Quality Pick-Up Basketball Appreciation Thread

There's no better way to start a game than catching the ball on the elbow, measuring up in the triple-threat, and stroking a jumper over your defender.

The next time you have the ball? Doing the same damn thing.

The next time? A simple pump fake (now he respects that jump shot
laugh.gif
), allowing you to drive and dish to an open man for a "two."
pimp.gif

I've had absolutely nothing else to do this break other than eat, sleep, lift, and hoop. I was only able to play sparingly this past semester, so it'sbeen a welcome relief to spend three+ hours in the gym almost every day this week, playing competitive basketball until my legs feel like rubber.

The gym has been closed for the past two days, but I'll most definitely be in there tomorrow afternoon, aspiring to be the hardwood'sjack-of-all-trades.

I love basketball.

Being a streaky lefty FTW/FTL I aint ball in ages tho..... Stat Ones/Black-Grey Foam pros to ball in FTW

I personally enjoyed playing Highschool ball....I love performing infront of a crowd..
pimp.gif

Pick-up games are fun too...until someone disagrees on a call ...lol "Do or die on you!....From that crack on the ground over there!"

My little brothers in 8th grade so I been taking him up there everyday this break. Teaching him to use his left had, actually has a decent mid range J withit(like 1/7, great for a right handed kid).
As for me I love the game, like the op havent been able to play recently but thats gotta change, being able to make left handed lay-ups $#+%#!

for me personally, i like playing organized basketball rather than pick-up games.
just for the simple fact in pick-up games there could be a break for about 20 minutes with guys arguing the call
its more of a soap opera than a game.

there's always one dude who tries to emulate a 2k type game by calling for all sorts of fouls and waving his hands in the air like he's calling forplays
grin.gif

quality pickup appreciation

not those pickup games where nobody passes or plays defense, everyone thinks they're Jordan or something. and nobody knows each other so nobody backs downwhen there's an argument and you end up arguing for more time than you actually play.

Its funny because You can always point out the bums because they have on the Matching "Nike basketball" outfit, shooting sleeve, head-band, anklebraces, 4 wrist-bands, NBA socks and they bring a Brand new basketball....
laugh.gif

All the real hoopers wear an old Basketball camp Tee with the sleeves cut off
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by krnxdanie1

Originally Posted by Chrispcb15

Damn kid, I feel you on that one....Pick up games are DF appreciated
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Whats "DF" mean? I've always wanted to know. late pass haha

Buddy used it as an abreviation....I thought it meant Dungeon Family

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I personally enjoyed playing Highschool ball....I love performing infront of a crowd..
pimp.gif

Pick-up games are fun too...until someone disagrees on a call ...lol "Do or die on you!....From that crack on the ground over there!"
High school basketball was definitely fun... I do miss the collective content after a hard-fought road win, and the overall camaraderie my varsityteams had junior and senior year.

But that's gone for me. Intramurals are nice (my team won our league's championship last year, and is looking to repeat this year
pimp.gif
), but they willnever replicate the feeling of high school basketball. Right now, pick-up ball is the only context that can slake my sheer desire to play.

That, and I don't want to pay $150 this summer to play in Cleveland State's rec league.
laugh.gif

I been hooping non-stop at my local gym.. mostly against younger kids who have no clue how to actually play the game. I can post on em and just pick aparttheir defense fairly easy. Poor competition FTL
tired.gif

But on the other hand, there is nothing like going to a court with 4 of your boys which you have played with for years and calling next and owning the courtfor the next 5 games. Watching fresh legs come in each game and getting out-hustled and out-played.
happy.gif

Basketball Is Def My Love. There aint nothing like hitting up a new spot with 4 of your boys and you call next. everyone like who the *&*(&@ isthat. Then you proceed to stay on the court for another 5 games. And the only reason you lose is cause you just played 5 back to back games to21.Basketball
pimp.gif
. Aint another sport like it

Yo, I realy want to get this off my chest. There are some good places to play around my way in the summer. Some decent outside courts and what not. But comewinter time, you have to spend about $50 a month on a gym membership. We tried to get back into my old high school but they called the cops on us
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
. Anyone else have trouble finding a good court to play at? I'm tempted to sneak into some local colleges around here and just act like a student. Hopefully I don't need a pass though.

Awwl man i aint played bball since high school, those were the days
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Definitely appreciated but i was horrible on offense. Anytime a game started i made sure i told my team to never pass me the ball
laugh.gif

But i was a beast on defense. Aint nothing like patting a ball and hearing the crown go OOOOOHHHH!!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom