Q = If i get a Sidekick 3 will it work in the Philippines?

I was just browsing through NBA.com and saw D-Wade's Sidekick ad and thought "kung nagpadala ako ng SideKick 3 dito gagana kaya?"

Any Help Niketalk?
JSG​
.:BG7 is the Truth:.​

^I know someone who had shipped a Sidekick 2 here and it didn't work.
The worst disability, is the disability to understand.

dont thnk so.. last time i went home i had no service @ all with my sk2
Unkle Dunk Hi SB, sz 9 .. DMP VI, sz 9.5 .. Wht/Red XIV, sz 9.5 .. Blk/Red XIV, sz 9.5 .. Quickstrike XX, sz 10 .. Blk/Gold dub-zero, sz 9.5 .. White/Red-Blk XX1, sz 9 .. "Family" Team Edition SB, sz 9.5 .. Blk/Baroque-Brown Blazer SB, sz 9.5 (All Shoes completely DEADSTOCK) .. NO Paypal, Money Orders ONLY

Located @ Exit 10 on the NJ Turnpike // GerardoLiwag@tmail.com // AnabolicGardo (AIM)

Make sure it's unlocked and it should work. I had mine and it worked OK. Had a little bit of trouble obtaining signal in some parts of Manila but worked perfectly fine when I was in Baguio and Boracay.

Just an fyi... just about all the phones here now that carry a sim card will work in PI. All you have to do is get it unlocked and you should be good to go.

Good Lookin' out NDZTRUCKT just what i was thinkin' hehehe, cool i just gotta get it to my local phone fixer in the mall right?
and he should know what to do?

I really like the Sidekick cause it's got what most of the phone here in the RP have : camera, mp3 player, gps and internet services and what not, BTW would these services still work if i had it unlocked? I mean texting would be ok but if i subscribe to a service by my provider will it work on my SK?

Thanks everyone!
JSG​
.:BG7 is the Truth:.​

Let me clarify. The purpose of having the phone unlocked is so that you are able to utilize any of the carrier's SIM card in PI. Like me, for instance, where I used a Globe SIM on my SK3 when I was there. Your current service and or coverage with T-Mobile will not work when you get there, for obvious reasons. Thus, you will have to go with one of PI's cell phone carrier's SIM card during your stay there. Smart and Globe are the main ones I believe. Again, make sure that your cell is unlocked in order for you to do this.

Just purchase a SIM when you get there and load it up and you should be good to go.

^thanks for sheding some light on this bro,i was just about to bring a SK3 home with me.although i believe even if the phone is T-mobile locked you can get it unlocked and use it in the Phills.i distinctly remember going to ghills about 7 months ago and getting a bunch of my moms old t-mobile locked nokia&samsung phones unlocked there.and while i was getting this done,a black fella picked up his sidekick 2 that he apparently got unlocked aswell in the same shop.i hope the SK3 wont have any problems getting "fixed".
"Hope floats so let it rise"-Rev.Run

^^ Actually, you're right. There are countless of places that you can go to in PI who can unlock your phone. Some will even do it at no charge as long as you purchase goods from their store.

it is true that the phone needs a sim card so that you can use the unlocked phone with a smart, globe, etc sim card. but not all US phones with sim cards can be used in the Philippines (ex: sprint, verizon, cricket). Specifically, the phone has to use GSM frequencies. The main GSM carriers in the US are T-mobile and Cingular.

The sidekick 3 is a GSM tri-band phone and uses 850/1800/1900 frequencies. Globe and Smart both use the 900 and 1800 frequencies, one of which the sidekick doesn't have. SO, to make sure you get good service while in the philippines, try using Sun Cellular, which only uses the 1800mHz frequency.

sorry to get all nerded out.

Good info guys. Hmmmm well I wouldn't suggest using Sun cellular. Majority of mobile phone users here are with Globe and Smart and its very hard to contact Sun people with them. Sometimes the message doesn't get to them or takes a hell of a long time and most of the time you can't call them.
The worst disability, is the disability to understand.

NDZTRUCKT said everything there is to say. :smile:
smile.gif

As long as its a GSM phone and if you can get it unlocked I'm sure it'll work. I brought my Cingular phone(SE W810i) home and just had it unlocked in some stall in Greenhills and it works fine. :smile:
smile.gif
i've tried almost all service providers on it and it works fine. No problem with signal strength etc. You'll just have to have the right settings for it like SMS center numbers etc. Usually the service providers give you the SMS center numbers automatically but those work on mainstream phones (Nokia, SE etc.) Im not sure about the sidekick though

i brought my nokia 7610 to the philippines in 2005.. may binili akong sim card na globe, tapos i put the card in the phone &loaded it. gumana naman :smokin
smokin.gif
TEAM BIOLOGY
At ngayong wala kana

Hindi alam kung saan magsisimula

aw mann ... going to the PI this summer and my sk will be useless for a month and a half :\
ohwell.gif
temporary insanity​

^thas how i felt.. everytime i turned my sk on, all i got was the 'searching for signal' icon .. instead i got some old skool nokia and loaded it, but jst wasnt the same =(
Unkle Dunk Hi SB, sz 9 .. DMP VI, sz 9.5 .. Wht/Red XIV, sz 9.5 .. Blk/Red XIV, sz 9.5 .. Quickstrike XX, sz 10 .. Blk/Gold dub-zero, sz 9.5 .. White/Red-Blk XX1, sz 9 .. "Family" Team Edition SB, sz 9.5 .. Blk/Baroque-Brown Blazer SB, sz 9.5 (All Shoes completely DEADSTOCK) .. NO Paypal, Money Orders ONLY

Located @ Exit 10 on the NJ Turnpike // GerardoLiwag@tmail.com // AnabolicGardo (AIM)

can i get a remote unlocking here in the US before i bring my SK3 to philippines? anyone know where i can get my SK3 unlock?(online)thanks
Team Pacific Northwest​

just got in yesterday,got my sidekick 3 unlocked and it works perfectly with my globe prepaid sim,signal strength is ok,there are some deadspots,inside the mall the signal is noticebly not as strong,otherwise the phone works fine.

at greenhills,the 2nd stall to the right from bridgeway.

does the internet work if u get it unlocked? or just calls/texts?

how much does it usually cost to get it unlocked? last summer when i went there i tried to get a samsung unlocked and they charged me like 2,000 pesos which my aunt said was BS and only did that cause i'm from the US
sarcasm is hard to tell online

hope you didnt pay 2g's to get your fone unlocked or you got got.i payed 800 to get it unlocked.ive tried to use the im&internet feature of the fone,no dice so far.

^^yeah I just passed on it, I knew I'd probably get treated like that most of the places we went to.

sucks for my sister too cause her phone got jacked, some dude bumped into her getting in the bus and got took.
sarcasm is hard to tell online

Back
Top Bottom