Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

Wow. :stoneface:

It's like that dude with the Obama statue holding a watermelon in front of his house, saying he didn't mean nothing bout it. :smh:

Last edited:
Wow.
indifferent.gif

It's like that dude with the Obama statue holding a watermelon in front of his house, saying he didn't mean nothing bout it.
mean.gif
racist-statue.jpg

Only on Niketalk can a director who has been regarded to be at the forefront of black cinema for the past few years/decades be considered a "hater" in the eyes of some.  For some of these dudes, it's not even about Spike Lee, it's about somebody black speaking out against somebody white that has these dudes heated.  Gotta protect the white man at all cost, they are no better than Stephen from Candieland regardless of their color.

I'm sorry but Spike's status in the black community doesn't exempt him from criticism. I know a hater when I see one. If it look like a duck, if it sound like a duck it's a damb duck. It's about Spike Lee's hate SPECIFICALLY, stop Jack Reachin' tryna extrapolate people's thoughts on the issue to the entire black community.

It's like when Ice-T was hatin' on soulja boy, I can't stand Soulja boy but I criticized him for being a damb hater and being jealous because he is irrelevant. Doesn't take away from the fact that Ice-T is a legend but he isn't immune to criticism.
Along with your statement of "If it look like a duck, if it sound like a duck it's a damb duck", I'll just say this much  If it looks like a Stephen form Django, sounds like a Stephen from Django, it's a damn Stephen from Django.  I'm calling out any and all Stephen's, be they on Niketalk on in the real world.  Spike Lee has no reason to "hate" on QT as you and others are suggesting.  You and others have to realize that just because you don't go along with what everyone is saying about something doesn't mean that you are "hating".  Your just giving your opinion as you see it.    
I'll just leave these, cuz this topic.
mean.gif
That's all well and good, but Spike Lee was asked a DIRECT question by a reporter.  Spike didn't just get up on Twitter or something and start blasting QT, he was asked a question and he gave his response, simple as that.  Also, which director between the two do you or anyone else think would have a vested interest in black people or in Spike's ancestors as he stated in his response??
"They're only toys"
Just in time for black history month as well, SMH.  Now I know a few dudes in here that are going to rush out to stores and purchase these dolls just to show even more support for QT and for the overall theme of white supremacy as we clearly see highlighted by the Django doll with the rope around his neck. 

Deuce there are two types of black people word to Chris Rock. I'll let y'all decide where you fit in.
We are not the same. :D

It is clear from this thread that some of you come from a long history pervasive slave mentality and learned helplessness. Some of us choose not to play the victim in every single situation involving race. I personally was empowered by this movie and I credit QT for making it. Spike is salty he didn't think of it first.

Last edited:
Deuce there are two types of black people word to Chris Rock. I'll let y'all decide where you fit in.
We are not the same. :D

It is clear from this thread that some of you come from a long history pervasive slave mentality and learned helplessness. Some of us choose not to play the victim in every single situation involving race. I personally was empowered by this movie and I credit QT for making it. Spike is salty he didn't think of it first.

:smh: this fool here really quoted that terrible two types of black people by Chris Rock even he admits it was a big mistake what he did.

It is clear from this thread that some of you come from a long history pervasive slave mentality and learned helplessness
Pot meet kettle.
I personally was empowered by this movie and I credit QT for making it.
Sadly enough this doesn't surprise me coming from you.  Congratulations to you brotha...........if I can call you that, brotha. 

:smh: this fool here really quoted that terrible two types of black people by Chris Rock even he admits it was a big mistake what he did.

Right so its ok for people like you to create a divide within the black community using words like "Sell-out", "Stephen" and "Cornballs". but when someone does it back dudes feelings get hurt. HYPOCRITES. :D :tongue:

Last edited:
Pot meet kettle.

Sadly enough this doesn't surprise me coming from you.  Congratulations to you brotha...........if I can call you that, brotha. 

Yea, a slave shooting up slave masters, what's not to like? I'm not surprised that sort of thing doesn't appeal to you, you would rather sit around and sulk about the conditions in your neighborhood BROTHA. Some of us are literally and figuratively in the trenches doing something about it, people like you are all barbershop talk. :D

You started out being the pot and just to prove a point I became the kettle. Doesn't feel good does it child. :D

Last edited:
Django didn't even kill any white men of powers dr Schultz did in what western does the main bad guy get killed by the sidekick mentor while the main character only mops up goons .

Django didn't even kill any white men of powers dr Schultz did in what western does the main bad guy get killed by the sidekick mentor while the main character only mops up goons .

After Schultz died he ODed. When he first met the first slaves he killed, he didn't wait for Schultz' blessing to kill them he just did it on impulse. Keep looking at this from the perspective of a victim. The movie is open to interpretation in so many ways, I choose to see it as empowering.

Django also killed Stephen, the most diabolical character in the movie and the damb slave master's wife. If it were up to people like you the movie would've just been Django doing slave work and his wife getting raped for 3hrs.

Last edited:
After Schultz died he ODed. When he first met the first slaves he killed, he didn't wait for Schultz' blessing to kill them he just did it on impulse. Keep looking at this from the perspective of a victim. The movie is open to interpretation in so many ways, I choose to see it as empowering.

Django also killed Stephen, the most diabolical character in the movie and the damb slave master's wife. If it were up to people like you the movie would've just been Django doing slave work and his wife getting raped for 3hrs.

It's like you can't read clearly I would have liked for Django to actual kill more than just cannon fodder .I find it sad you kept trying to label me as the victim because I wanted the black guy to be more than a damn sidekick.

It's like you can't read clearly I would have liked for Django to actual kill more than just cannon fodder .I find it sad you kept trying to label me as the victim because I wanted the black guy to be more than a damn sidekick.

