Queen and Slim Thread (Starring Daniel Kaluuya) Out Now

i think a major part of the movie people are missing is the idea of perspectives & as humans we live within a world of duality, it's kind of when slim asked his family member's where babies come from. 3 cops... one bad cop, 2 good cops, 1 black, 1 white, if you wanna count the other black cop at the rally as "bad" then it's 4. you had a white family willing to help them, but a black guy who essentially sold them out (all skinfolk ain't ..... ) ... reminds me of when they were hitchhiking at the beginning of the movie & slim said he hope it was a black person & she said "that's not always a good thing." the cinematography & scenes were beautiful to me as well...

i went with my girl & we were in chicago on opening day & they gave us t-shirts, anyone else get one?

:rofl: @ yall. Got me laughing. I liked the movie.

I took all the dumb scenes in passing well; I took the gas station white boy just to be one of those crazy whiteboys. Ive seen it before so I got what Lena was going for, the kid who shot the black cop of all things was stupid. I'm assuming its cuz he said he didnt want to be forgotten and then he met real life on the run most wanted black icons who killed a cop. So instead of listening to what Slim said he just focused on what made them infamous and went out copied them.

Makes no sense why it was a black cop though.

I didn't get why they didn't just steal another car. They were given or stole every car and then all of a sudden this one breaks down so lets spend all their movie dux it

Here was my review after seeing it

Queen & Slim 7.3/8

Was looking forward to this and it definitely delivered. A crazy situation of a first time date leading to you being on the run for murder. Going from strangers to ride or die. The situations that lead to them surviving and getting further in their journey go from believable to fictional. Like all the ppl that helped them along the way or didn't say anything and snitches make sense but no serious manhunt by police or FBI once they cross several states to their destination was crazy

The main focus is on the characters, Kaluuya and Turner-Smith deliver. This is suppose to be Jodie Turner-Smith's breakout role and its no surprise given what I've seen from her in Jett. Kaluuya once again hold it down. You believe these are two young ppl in over their heads and you root for them. You learn about them in subtle ways to see why their opposites and at the same time have a lot in common. They also manage to grow as characters as their relationship develops. In that sense the mkvie is also a love story. That's why I was so disappointed in the ending but I guess it'd be too fake to end any other way.

The funniest part of the movie is the time spent with Bokeem Woodbine in Norelans with his stable of hos :lol:

This was another movie with an amazing soundtrack and score. Songs matched scenes down to the tee and was really covering the wide spectrum of blackness.

I had a heated lil debate w/ my shorty after the movie :lol: :smh:

I made a joke that if the main chick would have shut the **** up none of this would have happened...and shorty was livid. :lol: Went on a whole rampage about her being the reason why they "survived" (for 6 whole ****ing days go figure...:lol::smh:). I already peeped the propaganda in the trailer but I went in anyway. Dope cinematography...but I'm good on these type of movies man :smh:

I was gonna give my unfiltered thoughts on the film but I don't even wanna bother. I see how this movie can trigger several different classes of outraged citizens and I don't have the energy for it.

And the scene with the kid and the cop....bruh come on :lol:

Bra **** all the extra talking she was doing. ***** started the entire situation by not giving him back his phone :smh:

She wasn’t finna throw it back anyway (and according to her woulda dubbed him overall for a second date) so what was she looking for :lol:

It was a lot of **** she did that I had to remind myself “it’s just a movie dog”

But when she cut her hair dat tass got too crazy IDK why

Also, they likely woulda been good once it was revealed dude had a situation like this before and the dash cam showed he escalated it. And shorty was a lawyer who got his uncle off for a manslaughter charge where he kinda...was guilty? Lol

Like they gave so many other possible easy solutions to the plot holes in this smh.

It goes against the sad memorable ending but them going to trial woulda been a better ending. Would be a cool “alternate” type thing like they did with get Out

"See y'all not gonna like this, they pulled a Black Panther. Let the white man be the hero..... This white man hid these ****** in his floors like he Harriet Tubman.

Florida man strikes again. FLORIDA MAN STRIKES AGAIN!!
"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Summed it up perfectly. Only missed some commentary when they hit the father of the kid they got to buy them food.

I liked the movie, but if that lady kept her mouth shut then she probably wouldn’t have got shot, and homie wouldn’t have had to pop that dichead cop although he kinda deserved it. Either way I’m growing tired of the police brutality movies. They’re slowly, but surely replacing slave movies.

Also, that kid who pulled the ratty on that cop was straight bozo. I don’t understand the premise of that.

I liked the movie, but if that lady kept her mouth shut then she probably wouldn’t have got shot, and homie wouldn’t have had to pop that dichead cop although he kinda deserved it. Either way I’m growing tired of the police brutality movies. They’re slowly, but surely replacing slave movies.
Don't see that happening any time at all.

If anything more of yall should go see 21 Bridges so we get more black led action movies.

Don't see that happening any time at all.

If anything more of yall should go see 21 Bridges so we get more black led action movies.
I forgot all about that movie. Was 21 Bridges good? I trust your reviews on this site.

When she says..."if white people made this...if there wasn't a black filmmaker attached to this...****** would be upset" :lol: she's absolutely right

Was going to go to the movies to see this, but after seeing some reaction to it here and there, I'll wait to catch it some other way. Then I'll come back here with my opinion.

I forgot all about that movie. Was 21 Bridges good? I trust your reviews on this site.
It was really good but take in the format of it was predictable. It was exceptional in how the thieves that were in too deep were portrayed. Stephan James was real good casting. Boseman was more than solid.

This was a good movie. They ran out of script at some point with all of the stopping while being on the run. It got old once they got to the horse. The kid killing the cop made no sense and didn’t get the reaction they wanted out of me. Outside of that and just some other stupid character depictions, I enjoyed the movie

Back
Top Bottom