Ps3 update 2.17 Vol ... update of DEATH

So i decided to update my ps3 yesterday night after it was done with DL and while doing the install all it say is Error please call technical support forassistance
indifferent.gif
ipvyaa.jpg

So I'm like what the
mad.gif
I reset it like four times sameoutcome
tired.gif
I only payed $250 brand new for the 80gb system is there anyonewho has done the update of DEATH

Glad i have an XBOX 360

I've done the update. No problems. Why don't you just call technical support? It probably would have taken less time than making this post.

Originally Posted by MoMoNeY848

I've done the update. No problems. Why don't you just call technical support? It probably would have taken less time than making this post.

ok fanboy I've been on hold for the last 20+ mins

I did the update and everything is fine but I can't get on 2k8 online
mad.gif
However I have been able to connect to 2k since the update so it is probably just the server

Originally Posted by Shadystylez

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm a "fanboy" because I pointed out the obvious? Since when is common sense considered a fanboy trait? Dudes always trying to come at someonefor no reason.
roll.gif

damn, did he offend you?
laugh.gif
I've had a bunch of friends update theirsand I haven't heard of any problems nor is there any mention of it in the PS3 thread

i updated mine and it works perfectly ... only problem i had was cod4 loaded for about 8 seconds longer than it usually does, other than that im in there likeswimwear ... step your system up

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

i updated mine and it works perfectly ... only problem i had was cod4 loaded for about 8 seconds longer than it usually does, other than that im in there like swimwear ... step your system up

^
indifferent.gif
^ umm I have the 80gb model what is there to step it upto.......? anyway after getting of the phone with support they told me to take out the hdd and put it back in still same out come so i decided to take out amempry card i had in the slot reset it again now its working
wink.gif

i updated mine and it works perfectly ... only problem i had was cod4 loaded for about 8 seconds longer than it usually does, other than that im in there like swimwear ... step your system up

^
indifferent.gif
^ umm I have the 80gb model what is there to step it upto.......? anyway after getting of the phone with support they told me to take out the hdd and put it back in still same out come so i decided to take out amempry card i had in the slot reset it again now its working
wink.gif

Originally Posted by TheMaliciousKid

What does this update entail? I haven't done it yet.
[h3]The PLAYSTATION[emoji]174[/emoji]3 system software version 2.17 (with 2.10) update includes the following:[/h3][h4]Voice Changer[/h4]
The Voice Changer feature has been added to voice / video chat. > See details.

Voicechanger_EN.jpg

[h3]Other new or revised features in version 2.17 (with 2.10):[/h3][h4]
icn_music.gif
Music[/h4]
  • You can now select [Type 3] as an option under [Settings] > [Music Settings] > [Bitmapping]. > See details.
  • A new pattern has been added for the visual player. > See details.
[h4]
icn_video.gif
Video[/h4]
  • DivX and VC-1 (WMV) have been added to the types of files that can be played. *1
  • Blu-ray Disc Profile 1.1 is now supported. *2
  • [BD Data Utility] has been added. *3
[table][tr][td]*1[/td] [td]
- To play VC-1 (WMV) format files, you must go to
icn_settings.gif
(Settings) >
icn_PS3_systemsettings.gif
(System Settings) and set [Enable WMA Playback].
- Copyright-protected files or files that were encoded by using DivX 3.11 cannot be played.
- Files that are 2GB or more cannot be played.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*2[/td] [td]
You can now use the "Picture in Picture" feature that enables playback of two videos at the same time with some Profile 1.1-compatible Blu-ray Discs. Features available vary depending on the disc.
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]*3[/td] [td]
Management data that is used by the Blu-ray Disc is saved here.
[/td] [/tr][/table][h4]
icn_game.gif
Game[/h4]
  • New for 2.17: System stability during use of some PLAYSTATION[emoji]174[/emoji]3 format software has been improved.
You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
  • System Update »
    Update using the PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji] system's [System Update] feature.
  • Update using a PC »
    Download update data using a PC and save on storage media* or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji] system's hard disk and perform the update.
    *An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3[emoji]8482[/emoji] system.
  • Update using disc media »
    Update using update data that is included on a game disc.

umm I have the 80gb model what is there to step it up to.......? anyway after getting of the phone with support they told me to take out the hdd and put it back in still same out come so i decided to take out a mempry card i had in the slot reset it again now its working
you have an 80gb system that doesnt work and youre getting mad ... i bet you wish you had a non backwards compatible working 40gb right now dontyou?

umm I have the 80gb model what is there to step it up to.......? anyway after getting of the phone with support they told me to take out the hdd and put it back in still same out come so i decided to take out a memory card i had in the slot reset it again now its working
you have an 80gb system that doesnt work and youre getting mad ... i bet you wish you had a non backwards compatible working 40gb right now dont you?

are u serious
indifferent.gif
do you read the post i said its working nowand why would i want a 40gb......
indifferent.gif
i only you use it to watchmovies from my pc on a bigger T.V other than that it collects DUST until GTA 4
pimp.gif
,MGS
pimp.gif
& Resident Evil 5
pimp.gif
comes out
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by AlBooBoo5

I did the update and everything is fine but I can't get on 2k8 online
mad.gif
However I have been able to connect to 2k since the update so it is probably just the server
oh my god. same thing happening to me. the only thing i get on is my ea games

when i try to do the update for nba2k8 its always stoping at 7 percent. %%+# is frustrating

Lol, I have a 20GB. It will do until I get out of the desert or until they release a slimmer version.

Back
Top Bottom