PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

About time 2k10 demo arrives. Haven't bought 2k10 or Live because I've been waiting on the demo. I didn't care for the Live demo much, but after Iheard about all the problems with 2k I wasn't about to go out and get the game. Want to at least check the gameplay and if I'm fine with it I'msticking with 2k.

Originally Posted by sole vintage

[h1]PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance[/h1]
Posted by Patrick Seybold // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

The PlayStation Network will undergo maintenance tonight, October 14. Maintenance is expected to start at 11pm Pacific and could last for several hours. During this time, some users won't be able to access the PlayStation Store or account management, and may encounter some difficulty while signing in to PSN.

some people have been signing in and out
Explains how I got booted from Madden
mad.gif

SMH! My ps3 got the YLOD! Its a 60gig so I knew it was coming. Its still gay tho. Imma call sony today, and hopefully I can have it back by 11/10.

So I Got a free copy of Dirt 2 from a radip station. Sealed, brand new. Can I trade this brand new game to gamestop? Will they give me full price or no? Tryinget that Uncharted.

Originally Posted by piczon1983

So I Got a free copy of Dirt 2 from a radip station. Sealed, brand new. Can I trade this brand new game to gamestop? Will they give me full price or no? Tryin get that Uncharted.
Nope....I know Wal Mart will let you trade it in for store credit though

Originally Posted by jrp44

So I Got a free copy of Dirt 2 from a radip station. Sealed, brand new. Can I trade this brand new game to gamestop? Will they give me full price or no? Tryin get that Uncharted.

so what do I do, just go in Walmart and say that it was a gift?

Originally Posted by jrp44

so what do I do, just go in Walmart and say that it was a gift?
Yeah that will work...You are allowed to return like 3 things a year or 6 months w/o a receipt (they type in your license so its on file) Theywill just give you a gift card and just go get UC2

[h2]God of War III demo releasing November 13 in Japan[/h2]
October 15th, 2009 @ 08:09
By Patrick Garratt

The God of War III demo will release on November 13 in Japan, according to this Siliconera article.

The info comes from a promo in the Japanese version of InFamous.

Hit the link for more. Still waiting on a US or European date
[h2]Kojima says Zone of the Enders is on the "top of the list"[/h2]
October 14th, 2009 @ 21:11
By Stephany Nunneley

kojima.jpg

Hideo Kojima said during an interview over on the EU PS Blog that as far as a new Zone of the Enders game is concerned, it's not a question of "if" one will be released, just "when".

"A lot of [people] love Zone of the Enders, and we love the title as well, especially at Kojima Productions and we always want to create one for the next gens as well," he said.

"Of course, Kojuma Productions has a long list of things we want to bring out, and of course Zone of the Enders is one on the top of the list.

"However, we have to manage staffing and work around projects so it's not going to be out too soon, but we are really considering it."

You can watch the full thing through the link there.

[h1]NEW 250GB PlayStation 3 System Available November3[/h1]
Posted by Kim Nguyen // Marketing Manager, PLAYSTATION 3

Hi everyone! Since we launched the slimmer, lighter 120GB PS3 system, we've sold one million units worldwide within the first three weeks. We know that all of you are really making use of the PS3's hard drive, as more than 600 million pieces of content have been downloaded from PlayStation Network. But if you are the ultimate digital consumer craving a bigger hard drive, we have the perfect solution for you.

Today, we announced the availability of a new PS3 system with a 250GB hard drive hitting store shelves on November 3. The PS3 250GB system has the same slim look, feel and features as the 120GB system, but with a 250GB built-in hard drive for $349.99. With the new, larger capacity, you'll have even more room to store your favorite games, movies/TV shows, music, photos and PlayStation Network downloads.

^^^^I knew that was going to happen. Oh well.....I think I can get a 500gig or a terabyte for about less then $100 anyways. I have been messing with my PS3 allnight yesterday and it is dope and I am not even running internet on it. I got 5 movies on there but I can see how it really eats through the harddrive space.Still though.....if I get a terabyte and movies are about a gig or so, I am going to have a whole damn blockbuster in my machine and just stream all my audiofrom my mac instead.

Originally Posted by WILLINC

What game do you guys think will be better Uncharted 2 or MWF 2 ?

never been much into COD but that train sequence through the jungle and the snow in U2 was probably the most ridiculous sequence ive ever played
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

from pushsquare.com

detuned on Playstation 3 Hands-On Impressions
[h3]Category: Columns, Features, Playstation 3, Playstation Network, Reviews[/h3] [h3]Tags: detuned, santa monica, sony, theprodukkt[/h3]

.detuned on Playstation 3 Hands-On Impressions.

