you mean op.

forreal i do.

most of these guys commenting are not even black and most are lying if they say they are.

lots of "educated" black people feel the need to display their intelligence by using words that have been extinct for 40 years.
yeah yeah yeah other races do it to, but if you were black, you would understand.

there is no use for large un-needed words in basketball or anything conversation unless you are describing something in detail and the word is permitted.

its a "im smarter than you" mentality and walt frayzer has it in spades.

but ya'll really wouldnt know.
this is going to be uoted, strike thru, racist reply, blah blah blah, dirty comes in and says something snarky, people will laugh, people will log off and realize they read the truth.

i know what you mean op.

forreal i do.

most of these guys commenting are not even black and most are lying if they say they are.

lots of "educated" black people feel the need to display their intelligence by using words that have been extinct for 40 years.
yeah yeah yeah other races do it to, but if you were black, you would understand.

there is no use for large un-needed words in basketball or anything conversation unless you are describing something in detail and the word is permitted.

its a "im smarter than you" mentality and walt frayzer has it in spades.

but ya'll really wouldnt know.
this is going to be uoted, strike thru, racist reply, blah blah blah, dirty comes in and says something snarky, people will laugh, people will log off and realize they read the truth.

Clyde Frazier is that dude. He's one of the reasons why I watch the knicks on MSG.
pimp.gif

Clyde Frazier is that dude. He's one of the reasons why I watch the knicks on MSG.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

wow..... just black people huh?
No, but especially Black people.
You know what, T.I. be doing that crap too...
laugh.gif

I like when Plies does it though. Why? Because anybody that can fit "bruh-bruh" and "altruistic" into the same sentence is alright by me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

wow..... just black people huh?
No, but especially Black people.
laugh.gif

I like when Plies does it though. Why? Because anybody that can fit "bruh-bruh" and "altruistic" into the same sentence is alright by me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I suppose you singled out black people because it is uncharacteristic for them to have an extended vocabulary. Am I right or am I right?

OP subconsciously hates himself.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

I suppose you singled out black people because it is uncharacteristic for them to have an extended vocabulary. Am I right or am I right?

OP subconsciously hates himself.

I understand what you're saying. I really do. But it's dumb to single out black people.
I'd suggest broadening your surroundings if you think we're the main group who embodies this trait.
From my experience, it's usually top tier scholars who never know when to turn it off & statistically speaking, we're nowhere near other races so
I actually enjoy hearing black people place emphasis on their vocabulary. Your thread implies that we aren't suppose to know big words.
As far as Clyde goes, this helps set him apart as a broadcaster so I see nothing wrong with him possessing and utilizing his large vocabulary.
If anything, it makes me want to pick up a book.

I understand what you're saying. I really do. But it's dumb to single out black people.
I'd suggest broadening your surroundings if you think we're the main group who embodies this trait.
From my experience, it's usually top tier scholars who never know when to turn it off & statistically speaking, we're nowhere near other races so
I actually enjoy hearing black people place emphasis on their vocabulary. Your thread implies that we aren't suppose to know big words.
As far as Clyde goes, this helps set him apart as a broadcaster so I see nothing wrong with him possessing and utilizing his large vocabulary.
If anything, it makes me want to pick up a book.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif
Nah. I'd have to disagree. I think he's naturally well spoken. He's the perfect example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off. Around his peers, yeah he's lax and can talk that hood lingo, BUT when the camera's are on, and there's some kind of important symposium going on, he knows
what time it is. This is one the many things i respect about him as an artist. He's eloquent, and if you notice, he chooses his words VERY carefully.

Originally Posted by Dame Theory

laugh.gif
Nah. I'd have to disagree. I think he's naturally well spoken. He's the perfect example of someone who knows when to turn it on and off. Around his peers, yeah he's lax and can talk that hood lingo, BUT when the camera's are on, and there's some kind of important symposium going on, he knows
what time it is. This is one the many things i respect about him as an artist. He's eloquent, and if you notice, he chooses his words VERY carefully.

I used to get annoyed by his use of words, then embarassed. But now I think it's hilarious. C'mon, be serious, if Clyde was truly a fool and didn't know what he was talking about, he wouldn't be calling the games. For those of you who haven't heard him, he doesn't talk like this all the time. I just heard a radio interview with him this morning and he definitely isn't a dummy. Sorry OP, you have an argument with swiss cheese reasoning
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom