PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

[h2]Sony’s Answer To PS3 Piracy: Serial Codes?[/h2]
ps3_logo_9.jpg

Dutch website claims Sony will introduce PC-like unique code system to thwart PS3 pirates.

Sony will respond to the recent publication online of PlayStation 3’s root keys by shipping new games with a unique serial code.

Dutch website PS3-Sensesays a source has told them that all future PS3 game discs are to carrya unique code, with players forced to input it onto the system for thegame to launch. The source claims a similar system already exists onSony’s online service, PlayStation Network.

The code can reportedly be used up to five times, a move that willnot only prevent piracy but will also impact on the increasing trade inpre-owned games, as retailers will have no idea how many times a codehas been used when a customer tries to trade the game in.

Sony have been forced into the move after iPhone hacker GeoHot discovered and published online the PS3’s root keys, enabling developers – and pirates – to sign unauthorised code as genuine Sony software.

While the introduction of serial codes would theoretically get roundthis problem, its success in the long term is another matter entirely;a similar system has been used for PC games for years and has hardlyproven secure. Should hackers find a way round it, the only loserswould be those who buy legitimate games that they cannot trade in orsell on, encumbered by DRM.
We’ve asked Sony for comme

^There goes the game rental/trade business. You can't even let your friends borrow your games anymore.
30t6p3b.gif
indifferent.gif

Mortal Kombat is back. It's worth it, plus whatever else Sony drops in 3 months (IE: LA Noire demo) ill rep the benefits too.

Got my first batch of free avatar and themes 
eyes.gif
  from the Playstation Reward beta program ...i wish they would follow the club nintendo footstep and give out awesome giveaways

Originally Posted by derrty6232

SMH @ paying $17 just for a demo instead of waiting a week to get the same demo for free...
My money, you complain
My money, you complain
My money, you complain

grin.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by derrty6232

SMH @ paying $17 just for a demo instead of waiting a week to get the same demo for free...
My money, you complain
My money, you complain
My money, you complain
Paying $17 for a demo > black ops

grin.gif

Originally Posted by swendro88

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by BOBtheHOE

''IGN Director heared something interesting about GTA''

http://twitter.com/jimreilly/status/43397930211737600

with all the hints its looking like Grand theft auto: vice city 2
pimp.gif

pimp.gif

How do you get vice city 2 out of that?
hints from GTA IV and TBOGT....here's some more speculation about that tweet.

"You all know about that IGN guy Jim Reily who said in his tweet "Heard some interesting things about the next Grand Theft Auto last night."

What he was trying to say was that he was there and and witnessed it all

The next Grand Theft Auto game is currently being discussed and being shown behind closed doors at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco.
And the reason for anyone not saying anything is becuse everyone there signed an agreement. Thats about all he was able to say and if he would have said more he would break the NDA." 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Dead nation 1.02 patch is live

How long did it take you to beat this game?

I wanna get it but I don't want to waste $$$.  I got a ton of PSN games that I hardly play.

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

I wanna get it but I don't want to waste $$$.  I got a ton of PSN games that I hardly play.
never beat it, on stage 7...theres 10 of them it probably takes 8-10 hours 

Via Joystiq

Modern Warfare 2 patch arrives March 8, 'to address hacking
mw2-stimulus-package-crop-530w.jpg

It appears that whatever Sony did to mitigate security issues in its most recent PlayStation 3 patch has enabled Infinity Ward to address its "unplayable" version of Modern Warfare 2. Creative strategist Robert Bowling announced on Twitter that a patch "will release on PlayStation 3 worldwide on March 8," with an Xbox 360 and PC release following at some point. The patch, Bowling said, is specifically intended "to address hacking."

Bowling detailed the process on the Infinty Ward forums, having updated his original post about the PS3 situation as new information was available from IW while staying intentionally light on details, "as we don't want to give out any information that could potentially hinder the security any further." He additionally noted that the patch "will also address a small geo exploit on the map Fuel, which players exploited in order to get inside a rock on the outskirts of the map." Apparently some players were ... rocking that exploit real hard.

Good to know. I haven't ran into any hackers for weeks now on MW2, glad this patch is almost finalized. 

Via Joystiq

More Battlefield 3 footage captured on shakycam

If you're jonesing to see more of DICE's next, super-pretty shooter Battlefield 3, you should strike while the iron's hot -- by which we mean "before the iron gets pulled from YouTube." Check out some shakycam footage from the developer's GDC presentation posted after the jump.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

More Grand Theft Auto V rumors have surfaced, this afternoon. Once again, they come from renowned internet snoop, Superannuation (or supererogatory, as some know him).

Telsey & Company, Rockstar’s go-to company for casting calls, lists a “interactive project

Originally Posted by GUTTA BOB

never beat it, on stage 7...theres 10 of them it probably takes 8-10 hours 
is this the voice chat update?

Back
Top Bottom