Q. Richardson rips Stephon Marbury (update pg 7: Steph responds to coach & teammates)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3730245http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3730245http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3730245http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3730245

Knicks forward Quentin Richardson made it clear afterward he's had enough of Marbury.

"He hasn't played with us all year," Richardson said. "Regardless of what you have going on with the organization or what you have going onwith your coach or whatever -- you're not going to allow your teammates to be left out there the way we were basically being left out there."

"This is directed at us regardless if you're trying to stick it to whoever you're trying to stick it to," Richardson said of Marbury'srefusal to play. "At the end of the day we're shorthanded, people are hurt.

"Once again, I don't pay attention to [Stephon] because I don't look at him as a teammate anyway."

Hes Right

Its amazing that Steph is still a cry baby that holds grudges after 13 years in the league. Dude hasnt grown up not 1 bit

pimp.gif
good stuff Q.

Yeah but if you were told that there were no plans for you in the future and were benched the first how many games now all of a sudden they need you id do thesame..

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

To be honest, I'm split when it comes to Marbury

For one thing, It's pretty bad when management tells you "go work out and train hard" this summer; only to put you in the inactive list at the beginning for no reason whatsover. He did what he was told and you don't play him because of issues you had with him in phoenix 4 years ago?
grin.gif

However, Marbury should at least suck it up and play. Prove everyone that he still has game in him. But the way he's going about it, it just proves everyone's negative opinions about him. Its not a good look for marbury. He's a very proud person and I understand why he would do that. But i'm pretty sure this is not how he envisioned it coming back to NY.

Yeah but they asked to buy out his contract and he refused.... Dude is so spoiled that hes forgetting that ball is his JOB. No matter what you were toldearlier in the year,your supposed to follow rules and listen to your coach. Dudes is playin with 7-8 players and he still refusing to play. steph reminds me ofa spoiled kid for real

steph warming bench > q chucking bricks

and that is the damn truth. him, tim thomas, roberson, and the rest of the chuckers on this team can all go straight to hell. i care not what q has to say,because him chucking all night isn't very teamate worthy either. so they are both in the wrong.

if mike d wasn't acting like an idiot in the first place, steph not playing wouldn't be an issue, but q's chucking still would be. regardless, idon't know why anybody expects steph to come and bail out the knicks, i mean, would you?

people expect steph to be treted like booty, and then act like its all good. get real. that's not professionalism, that's being human.

Dude is getting paid a ridiculous amount to play basketball.... and he refuses to play? Pacman this bum outta the league already. I'm so sick of this guy.

Steph is takin the biggest L possible.

Regardless of what you think of D'Antoni, Steph is the one who loses.

It would be fitting for this dude to never step foot on an NBA court again, and I hope that's what happens and dude end's up playing in Lithuania orsome !@*%.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

Dude is getting paid a ridiculous amount to play basketball.... and he refuses to play? Pacman this bum outta the league already. I'm so sick of this guy.
Yea ok.
Yeah but they asked to buy out his contract and he refused.... Dude is so spoiled that hes forgetting that ball is his JOB. No matter what you were told earlier in the year,your supposed to follow rules and listen to your coach. Dudes is playin with 7-8 players and he still refusing to play. steph reminds me of a spoiled kid for real

See you got it wrong.
They were trying to give him less money, he wanted NO parts of that. And since they (including the owner) aren't fans of buy outs in the first place,nothing has materialized.

Follow the rules and listen to your coach? HE DID THAT, they shafted him. They said get in shape for the season, he did that. What happens next? Bench warmerstatus.

Dantoni's a stubborn female, he rather activated Jerome James while he's somewhere in FLORIDA than activate and play Marbury regardless.

They're all just waiting for Steph to explode so they can have a reason to out him.

Seriously though? Isn't that breach of contract? What the hell are they paying him for? How can knicks fans stand up for this guy at all?

I agree with True Blue...

While he might not be the most likable guy, from all reports it sounds like Stephon did exactly what management asked him to do this summer only to be jerkedwhen the season came around.

It's only now that they have no choice that they're asking him to play, guaranteeing starting positions for the entire season....that's weak.

Originally Posted by Guerrilla Warfare

Knicks just trade the man
smh.gif
.......................to the HEATS..
happy.gif
1. It's the HEAT, not the HEATS.

2. HELL no. Keep that cancer the hell away from my team.

Quentin Richardson is a bum and was highly overrated during that contract year. More rubbish that the Knicks have to deal with.

And another thing, Q is my dude but he hasn't been THAT dude since his days with the Clippers with D Miles. SO S T F U Q and do something with that sorryexcuse for a game.

stephon is a cancer, even if he got shafted, be a professional. you are getting paid to play basketball. you are getting paid to listen to the coach and helpthe team out when necessary. please throw out the superstar ego since you are not a superstar. you say you are from BK and New York this and that, how aboutshow it this season? He doesn't even communicate with the team. Q is right.

redeem yourself by playing, not bench warming. show teams you can play the game right. not be a crybaby that the team told you to get in shape and then notplaying you in the first 16 games. show you are worth your 20+ million.

also, if you want a buyout, take less. or else, stop complaining about the team not waiving you. and please hire an agent.......

Seriously though? Isn't that breach of contract? What the hell are they paying him for? How can knicks fans stand up for this guy at all?

it sickens me when i see fellow knick fans defend this dude. you dont like how mike d treated this guy? fine. but giving up on your teammates and yourfans? AND getting paid 20 mil? disgusting. Let him rot for the year and i hope he sucks next year

I don't blame Steph for doin' what he's doin'. Collect your checks, chill, and just be easy Steph. Look how the tables have turned
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Yeah but they asked to buy out his contract and he refused.... Dude is so spoiled that hes forgetting that ball is his JOB. No matter what you were told earlier in the year,your supposed to follow rules and listen to your coach. Dudes is playin with 7-8 players and he still refusing to play. steph reminds me of a spoiled kid for real

See you got it wrong.
They were trying to give him less money, he wanted NO parts of that. And since they (including the owner) aren't fans of buy outs in the first place, nothing has materialized.

Follow the rules and listen to your coach? HE DID THAT, they shafted him. They said get in shape for the season, he did that. What happens next? Bench warmer status.

Dantoni's a stubborn female, he rather activated Jerome James while he's somewhere in FLORIDA than activate and play Marbury regardless.

They're all just waiting for Steph to explode so they can have a reason to out him.

How do I have it wrong?

Yeah they wanted to give him less money and he went public and said they are gonna pay him every penny....But For the last few weeks hes been in negotiationsto take less money for the buyout... Steph is a girl,thats what girls do... They say one thing in public that they dont mean just to be a !%%%+.

They told him that he wasnt in the future plans and that he wasnt gonna play.... He didnt get "shafted"... Its his JOB to be in top shape regardlessof if he playing or not... Regardless of any problems he got with the coach, He gets millions TO PLAY BALL or be in shape TO PLAY BALL. He dont have a 9-5 andball is his side gig
laugh.gif

The trade went down and they had 8 guys... DT said theres 35 mins if you want them and he said no... Then he goes on TV talkin about they said hes not in thefuture plans so hes not playing...What kind of female @!++ is that?

Back
Top Bottom