Public Speech Topic, HELP!

I have to give either an informative or persuasive 2-3 minute speech a on a current hot topic and I need some advice.  All suggestions are welcomed...please and thank you.

Universal Health Care
Arizona Immigration
Legalize MJ
Scrapping Death Row
Animal Rights

Theres a lot dude, just think of something

smh.gif

Since you only have three minutes, you are probably best off just explaining the BP oil leak.

3 mins will go reaaaaaaaaaal quick,
i took speech alst semester n that was our first assignment, i would say practice at home, so you have ur timing right

you can always talk about how to effectively make a public speech...which is something that might engage your audience

Its between Arizona Immigration Law and the black farmer's situation.

Persuasive against Arizona Immigration Law
-Immigrants offer cheap labor
-Waste of resources through the detainment process
-What are the actual negative effects of immigration? As non residences they have no claims to public services and have no effects on the unemployment rate

If I do the Black Farmer's Situation I would probably just do an informative because I have mixed feelings about the whole issue  (FYI I'm African-American).  The whole settlement issue is too close the whole reparations argument for me to deal with.  If the farmers are entitled to a settlement, you can also argue that African-American business owners are also entitled to a settlement for the period of time when they were denied small business loans due to "bogus" requirements.  Its a slippery slope and I honestly think they should offer them some type of subsidy rather than a settlement.

2-3mins what the....

In my comm class we had to give a 7minute informative and a 8 minute persuasive
smh.gif

Negatives for immigrants would be they don't have health care so when they get sick they check in to the ER and than tax payers pay the bill

you can also make the argument that they supply labor for jobs Americans don't want to do so without them we may have higher prices for some commodities

Back
Top Bottom