.detuned is not a game. Like the bonkers Linger In Shadows that paved the entrance of the demo-scene onto Playstation 3, .detuned is part audio visualiser, part creative set-piece. It's also ten-times more crazy than the floating dogs of Linger In Shadows.

Set in a surreal universe, .detuned depicts the dreamscape of an unexplored, suited character named Rob. The demo has been created by German team .theprodukkt and is a weird manipulation of music and polygonal objects. Essentially, the demo part of .detuned is set to a heavy electronic beat, which influences the seated Rob. The music adapts and twists as Rob's dreamscape becomes more and more surreal. Just to give you an idea of how odd things get: Rob's head eventually turns into a big yellow balloon. Seriously.

The interactive section of .detuned allows you to play with manipulation tools seen in the main demo. You're able to import music from the XMB and manipulate Rob and the music in real-time. Pressing the L2 button changes the polygonal aspects of Rob's face; for example turning him into an elephant, balloon or vampire. The R2 buttons adapts the audio, running it through filters, glitchers, delays and EQ sweeps. You can zoom in on the action with the left analogue stick, explore more visual effects with the right analogue stick and change the camera with the Sixaxis.

.detuned is likely to interest those heavily involved in the demo scene, but be warned if you're having to Google what "demo scene" means, this might not be for you. It's awesome to see Sony pushing this bonkers content into a commercial environment, but at £2.39 it's hard to justify the cost of this product.

If Sony really want to put the demo scene in mainstream consumers hands, they really need to reconsider their pricing strategy.

If you're really looking for something different (and you liked Linger In Shadows), then look no further.

Really had no clue what this was about..sounds wild.

from vg247.com
[h2]IW dropped Modern Warfare 2 Campaign co-op as it "ruined the experience"[/h2]
October 15th, 2009 @ 16:20
By Patrick Garratt

Infinity Ward's Rob Bowling's revealed to VG247 that Modern Warfare 2 was initially supposed to have full co-op in the its main Campaign, but was dropped as it "ruined the experience" the developer was aiming for.

The final game instead has Spec Ops mode - a dedicated, mission-based co-op section playable either online or locally in split-screen.

"We did it early on; that's what Spec Ops started out as, as co-op through story," said Bowling when asked why Campaign co-op didn't make the final game.

"But it really broke the cinematic experience, took the immersion out of it, out of the story and the pacing and everything we'd spent so long crafting. It just ruined the experience we were aiming for, so we took it out, kept the single-player for that one player intact and polished it."

Spec Ops was born from the good parts of the ditched co-op mode, Bowling said.

"But then there were moments that were really fun with two players, so we took those moments and put them in Spec Ops," he added.

"So you can play moments directly taken from the single-player, in Spec Ops, but it's polished towards those two players so the experience is pure. You really get the best of both worlds: you get the moments that were fun, but the moments that were %%#$++ we took out."

We just played a Brazilian Spec Ops level with Rob at a London hotel: it's awesome. We'll knock up some impressions tomorrow.

Modern Warfare 2 ships on November 10.

from gamersdigest.com

[h1]Uncharted 2: New Multiplayer Playlists[/h1]Posted by GamersDigest in News, Sony PS3Oct 15th, 2009 | http://www.gamersdigest.net/3983/uncharted-2-new-multiplayer-playlists/#respond0 Comments and 0 Reactions
Naughty Dog have revised one playlist, and added two more, in the multiplayer mode of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (which we recently reviewed).

The 'Deathmatch' playlist has been revised, and consists of standard game types only (variants such as RPGs only have been removed).

A new playlist, 'Elimination' has been added, and as the name suggests only the elimination game types can be found there.

The final addition is the 'All Competitive Modes' playlist, which consists of all competitive games such as Standard Deathmatch, Deathmatch Variants, Plunder, Turf War etc.

Alright....I am getting Uncharted 2. I was going to wait for CODMW2 but I might as well get this to hold me off.

Anyone know how long it taked to beat it? Like hours wise?

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Alright....I am getting Uncharted 2. I was going to wait for CODMW2 but I might as well get this to hold me off.

Took me about 11 hours I believe. It's SO FUN DUDE. If you beat it in a day i'll be impressed. There's a complete walkthrough onyoutube if you need help but my brain was fried after about 8 hours on release date. There's plenty of stuff to keep you occupied with this game until MW2.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

It taked about 10-15 hours, from what I am hearing.
laugh.gif

I played on very easy like a WHIMP.
laugh.gif
Still took me 11 hours. The enemies died pretty fast so imma go back and get my treasures and stuff on a harder level.Train chapter is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom