PROTEGE Info Post - 7 new models, Pg 16

2i8iz4j.jpg

Protege is “reach out

i'd be interested in buying a pair, the cause is good and the shoes look nice. even though they're recycling some design forms from other shoes, ithink that design for a purpose other than itself is something to appreciate.

even though S jack and AH are hella ugly.

(JP GS and knicks fans, JP)

someone let us know about the sizing, kmarts are becoming so uncommon these days...

i bought a pair of starburys to support. will def. buy a pair of stack jacks.

From SC.com

Protege Teammates face-off against one another. Al Harrington takes the jumper in the A3H and Stephen Jackson defends the shot in the Jack1. Great kicks guys! We're also ok with the fact that Al no longer wears #3, yet he stubbornly included it in his signature shoe's name.

htzl8g.jpg

don't like any of the designs, imo the starbury's were better specially the big ben's, anyway props to them for donating a million pair of protegeshoes, it was shown last week on nba tnt

I was in Kmart about week or so ago and saw these for like 39.99. The ones they had were the A3H White/Blue. Were very interesting. I tried to find some infobut really didn't see much. Thanks for the post!!

how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even havegood cushioning...
do they have some kind of zoom insoles when they are on court or what?
can someone pls help me out
i just want to what is really goin on under their feet

Originally Posted by bolok

how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...

it's a matter of relative comfort: remember the Chuck Taylor, nike blazers, dunks and all those shoes we wear casually now were technical balling shoesworn by the best athletes not even 40 years ago.

cushioning is NOT universal, and essentially not really a "necessity". it's just because we've been blessed/cursed/spoiled with padded andsoft cushioning in the last 15 that we demand it now. but if you're used to hard/little cush, it's definitely not a problem to wear these shoes.

Originally Posted by TheFundamental

how do these players survive playing in such high level with these kind of shoes and starburys?i am just wondering because i tried this on it did not even have good cushioning...

it's a matter of relative comfort: remember the Chuck Taylor, nike blazers, dunks and all those shoes we wear casually now were technical balling shoes worn by the best athletes not even 40 years ago.

cushioning is NOT universal, and essentially not really a "necessity". it's just because we've been blessed/cursed/spoiled with padded and soft cushioning in the last 15 that we demand it now. but if you're used to hard/little cush, it's definitely not a problem to wear these shoes.

thanks theFundamental for helping me to realize the good old days, i remember players 20-40 years wear 2 or more socks for added cushioning and i played withmy sandals on the hard streets which is by the way has dead cushioning.

now, my feet are always demanding for cushioning and i hate it. i don't think i will be able to play without good cushioning system we have today.

the players don't always wear the same shoes that they sell. theirs are all modified and molded to fit their feet, and with extra cushioning.

for example, Sheed wears AF1s when he plays, but they definitely aren't GR AF1s. his have special insoles, and they were made to fit his feet perfectly.

Caught up with my mentor and boss D.Stokes and this is what he told me, "KeonClark from NT is showing love!?! wow!! thats cool, I'm a fan, thank you.Everyone please check out www.protegemvp.com thats our mainstream site! And watch the Allstar game this weekend for the ad! Mac G the red Stackjacks are onlyfor Jax to rock at allstar but may be released limited some day. Fundamental you are the man!! I respect your knowledge and love the I need to read NikeTalk's rules. that you realize thedifference between tech and gimicks. However I have heard the concerns about cushioning and for our next round Bolok I have built up the sock linner double.However in the end the best cushion tech is good eva compound and support shanks. Downtown my man your correct but the only thing different about the guysprotege shoes is the colors, they are wearing the same shoes as you. Also you guys have to understand that all shoe companies usually give you the same shoesas the players, however the players wear orthotics and get a fresh pair of shoes each game. Companies like adidas, Nike, Jordan, Reebok etc do have great techthat help reduce weight and shock but in the end if your not 7'1" 300lbs there isnt much difference in player shoes outside of casting and orthotics.I should know i have designed for everyone from Stackjack to Shaq. Yo Jepeh and PGM I got some more designs comin and and I'm gonna get you in some Protegeone day!!! By the way Jason a.k.a Mr.2009 I copped them joints and they are crazy! And Congrats Nate you killed it!"

Originally Posted by goldenstackz

Caught up with my mentor and boss D.Stokes and this is what he told me, "KeonClark from NT is showing love!?! wow!! thats cool, I'm a fan, thank you. Everyone please check out www.protegemvp.com thats our mainstream site! And watch the Allstar game this weekend for the ad! Mac G the red Stackjacks are only for Jax to rock at allstar but may be released limited some day. Fundamental you are the man!! I respect your knowledge and love the I need to read NikeTalk's rules. that you realize the difference between tech and gimicks. However I have heard the concerns about cushioning and for our next round Bolok I have built up the sock linner double. However in the end the best cushion tech is good eva compound and support shanks. Downtown my man your correct but the only thing different about the guys protege shoes is the colors, they are wearing the same shoes as you. Also you guys have to understand that all shoe companies usually give you the same shoes as the players, however the players wear orthotics and get a fresh pair of shoes each game. Companies like adidas, Nike, Jordan, Reebok etc do have great tech that help reduce weight and shock but in the end if your not 7'1" 300lbs there isnt much difference in player shoes outside of casting and orthotics. I should know i have designed for everyone from Stackjack to Shaq. Yo Jepeh and PGM I got some more designs comin and and I'm gonna get you in some Protege one day!!! By the way Jason a.k.a Mr.2009 I copped them joints and they are crazy! And Congrats Nate you killed it!"

Would it fit your business model to release a model with additional cushioning, if the consumer were willing to pay a little bit more in order to offset theadditional expense?

Thats what they did once they felt it wasn't enough for some. I have shoes from other companies that dont have enough insole and I just switched them out.

I actually bought 1 pair of A3H and Cpt.jack shoes and i think these can improve a lil bit in cushioning after playing in them.
i played with both 3 hours each. im 165 playing style and playing role is similar to ray allen
here's my quick synopsis:
cushioning: stacks is softer than A3h, i noticed stacks have thicker insoles than A3H but A3H has better court feel
traction: - both STRAIGHT, these did not let me slip,perhaps a little but i cured that with pouring lil bit of soda on the floor and wiped it with my shoes
ankle support: both same decent support but i suggest wear braces
comfort: stacks > A3H
breathability: I think they are both great because my feet did not heat up with mixed drills and playing
stability: A3h is lockdown period. i am only afraid that the strap would be torn because of the quality seems to be a
frown.gif

as of the moment STACKS out perform my A3H(even though i like the design of A3H
laugh.gif
),Reebok and converse.
i will keep you updated about the perfomance and durability.
feel free to ask questions about the shoes

A message from Dallas, "YO ITS ME DALLAS STOKES THE DESIGNER OF BOTH SHOES. BOLOK THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT AND I PROMISE YOU IM ON ITASAP!!! THANK YOU!!!"

If you think the insoles and cushioning isn't enough for you, buy a new pair of insoles (spenco or if you're lucky and still have the nike full lengthzoom air ones) and you'd probably be straight.

Originally Posted by NikeUnlimited

If you think the insoles and cushioning isn't enough for you, buy a new pair of insoles (spenco or if you're lucky and still have the nike full length zoom air ones) and you'd probably be straight.
whats the point of buying affordable shoes if you are going to buy $20insoles +tax
Im only asking for a lil bit
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom