Pulpit Pimps---I've Been Saying This All Along!!!

Originally Posted by CJ863

this sickens me... this is one question that was always on my mind when I was a faithful church goer...
how can a pastor be living large off a congregations money when some of the congregation barely has
enough to survive off of... this very situation happened to my girl, when she was younger her family suffered
very hard times... even to the point that they were homeless... they asked for some assistance from their church
and received NOTHING... meanwhile their pastor drives a Bentley Arnage... this is absolutely disgusting and one
of the reasons why I probably NEVER will join another church again in my life...
smh.gif

because of one incident that didn't even happen to you? there are other churches out there and not every one fits everybody...like i said...if peoplereally wanted to be in church they would be...what they did to your girls fam was wrong but thats not all churches...

People will understand that.
I don't think its that simple when it comes to going to church. People want the resources but don't want to put in. Thats like yourfriend coming to drink every weekend but he's never wants to put up for a few bottles. It may be cool at first but it can become draining when itsconstant.

FTR I don't tithe regularly or go to church every Sunday (my mom would cringe reading this) but thats b/c of me and has nothing to do with "thechurch".

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

Originally Posted by webnerd06

T.D. Jakes has big money outside of just preaching on Sundays...he has books, movies, seminars, confrences etc. Plus alot of the member that attend these mega-churches had big money so if they are giving 10% they might be puttin in a G or more every sunday...not makin excuses but these ministers don't just preach every Sunday and go buy Phantoms and Benzs...

I'm currently located at school (UMES) and while a friend and I were riding the local bus we overheard a older persons conversation about how they were trying to get T.D. Jakes at their church, but they couldn't because he was charging over 10 thousand dollars just to preach. I thought that was appalling and a serious rip off. Mind you this is a small town (semi poor town who makes all their money while college students are in school) with an average size church and because of this, my opinon is validified about seriously doubting that the money donated through collection plates aren't actually being used for their intended purpose.

You see how big those churches are? They have to pay the mortgage, utilies, different oganizations get money out of tithes and offerings. Scholorships etc. I know this will sound bad but I doubt he has time to be coming to a place like Eastern Shore. He can probably get a decent amount of people into some theaters/arenas. I don't think he should be chargin 10gs to preach but I'm sure he has a reason.

cuz smaller churches be hatin' on the big churches...they still preach the "you ain't tithein' " sermon they just can't convince 10 people to write a thousand dollar check....

^ same thing i said up there...my church had a $1-A Day thing goin right around the time i graduated. They were able to pay off the mortgage we had and expand the church. We now have new classrooms and a larger/better nursery. My church gives all the kids graduating a scholorship every year. ALL OF THEM. I got 500 in '05 my brother got a G in '07. It goes up every year.We were fed after bible study and choir rehersal every wednesay. Most trips we took we didn't have to come out of pocket except for Family Day and Kings Dominion. If another choir/preacher comes they are fed. Churches can only do stuff like that with tithes and offerings. If they didn't push it down peoples throats most wouldn't do it but they would still come fly in their Benz, Mercedes, hell even their Camrys and Jettas. My church isn't even near being a mega-church. My pastor pushes an Escalade SUV. He used to have another job but quit after the Antrax stuff after 9/11.

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with mega churches but most of the people that are regular members have big money. You can always give the story about the leff fortunate that attend the church but thats not most of the members. You ever been to a let out in Atlanta? Police direct traffic to get out of some of those places. Hell even here in Richmond. I don't like them because they aren't ver personable. I want to be able to call my pastor directly without puttin in a notice or goin through his secretary.
I understand what your saying, but is it really necessary to charge people large sums of money just to preach/listen to the word?

CJ863 wrote:

this sickens me... this is one question that was always on my mind when I was a faithful church goer...
how can a pastor be living large off a congregations money when some of the congregation barely has
enough to survive off of... this very situation happened to my girl, when she was younger her family suffered
very hard times... even to the point that they were homeless... they asked for some assistance from their church
and received NOTHING... meanwhile their pastor drives a Bentley Arnage... this is absolutely disgusting and one
of the reasons why I probably NEVER will join another church again in my life...
smh.gif

because of one incident that didn't even happen to you? there are other churches out there and not every one fits everybody...like i said...if people really wanted to be in church they would be...what they did to your girls fam was wrong but thats not all churches...

I don't think its that simple when it comes to going to church. People want the resources but don't want to put in. Thats like your friend coming to drink every weekend but he's never wants to put up for a few bottles. It may be cool at first but it can become draining when its constant.

FTR I don't tithe regularly or go to church every Sunday (my mom would cringe reading this) but thats b/c of me and has nothing to do with "the church".

so are you saying its ok for the church to propagate and perpetuate lies?
I don't want to make it seem like im attacking you btw. I'm sincerely interested in debate and this topic. I've always felt that tithing was wrong(at least how it's packaged up). I would just like to hear the other side of the picture.

If he can get is somewhere else I don't think its wrong. He's in high demand. If it was just preaching/listening to the word they would get someoneelse.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

akuratl02 wrote:
This being one reason why I dont attend any church. I can thank GOD from my bedroom , don't need some money hungry pastor selling me a prayer.

Amen!

Preach!

If thats the only thing stopping you from going to church then why not go to a smaller one? People use stuff like this as an excuse. If you don't want to go don't, but I hate when people are quick to come in a post or even a convo saying stuff like this is the reason they don't go. Just say you don't want to go to church.
Its not the ONLY thing, it just happens to be one of the few things. I just need GOD in my life period!

I am not trying to spend 20 years looking for the perfect church .... I thank GOD through the good and bad times, and for everyday I wake up alive. Church isnot the serious, but it is big business ...

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

CJ863 wrote:

smh.gif

because of one incident that didn't even happen to you? there are other churches out there and not every one fits everybody...like i said...if people really wanted to be in church they would be...what they did to your girls fam was wrong but thats not all churches...

I don't think its that simple when it comes to going to church. People want the resources but don't want to put in. Thats like your friend coming to drink every weekend but he's never wants to put up for a few bottles. It may be cool at first but it can become draining when its constant.

FTR I don't tithe regularly or go to church every Sunday (my mom would cringe reading this) but thats b/c of me and has nothing to do with "the church".

so are you saying its ok for the church to propagate and perpetuate lies?
I don't want to make it seem like im attacking you btw. I'm sincerely interested in debate and this topic. I've always felt that tithing was wrong (at least how it's packaged up). I would just like to hear the other side of the picture.

What lie?

And will still continue to attend church. There will never be a perfect church because the church is made up of imperfect people...sinners just like you andme no matter how nicely they are dressed. It's each member's job to study their Bibles and to make sure that what's coming out of the pulpit istruth. If lies are being preached, then members need to leave and find a church that's feeding truth. The Bible warns about false teachers, this isnothing new.

Originally Posted by CJ863

smh.gif

No not because of one incident that did not happen to me... and Im pretty sure there are other churches out there and that not all churches
do this,but to be honest I really have lost faith in the "church" itself... the church that I grew up in is now completely lost... ive seen so manyunjust things happen in my former church that it made me not ever want to be a member of a church again... why should a pastor be put on pedestal? My formerpastor makes more at his church than he does at his full time job. Why is this occuring when there are members that are suffering and struggling to paybills??? The church is sooooooo far gone in my eyes...

T.D. Jakes has big money outside of just preaching on Sundays...he has books, movies, seminars, confrences etc. Plus alot of the member that attend these mega-churches had big money so if they are giving 10% they might be puttin in a G or more every sunday...not makin excuses but these ministers don't just preach every Sunday and go buy Phantoms and Benzs...

I'm currently located at school (UMES) and while a friend and I were riding the local bus we overheard a older persons conversation about how they were trying to get T.D. Jakes at their church, but they couldn't because he was charging over 10 thousand dollars just to preach. I thought that was appalling and a serious rip off. Mind you this is a small town (semi poor town who makes all their money while college students are in school) with an average size church and because of this, my opinon is validified about seriously doubting that the money donated through collection plates aren't actually being used for their intended purpose.

You see how big those churches are? They have to pay the mortgage, utilies, different oganizations get money out of tithes and offerings. Scholorships etc. I know this will sound bad but I doubt he has time to be coming to a place like Eastern Shore. He can probably get a decent amount of people into some theaters/arenas. I don't think he should be chargin 10gs to preach but I'm sure he has a reason.

cuz smaller churches be hatin' on the big churches...they still preach the "you ain't tithein' " sermon they just can't convince 10 people to write a thousand dollar check....

^ same thing i said up there...my church had a $1-A Day thing goin right around the time i graduated. They were able to pay off the mortgage we had and expand the church. We now have new classrooms and a larger/better nursery. My church gives all the kids graduating a scholorship every year. ALL OF THEM. I got 500 in '05 my brother got a G in '07. It goes up every year.We were fed after bible study and choir rehersal every wednesay. Most trips we took we didn't have to come out of pocket except for Family Day and Kings Dominion. If another choir/preacher comes they are fed. Churches can only do stuff like that with tithes and offerings. If they didn't push it down peoples throats most wouldn't do it but they would still come fly in their Benz, Mercedes, hell even their Camrys and Jettas. My church isn't even near being a mega-church. My pastor pushes an Escalade SUV. He used to have another job but quit after the Antrax stuff after 9/11.

I'm not saying everyone has to agree with mega churches but most of the people that are regular members have big money. You can always give the story about the leff fortunate that attend the church but thats not most of the members. You ever been to a let out in Atlanta? Police direct traffic to get out of some of those places. Hell even here in Richmond. I don't like them because they aren't ver personable. I want to be able to call my pastor directly without puttin in a notice or goin through his secretary.
I understand what your saying, but is it really necessary to charge people large sums of money just to preach/listen to the word?

you a man of God tho....I bet T.D would be quick to throw a verse at chu for not going to church/tithing, but if you threw that back at himhe'd be on some
eyes.gif
grin.gif

Jesus wasn't charging....and walked everywhere.

^
The Church is not a con, but there are con-men that hide their self indulging corporations under the name of churches.

The Church was established by Christ himself. In the early church, each member sold what they had and split it among all of the members, so that no one wouldbe in need. The Bible clearly lays out how Christ is the head of the Church, and how things should be carried out.

What you have now are people that take scriptures out of context, and link the "promise" of financial prosperity with what you put in that solidsilver collection bucket. You have families that are on the brink of homelessness when their pastor is eating 4 course meals in a mansion. This is a blatantdisobedience to what Christ established and is wrong on so many levels.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]It's pathetic that people in their own Parrish are suffereing too...i dont feel bad for peoplewho consistently fall for this foolishness while they help dudes like crefflo live comfortably[/color]

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Whats worse is when congregation members justify their pastor's extravagant living. Disgusting.

+1

.....oh and Rev. X has got to be the funniest thing ive ever seen on the internet.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Whats worse is when congregation members justify their pastor's extravagant living. Disgusting.

+1

.....oh and Rev. X has got to be the funniest thing ive ever seen on the internet.
roll.gif

ESPN Outside the lines ran a story on Dollar, Joyce Meyers,TD Jakes, and their athletes who are big givers to there church. Dollar's biggest giver has beenEvander Holyfield who has given him 10% of his fight purses since the 90's. Kurt Warner gives money to Joyce Meyers, Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin give alot to TD Jakes church in Dallas. Churches have become a buisness more than anything. I live in VA Beach and at times I see more churches on the street than 7Eleven. I guess if people give it to them then why not spend it.

I can't stand the part of church when they start talking about tithing and passing around that damn collection plate but I feel bad if I don't putnothing in there. My girl and her mom stay writting checks to put in there so I fold a dollar up and put it in there. Pastors treat tithing like your playingpowerball or something like if I give them my money then out pops a blessing and I just don't believe it. There are tons of people in this country whodon't go to church who are very blessed and there are tons people who go constantly and aren't fortunate at all. There is no evidence that tithingactually works, I guess if you believe it enough then you can convince yourself it works.

Back
Top Bottom