Quai 54 Family & Friends legit check

Down from $1,500 to $1,000...I know it sounds cheap but no one would buy for $5,000.

The ones on Ebay all look the same as mine. It was a meet up and I can track down the guy if needed. Swore they were given to him by a Nike designer who happens to be family of his.

The pics you posted look identical to mine.

All the pics of Quais I have seen look as good as mine...
IMO they are replicas man.. You can score what they call AAA replicas of this shoe for around 100$ and they look really close like your pair pictured.

My issues.. 

1st and for most THE PRICE... There is ONLY 25 or so pairs of authentic black Quais in existence(on the whole planet).. NO one who had legit ones would have any trouble selling them for WAY WAY more than a stack bro.. I mean at $1000 bucks you are just simply giving them away..I mean its a recession out here who is just gonna knock $4000 off an asking price to some one they dont even know.. This is hands down one of the rarest AJs out there man... You CANT score a $5000+ dollar shoe for $1000 bro.. Its just Too Good To Be True.. Just like I cant buy a Lambo for 10K.. feel me.

2- colors are off.. the green on the soles IMO should be much darker.. Yours looks very yellow greenish to me.. Like most of the knockoffs out there. The Legits are a nice bright green.

3- Air bubbles IMO should be much more green and very noticeable in the pics.

4- Wrong materials and construction..- Notice the collars where your foot goes in.. The inner material and back of tongue material is wrong, also the way its sewn to the top is wrong.. It should fit nice and tight to the shoe, not be puffed out and over a bit like yours.. 

These are 100% authentic. Notice the texture difference from your pair

Also If you look at your pix close you will notice that the cuts of the toe caps are different and the toe of your R shoe has shotty construction..Your L shoe looks fine but that R toe area is butched.. We all know about JBs QC these days but this is not a GR.. Its for a special occasion and should not have this major of a QC issue.. IMO these should have no QC issues, there were only 25 or so pair made, and they were made for special people so IMO they should be on point.. ** I have only seen 1 legit pair so i cant say this with 100% certainty.

5. - You seem to have the "fat" jumpman logo on the heels.. Notice how your Logo seems to have gained a few lbs. This also makes a weird looking notch in his L leg. Compare to the logo above on the Legit pair i posted.

6. - The tongues.. IMO the "wings" on the side look rounded off kinda like the fake 5 tongues.. The ridges from your pix look not as pronounced and deep as the legit 5 tongues IMO Also your tongues look like they could be a little short from your shots... I could be wrong its hard to tell from your pix.

7. - lace lock.. Your lace locks are either the wrong shade of green or the clear thing it goes in is too milky.. It should be ice clear and you should be able to see the bright green lace lock behind it very easily...(like in the pic Trapper posted above)

Also notice on this pic.. The collar padding is nice and tight to the shoe outter, "wings" on tongues is prominent, the green POP in air bubbles as well as brightness of green lace lock.

8. - Quai Logo.. Notice on this pic of the legit logo the stitching is cleaner and more precise. As well as the small details like the lines inside the ball. On the Legit logo the lines are rounded like a real BBall.. where as yours its just a straight line there, and yours has stray stitches here and there. Also notice the bright green air columns.

Keep in mind most of us here have never had the privilege of seeing a true pair of these so its VERY hard to tell the difference from first glance or even find info on legit vs fake.. This is just my opinion but i think you should be making a call to this guy.. I think he laughed all the way to the bank here. 

As stated before there are only roughly 25 pair of authentic Black Quai 54s on the planet. This means you have a 1/100,000,000,000 chance of getting a legit pair. Using this same logic you have a 1/100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 chance of getting that legit pair for a mere $1000 dollars IMO. Something this rare to true collectors; you could pretty much name your price within reason and there would still be a line around the building. I personally dont think the seller would have any issue moving them to true collectors in this market..except if they were fugazi.

Hope this helped and good luck.

Last edited:
Those are probably GM/early release but they still go for around a $1000-$1500 cause their not a lot of them out there. I wouldn't say these are replicas since they aren't mass produced like db4s,ray allen 13,royal  1 etc. aaa replica look like these 

so they are no where near close 

But yeah you can't find a authorized pair for under $4000.

Those picture of the authentic have high quality pics so of course it going to look difference when in reality their only a few flaws

Last edited:

Those are probably GM/early release but they still go for around a $1000-$1500 cause their not a lot of them out there. I wouldn't say these are replicas since they aren't mass produced like db4s,ray allen 13,royal  1 etc. aaa replica look like these 

so they are no where near close 

But yeah you can't find a authorized pair for under $4000.

Those picture of the authentic have high quality pics so of course it going to look difference when in reality their only a few flaws
NO WAY... whos gonna pay 4 figures for replicas man... SMDH I could fined these reps for under 2 bills probably. Only a few flaws? LOL did you not see the paragraph of sh*t I pointed out wrong with them..

NO WAY... whos gonna pay 4 figures for replicas man... SMDH I could fined these reps for under 2 bills probably. Only a few flaws? LOL did you not see the paragraph of sh*t I pointed out wrong with them..
are you so delusional that GM are fake shoes when they are made with practically same materials just not authorized by nike? find me a pair for 2 bills? here one on ebay that sold for $1650

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...x%2FY9yAFFnv4bUAY%2BM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

go find these on taobao they're $1400

I just sold my pair recently for 9 bills.

You're so good at pointing out GM pair but you can't tell the difference from a GM and a completely fake shoe.

Last edited:

are you so delusional that GM are fake shoes when they are made with practically same materials just not authorized by nike? find me a pair for 2 bills? here one on ebay that sold for $1650

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Air-Jo...x%2FY9yAFFnv4bUAY%2BM%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

go find these on taobao they're $1400

I just sold my pair recently for 9 bills.

You're so good at pointing out GM pair but you can't tell the difference from a GM and a completely fake shoe.
bro so you think someone who knew WTF they were doing bought them for $1650?. Just another fool who got got.Theres a sucker born every minute.. I know they make terrible fakes of these too.. I know they charge WAY inflated prices on taobao and ebay bc they are trying to pass them as legit ones..just like the ebay seller in your link... 

You can get these MUCH cheaper if you know what your doing and cut out the middle men..

bro so you think someone who knew WTF they were doing bought them for $1650?. Just another fool who got got.Theres a sucker born every minute.. I know they make terrible fakes of these too.. I know they charge WAY inflated prices on taobao and ebay bc they are trying to pass them as legit ones..just like the ebay seller in your link... 

You can get these MUCH cheaper if you know what your doing and cut out the middle men..
find me one for $200 just one website who sell them for $200

even the threadstarter paid 1 stack for his

Last edited:

find me one for $200 just one website who sell them for $200

even the threadstarter paid 1 stack for his
bc you are buying them through a website that is trying to pass them as legit and at a affordable price the buyer cant refuse(bc he thinks hes getting a GREAT deal).... Look man Im not gonna go into detail for you how to get cheap knockoffs bc I hate them honestly.. but If you deal with a rep from the fako factory - not a reseller site... you can find these much cheaper than a stack.. Them sites are paying roughly 2 bills and flipping them for a stack to you guys for a quick $800 profit..These reps are not made of gold bro, In terms of construction this shoe is just another 5 homie..They dont cost anymore to make than a fire red or a grape. The reason they can charge a grand is bc people want to believe they are legit and there are only 54 of them out there... Footlocker pays only $95 from the factory or so for a pair of Jays they sell to us for $160, then the resellers add another $100 or more to make theirs.. Its the same principal..

"Swore they were given to him by a Nike designer who happens to be family of his."---------This is why OP paid a stack, bc he thought they were legit and RARE..

Last edited:

bc you are buying them through a website that is trying to pass them as legit and at a affordable price the buyer cant refuse(bc he thinks hes getting a GREAT deal).... Look man Im not gonna go into detail for you how to get cheap knockoffs bc I hate them honestly.. but If you deal with a rep from the fako factory - not a reseller site... you can find these much cheaper than a stack.. Them sites are paying roughly 2 bills and flipping them for a stack to you guys for a quick $800 profit..These reps are not made of gold bro, In terms of construction this shoe is just another 5 homie..They dont cost anymore to make than a fire red or a grape. The reason they can charge a grand is bc people want to believe they are legit and there are only 54 of them out there... Footlocker pays only $95 from the factory or so for a pair of Jays they sell to us for $160, then the resellers add another $100 or more to make theirs.. Its the same principal..

"Swore they were given to him by a Nike designer who happens to be family of his."---------This is why OP paid a stack, bc he thought they were legit and RARE..
they don't even make black quai 54's anymore, check any early release website or rep and of course they're really $200 shoes. They on hold value cause there what like 200-250 of these early release so they are technically still rare but still a GM and i'm sure half people who buy these know what they are cause there a reason why it $6,000 at flightclub and they're only paying 1k-2k. I mean think about it, if someone pay like $150 for a iphone 5 you're going suspect it has problems or it was stolen no matter what excuse they give you like "I work a apple and I need money fast". Some people honestly don't care if they're early release/GM or not as long as they are getting a better price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom