PS3 YLOD Help

Any one have any experience with the yellow light of death on the ps3? Woke up this morning with ylod. From looking at most ps3 boards its looks to RIP for my ps3, but i was wondering if anyone got any first hand advice.

Damn, the worst of it is PS3s have a 98% effective rate, which means you're in the 2%.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Damn, the worst of it is PS3s have a 98% effective rate, which means you're in the 2%.
30t6p3b.gif
Guess I'm part of that 2%.
frown.gif
*looks over to the dead PS3*

Thanks. I'm a try some of those, but i've had it for 5 years so it might just be its time

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

Thanks. I'm a try some of those, but i've had it for 5 years so it might just be its time

5 years? i wouldn't even be mad if my ps3 broke, i'd be like you were a soldier
frown.gif
rip though.

I have also had mins for 5 years, I was one of the early guys with one. If or when she dies I will bury her like fam

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

I have also had mins for 5 years, I was one of the early guys with one. If or when she dies I will bury her like fam

True speak, we had a good run. I got a friend who said he sent his into sony with 150 for a repair and they sent him back a brand new ps3 slim, so i might be doing that. I just want to make sure I'm able to retrieve the games I've bought from the psn

Originally Posted by 365k

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

30t6p3b.gif
Guess I'm part of that 2%.
frown.gif
*looks over to the dead PS3*
This.
30t6p3b.gif

tired.gif
Mine lasted only 2 years (the fat one). Tried to have it fixed, but to no avail. RIP.

Got a new slim one soon after. No problems since.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

To the guys who had it for 5 years, you guys are lucky.

Yeah Slims are a lot more reliable. I used to fix em in high school for pocket change. Just watch that youtube tutorial if you wanna DIY fix it. Would give you another chance to back up your drive at the very least

had mind for 5 yrs too, thd blowdryer trick worked for a year

it stopped working last month, bought a slim

Back
Top Bottom