Cannon fodder? Just because he wasn't the one to kill Leo's character. Dude killed many white people DIRECTLY involved in carrying out heinous acts against Black slaves and you diminish it because he didn't kill Candie? Yea, like I said you see what you wanna see. I'll interpret it without the victim mentality.

I didn't see him as the side kick as the movie progressed, he came into his own. Schultz' character dominated the first quarter of the movie, the rest of it Django held his own making witty, bold remarks against the slave guards and candy himself. He was more than just a sidekick. Again perspective, it's like the half empty half full debate. I suspect no matter how differently this movie is made people like you and Spike would complain because a black man didn't make it. It is more like an Obie Wan to Luke Skywalker, mentorship relationship than simply a sidekick, keep up your negative thinking you will get very far in life. :D

Last edited:
You just have to let em live and there's no sense in arguing with dude's,I equate it to arguing with a brick wall,you could use a sledge hammer to bust a hole in it,you could even use dynomite to have it all come tumbling down but after thinking about it, it's much easier to just walk around the wall and leave it standing right where it's at.

Once a cat start's to see themself's separate or divided from their own people based off of a comedian's routine,their already defeated.Thank god for history,we've been bless to have had some great men and women who have achieved and done great thing's for black's.But on the flip-side of that, the one's who chose to adopt such a divided mentality,usually ended crashing burning quickly or elderly with a much more broader state of thinking just without the age and ambition on their side,but by then it's to late,they've passed that nonsense along....

Ms.Ida b.Wells is a good example but she learned and turned it around before her voice became obsolete to the youth of that time.

Back to the movie Django....the doll's might just be too much,some might just be to happy to own a house ****** as a collectible item.
I could see it now,"I'm not racist,I'm around black people all the time....I-I-I even have a black doll collection" and there's Stephen and Django on the person's bookshelf,in poses of .servitude lol.(I'm joking...calm ya self)

You just have to let em live and there's no sense in arguing with dude's,I equate it to arguing with a brick wall,you could use a sledge hammer to bust a hole in it,you could even use dynomite to have it all come tumbling down but after thinking about it, it's much easier to just walk around the wall and leave it standing right where it's at.

Once a cat start's to see themself's separate or divided from their own people based off of a comedian's routine,their already defeated.Thank god for history,we've been bless to have had some great men and women who have achieved and done great thing's for black's.But on the flip-side of that, the one's who chose to adopt such a divided mentality,usually ended crashing burning quickly or elderly with a much more broader state of thinking just without the age and ambition on their side,but by then it's to late,they've passed that nonsense along....

Ms.Ida b.Wells is a good example but she learned and turned it around before her voice became obsolete to the youth of that time.

Back to the movie Django....the doll's might just be too much,some might just be to happy to own a house ****** as a collectible item.
I could see it now,"I'm not racist,I'm around black people all the time....I-I-I even have a black doll collection" and there's Stephen and Django on the person's bookshelf,in poses of .servitude lol.(I'm joking...calm ya self)

You're clearly not smart enough to see what I did there with that Chris Rock comment. I wasn't the first one who tried to separate and divide his "own people", that rebuttal was to bring attention to that fact and to show those hypocrites the errors of their ways. Dudes are quick to call black people who don't share their views sell-outs and Stephens, but the second I implied another division within the black community all hell broke loose. Figures. :D

I know that had to be a hard scene for you to witness for more than just 1 reason.

I would've beat but I applauded like everyone else.

A black man killing a white woman back then carries the harshest of penalties, dude didn't blink an eye and blew her out the frame. :smokin

Good try tho, child. :D If it were up to you Django would've given up on his journey because he didn't want to be mistaken as a sell-out. His foolish pride could've kept him in servitude and his wife in the arms of strange white men. Some people take comfort in chains. (MESSAGE!!!)

Last edited:
You're clearly not smart enough to see what I did there with that Chris Rock comment. I wasn't the first one who tried to separate and divide his "own people", that rebuttal was to bring attention to that fact and to show those hypocrites the errors of their ways. Dudes are quick to call black people who don't share their views sell-outs and Stephens, but the second I implied another division within the black community all hell broke loose. Figures. :D
No,try again,you just fed into the ********.If you were smart or for better word's,chose to exercise "common sense" you wouldn't have fed into it to began with.You've been in this thread jumping around more than a King in a game of checker's, arguing you'er point of view about Django,Spike Lee and now how hypocritical black people are,how and why?to have a "smart" rebuttal against someone else's point of view about Django,QT?.

The fact that you even went there in a thread about the movie Django(no you'er not the only one)....let it rest.
I'm done....

Monday is MLK day and my barbershop owner is playing Django on the flat-screen for all his customer's.......and I support that 1000%.

honestly, I don't see much of difference between django unchained & inglorious basterds...I believe spike is a lil salty that he hasn't been to make this type of movie for a mainstream audience (he has talked candidly on this in the past) meanwhile George Lucas, Tyler perry & qt are able to make movies that tell 'black' narratives

*edit*

those dolls are type crazy tho...

Last edited:
No,try again,you just fed into the ********.If you were smart or for better word's,chose to exercise "common sense" you wouldn't have fed into it to began with.You've been in this thread jumping around more than a King in a game of checker's, arguing you'er point of view about Django,Spike Lee and now how hypocritical black people are,how and why?to have a "smart" rebuttal against someone else's point of view about Django,QT?.

The fact that you even went there in a thread about the movie Django(no you'er not the only one)....let it rest.
I'm done....

Monday is MLK day and my barbershop owner is playing Django on the flat-screen for all his customer's.......and I support that 1000%.

Well sometimes that's the only way to teach people like that, I don't respect certain people enough to choose my words wisely. Shrugs. I have a zero tolerance policy for certain thought processes. SUE ME.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom