PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

Via store.steampowered.com

Modern Warfare 2 gets PC update; Xbox 360 & PS3 patch 'in test'
mw2patch01192010.jpg

A patch for the PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is now available for download from Steam, which nips the negative XP and "running man" issues in the bud. PC gamers should find the game more or less back to normal, but there are still plenty of problems for console gamers, so we we contacted Infinity Ward's Robert "fourzerotwo" Bowling to find out about an update.

Bowling told us a console patch is "currently in test for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions." Unfortunately, he didn't have any word as to when the patch would go live for Xbox 360 and PS3 users. Hang in there soldiers!

Via Joystiq.com

UK retailer dates Battlefield Bad Company 2 demo
battlefieldbadcompany2announcement.jpg

UK retailer Game has listed the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 demo as starting on February 4, 2010. The demo will apparently run for three weeks on both Xbox Live and PlayStation Network. Although these details have yet to be confirmed by EA or DICE, the information seems rather specific and comes from a major retailer.

While we await a response from EA, we're going to keep watching footage of the stuff we hope to do in Battefield: Bad Company 2. Look for it on shelves in March.

My Take: Anybody else coppin this game? I am. The beta was really really good.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by DubA169

those GOW III screens don't impress me. I guess i was expecting uncharted 2/mgs 4 graphics.

i'm sure the game will be fun as hell, but the graphics don't seem that great.

you play the demo?

his opinion is a common opinion going around in video game forums, people claiming to be unimpressed by moving level-sized titans as if every game has it and its no big deal

i mean is it such a crazy claim?
laugh.gif
i'm not some anti-ps3 persontaking swipes at gow III, not going out of my way to bash the game. i don't know how having titans running around makes it harder to develop a game, and asa consumer don't really care. graphics just aren't mind shattering
ohwell.gif

you sound kinda mad that people are unimpressed. were you honestly blown away? oh and yes phenomenon i played the demo and old GOW's.

those GOW III screens don't impress me. I guess i was expecting uncharted 2/mgs 4 graphics.

you play the demo?

his opinion is a common opinion going around in video game forums, people claiming to be unimpressed by moving level-sized titans as if every game has it and its no big deal

laugh.gif
i'm not some anti-ps3 person taking swipes at gow III, not going out of my way to bash the game. i don't know how having titans running around makes it harder to develop a game, and as a consumer don't really care. graphics just aren't mind shattering
ohwell.gif

you sound kinda mad that people are unimpressed. were you honestly blown away? oh and yes phenomenon i played the demo and old GOW's.

im not mad at all, what youre saying isnt surprising to me like all these other dudes posting head-exploding gifs, i see it all over video game forums

as for me, yeah, i am blown away, those moving level-sized titans are unlike anything ive ever seen in a game

IDK about ya'll, but I've yet to experience any type of glitch in MW2.. i play strictly MTDM & S&D.. since none of ya'll ever invite me =(

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Is one man army the negative XP glitch? or something else i missed...
me 2 i just started using it, not for glitch just to try it (don't like that i don't have my second weapon)
i dont think thats it. i use it and theres nothing wrong with anything that i do.
i know i got to the third level of it today 150 kills with it i think...nothing fancy u can just switch once to a different class but can'tswitch again till u die

Originally Posted by ricer yo

Originally Posted by Battousai701

Originally Posted by AverageSavage

i work at Target and to my surprise the 250gb slim is on clearance for $244.98. im not sure about other stores.
which target u work at?
seems like its a Cali-regional thing. i picked up a 250gb slim this morning for $244.98 in socal (Long Beach).

new to this PS3 thing, used to be a xbox360 user (sold it back in may, to fund my vegas trip).... any recommendations on games?

Depends on what you like but I'll recommend these:

Shooters: Uncharted 1& 2. Uncharted 1 is on the greatest hits list and Sam's club has a good deal of Uncharted 1 & dual shock 3 controller for $54.Or if you don't need or want the extra dual shock 3 Uncharted 1 can be had anywhere from $25 to $29 bucks since it's on the greatest hits list. Othershooters Modern Warfare 2, and Killzone 2. Here is the link to that Sams club deal http://www.samsclub.com/s...o?dest=5&item=484498

Platformer: Ratchet & Clank: Future Tools Of Destruction is on the greatest hits list also and can be had for $25 to $29 bucks also. The new Ratchet &Clank: A Ctack In Time has dope graphics and is fun to play also. Also Little Big Planet.

RPG's: Demon Souls. Although be warned the game is known for being very hard. White Knight Chronicles is coming out next month, Final Fantasy XIII inMarch.

Action Adventure: Get the God Of War HD collection it's $40 bucks for 2 great games and you get a demo code for the 09 E3 demo of God Of War III. If youend up getting the God Of War HD collection there is a very good chance you will end up getting God Of War III which also comes out in March.

Sports: MLB 10 The Show will be out on March 2. Even if your not a baseball fan like myself the game is just so damn good it will bring you in and get youhooked. The Road To The Show feature in the game is great and fun to play. Other sports games are the usual EA franchises: Madden, Fifa, Fight Night, forbasketball I'd still stick with NBA 2K10.

you play the demo?

laugh.gif
i'm not some anti-ps3 person taking swipes at gow III, not going out of my way to bash the game. i don't know how having titans running around makes it harder to develop a game, and as a consumer don't really care. graphics just aren't mind shattering
ohwell.gif

im not mad at all, what youre saying isnt surprising to me like all these other dudes posting head-exploding gifs, i see it all over video game forums

as for me, yeah, i am blown away, those moving level-sized titans are unlike anything ive ever seen in a game
Honestly a lot of people are making their judgment off what they have seen & played in the E3 2009 demo which was a very early build to thegame. All the gameplay videos that are out right now are the E3 2009 demo. Only the media and game industry people have seen the latest build which wasshowcased in short 2 to 3 minute demo at a private NYC event last month and everyone who saw and played that demo was blown away with the scale of the game& the graphics. The problem is that Sony has been pretty tight lipped about the release and still has not put out a new trailer for the game or new videoof actual gameplay with the latest build. Rumor has it that right now Sony is going to put out a new trailer during a Superbowl commercial break.

Ahh so now we know who the guy Jason McDonald is. Because playing the God Of War HD Collection I was wondering why that gold trophy was called "Speed of Jason McDonald" where you have to beat God Of War I in under 5 hours.

For anyone looking to get a new 250GB PS3 Slim check your local Target. People on blu-ray.com forums have been reporting they are on sale for $244 but it's not advertised.

May only be a west coast or Cali Target stores only though.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via thelostgamer.com

Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition details leaked?
FFXIIICollectorsEdition.jpg

I'm sure many are eagerly awaiting the March release of Square Enix's highly anticipated RPG title, Final Fantasy XIII, as much as I am. However, i'm still waiting for Square Enix to announce the details of the Collector's Edition for the title, which was previously confirmed in December.

Firstly, I'd imagine that Square Enix would announce the Collector's Edition as their final "13th" announcement on February 13th, so please remember that for now this is completely unconfirmed and may be a complete mistake on Gamestop's part.

For those that welcome a little rumour regarding the contents of such edition, it may come as a surprise though to see that Gamestop's website for its Italian branch has today posted what is apparently to be inside. According to their listing over on gamestop.it, the Collector's Edition, for Playstation 3, is set to be priced at €79.98 and will include;

- Soundtrack
- Art Book
- Prequel Novel to Final Fantasy XIII (possibly an English version of the Japanese book, Episode Zero)
- Graphic Novel
- Collector Illustration (we imagine this means a postcard)

Yo does that say region 1? If it does, then copped.

me 2 i just started using it, not for glitch just to try it (don't like that i don't have my second weapon)
i dont think thats it. i use it and theres nothing wrong with anything that i do.
i know i got to the third level of it today 150 kills with it i think...nothing fancy u can just switch once to a different class but can't switch again till u die

One Man Army spammers equp it, Danger Close, noob tubes and claymores. They find a corner, spam tubes each direction, set-up a claymore, than use One Man Army.Repeat. Several hundred times.

And I don't know what this dude is talking about... you can use it unlimited times.

Originally Posted by rowenarrow

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via thelostgamer.com

Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition details leaked?
FFXIIICollectorsEdition.jpg

I'm sure many are eagerly awaiting the March release of Square Enix's highly anticipated RPG title, Final Fantasy XIII, as much as I am. However, i'm still waiting for Square Enix to announce the details of the Collector's Edition for the title, which was previously confirmed in December.

Firstly, I'd imagine that Square Enix would announce the Collector's Edition as their final "13th" announcement on February 13th, so please remember that for now this is completely unconfirmed and may be a complete mistake on Gamestop's part.

For those that welcome a little rumour regarding the contents of such edition, it may come as a surprise though to see that Gamestop's website for its Italian branch has today posted what is apparently to be inside. According to their listing over on gamestop.it, the Collector's Edition, for Playstation 3, is set to be priced at €79.98 and will include;

- Soundtrack
- Art Book
- Prequel Novel to Final Fantasy XIII (possibly an English version of the Japanese book, Episode Zero)
- Graphic Novel
- Collector Illustration (we imagine this means a postcard)
Yo does that say region 1? If it does, then copped.

Last I heard in December when the project wrapped. EU and JPN were getting collector's editions and NA was not. I still say it's not happening, but heyi'm not in marketing
grin.gif

I certainly had no clue about the FF13 bus tour
laugh.gif

Resistance 2 collectors edition is 40 bucks on newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16879261151
I played the first and enjoyed it but never picked up the second. If I hear good things I'll cop. Thoughts?
It's ok I bought the CE day one and it was a good experience. I liked the first one more but that's just me its fun and for that price itsa good deal.
Resistance 1 - 2006
Resistance 2 - 2008
Resistance 3 - 2010????

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

i know i got to the third level of it today 150 kills with it i think...nothing fancy u can just switch once to a different class but can't switch again till u die

One Man Army spammers equp it, Danger Close, noob tubes and claymores. They find a corner, spam tubes each direction, set-up a claymore, than use One Man Army. Repeat. Several hundred times.

And I don't know what this dude is talking about... you can use it unlimited times.
hmm do you need to equip it on every class to use it unlimited times? cause when i do it once i can't switch again till i die

nah dog u equip the one man army > once ur run out of noob tube bullets ?> u press traingle and click the same one man army class. u don't gotta dieto change it

Resistance 2 collectors edition is 40 bucks on newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...lickDeals-_-NA-_-NA-_-NA&Item=N82E16879261151

I played the first and enjoyed it but never picked up the second. If I hear good things I'll cop. Thoughts?

Meh 2nd one wasn't that great, very very arcade-y..They def tried their hardest to make it more Halo/COD & MP just ended in a hot mess.

Dark Void review from IGN

[table][tr][th=""]Rating[/th] [th=""]Description[/th] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]out of 10[/td] [td]click here for ratings guide [/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.5[/td] [td]Presentation
I never understood my motivations or who certain characters were because the game never explained itself to me.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.5[/td] [td]Graphics
The animations for flight are all right, but the botched lip syncing, shadows, and bland environments screw everything up.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.0[/td] [td]Sound
Nolan North is good and his British lady-friend isn't bad, but the audio glitches such as stuttering sound and static suck.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.0[/td] [td]Gameplay
Punching robots and flying is fun at first, but the mechanics get run into the ground by repetition and bad AI.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.5[/td] [td]Lasting Appeal
The game is short, but you unlock the ability to see collectibles on your RADAR after beating it. Still, do you really want to play this again?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.0
Meh[/td] [td]OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)[/td] [/tr][/table]

Wasn't checking for this game anyway, really doesn't look too great..

[h1]MLB 10: The Show 30-Player Franchise Mode[/h1]
Posted by Aaron Luke // Designer

Hey everyone, the MLB FE team here to bring you the first installment of the MLB 10: The Show blogs. For this entry, we'll be talking about some of the details that have gone into the new 30-Player Franchise Mode.

One of our goals going into this year was to finally enable the ability to mimic your real-life counterpart rosters when in Franchise mode. In order to do so, we had to allow all 30 teams to be set for user control. Before we could even dive into that, we had to change up how profiles and options work.

In the past, we've allowed you to create a total of four profiles. With this new 30-Player control, we had to open the profile system up to accommodate the potential for a full 30 players. One of the biggest reasons was to have the ability to support up to 30 different option sets. So now you have the ability to create 30 different profiles, and assign any or all of them to your selected teams. If you want only one team to use a custom option set, assign a profile to only that team, and all other selected teams will use the Global options set.

After crossing the options hurdle, another area we needed to expand on was our player injury system. In order for you to have that true-to-life roster, we saw the need to allow you to manage your player injuries. We now support a system that allows you to select which players should be injured, choosing their injury type and injury duration. You can also choose to remove players from the disabled list at any point, ensuring your roster can be kept in sync with the actual club roster. In order to use this feature, you need to first set the Injuries option to manual.

During our design phase, we realized one important roster control aspect we desperately needed to add - Class-A rosters. This year you will now have a Class-A team roster to work with, giving you even more wiggle room when making roster decisions. The Class-A team cannot be taken in game, but you can use it as another 15 roster spots for your organization.

Once we finished addressing the tools vital for you to support your rosters, we looked at polish features. We came up with a new email system in Franchise mode to provide you with one convenient place to keep tabs on your organization needs. This email system will provide with you updates in a variety of areas, including day-to-day operations, roster related information, Minor League player updates, and league transactions. You will have the ability to cater your inbox by selecting which areas you want to be notified of, and which you don't.

One last area expanded upon was the waiver system we implemented last year. We've added real-time waiver periods. Now when a player is placed on waivers, teams will have 48 hours to place a claim on the player. After the 48-hour period, the claiming team with the highest waiver priority is awarded the player. Teams are now able pass players through revocable trade waivers and, if he clears, can trade that player after the July 31st trade deadline. Also, when a player is designated for assignment, teams will now have 10 days to decide whether to release him, trade him, or if he clears waivers, assign him to the minor leagues. As was the case last year, we have a transaction handbook that you can visit at any point to familiarize yourself with all of the rules.

As you can see a lot of focus has been placed on providing you with all the tools necessary to keep your Franchise roster up-to-date with its real-life counterpart. These enhancements aren't limited to only Franchise mode, and the same 30-player control can be found in Season mode.

Link

Back
Top Bottom