Quantum Levitation. Mind Blown.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

Originally Posted by GottaBeEm21

I think that this type of technology will be used in mass transit one day.  It seems unreasonable now but flying in an airplane was the same type of idea in the 1800's

first thing that came to mind.
good stuff.
isnt it already? maglev train?
That's right. The problem that is encountered at this time is manufacturing as well as practicability. The concept of superconductivity lies within the fact that electricity passes through conducting matter with little resistance as possible. That means the atoms are moving as slow as possible. The only physical way to achieve that is to bring down the temperature of the matter to as close as absolute zero. High temperature superconductors now exist which fixes this problem somewhat, but still expensive. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

In the case of OP's videos, I know nothing about quantum mechanics, even more so flabbergasted by the "locking" of the disk's orientation. Very cool and inspirational.

Originally Posted by Credo

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

I have to say, this was a very cool experiment in Physics class. Seeing it again after all these years, it's still 
eek.gif

word, it's still amazing but like everyone else I'm curious to see what its practical applications will be
There really isn't any.  You would have to keep dousing it in liquid nitrogen to keep it cold, and it's not a very strong force.  Cool, but not really useful for anything beyond entertainment.

Basically what is going on here is he has some compound that has been cooled, most likely in liquid nitrogen, and exposed to a magnetic field.  The cooling makes the electron movement inside of the compound less random, and allows the atoms in the compound to form magnetic dipoles.  It turns the compound into a magnet until it warms back up, and the electrons can once again move freely.

Couldn't there be some way to make something large enough that stays cold enough for a long enough time for it to be used practically? Wouldn't it only need sort of a cool off time or something? Like a charging battery, except with cooling off? 

Originally Posted by th3kid

Originally Posted by Credo

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

word, it's still amazing but like everyone else I'm curious to see what its practical applications will be
There really isn't any.  You would have to keep dousing it in liquid nitrogen to keep it cold, and it's not a very strong force.  Cool, but not really useful for anything beyond entertainment.

Basically what is going on here is he has some compound that has been cooled, most likely in liquid nitrogen, and exposed to a magnetic field.  The cooling makes the electron movement inside of the compound less random, and allows the atoms in the compound to form magnetic dipoles.  It turns the compound into a magnet until it warms back up, and the electrons can once again move freely.

Couldn't there be some way to make something large enough that stays cold enough for a long enough time for it to be used practically? Wouldn't it only need sort of a cool off time or something? Like a charging battery, except with cooling off? 
The problem we face is the power supply that would be needed to cool such a large device. We currently have nothing that is efficient enough for this to be practical. 

But, in the near future hopefully we will have "batteries" or power supplies and are not only strong enough, but also energy and cost efficient, clean, and compact. Then the sky is the limit with this technology.

Maybe UFO's have found a power source to cool of their ships and use the earths magnetic pole to fly their ships............. Mind Blown

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

This is childs play compared to the cutting edge of technology man is playing with in secret labs around the world. I have a friend who's uncle worked for JPL and he told us that back in the 80's they made a rat "teleport" 8 feet across a room. I swear on the soul of my ancestors I'm not making this up.

You might not be, but your friend def was.

Anyways, the point is yes there is new and amazing science being discovered everyday that the general public isn't aware of.
how yo gon follow that first sentence with that second one?�
�

3:30 - 4:18

dude was workin with Tesla, teleporting battleships over 60 years ago...we can do whatever we put our minds to.

chemtrails 
nerd.gif

Semi derailing my own thread
laugh.gif
I've seen a lot of videos about that whole molecular teleportation thing, how vast is that? Is that possible to do with people? I imagine teleportation being a lot like it was in the movie "One."

The first thing I thought of when I saw the video was hoverboard. 

I need to see one while I can still learn how to. 

So maybe before I'm 50?  Wishful thinking?

Lol.

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

This is childs play compared to the cutting edge of technology man is playing with in secret labs around the world. I have a friend who's uncle worked for JPL and he told us that back in the 80's they made a rat "teleport" 8 feet across a room. I swear on the soul of my ancestors I'm not making this up.

You might not be, but your friend def was.

Anyways, the point is yes there is new and amazing science being discovered everyday that the general public isn't aware of.
how yo gon follow that first sentence with that second one?�
�

3:30 - 4:18

dude was workin with Tesla, teleporting battleships over 60 years ago...we can do whatever we put our minds to.

chemtrails�
nerd.gif

Umm... because I understand the science behind what is being said (on a basic level) and know that it is impossible, but at the same time I have been to many science conferences where there are amazing discoveries being made and presented all the time such as the paper that was recently published in Nature about creating hESC from SCNT. Something the general public is not aware of....

And, LOL if you think that video is something real or of any worth. 
roll.gif
You guys and citing unaccredited youtube videos as a credible source.

Back
Top Bottom