Quentin Tarantinos Movie Thread - “THE MOVIE CRITIC” no longer his final film

6/8

Pretty enjoyable overall with a good amount of laughs. Leo and Brad were great and I loved all the shots of them driving through LA.

Wasn’t a fan at all with the Bruce Lee stuff.

Last edited:
Just watched. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had wife and I researching the story behind it and like it even more now

Saw it last night

Imo in the film brad Pitt > Leo

Overall great film.

I wish Charles Manson was also part of the crew that brad Pitt and his dog demolished lmao

I consider myself a Tarantino fan but I have no idea what happened with this one. It just wandered aimlessly until the last 15 minutes. Felt incredibly bloated.

- Sharon Tate was pointless. That scene in the theater with the feet dragged on for waaaaay longer than it shouldve. Same thing with Bruce Derns role. Made no sense.
- I really like Leo's work but his storyline, if you can call it that, was boring.
- Best part about the movie was Pitt. When his scenes were on they flew by. Everything else was a drag.

The movie was beautifully shot though. All the hollywood imagery, the driving scenes, the different POV shots, all of it was fantastic. Wish it could've kept me engaged for the story though.

The mixed reactions has me not in a rush to watch this. I’ll wait until next week.

Margot as Tate really has nothing to do with the murders?
If you didn’t watch it I apologize. But the whole movie should’ve been split into two. One for rick dalton one for the Manson family and Tate. THbe latter was completely pointless.

I consider myself a Tarantino fan but I have no idea what happened with this one. It just wandered aimlessly until the last 15 minutes. Felt incredibly bloated.

- Sharon Tate was pointless. That scene in the theater with the feet dragged on for waaaaay longer than it shouldve. Same thing with Bruce Derns role. Made no sense.
- I really like Leo's work but his storyline, if you can call it that, was boring.
- Best part about the movie was Pitt. When his scenes were on they flew by. Everything else was a drag.

The movie was beautifully shot though. All the hollywood imagery, the driving scenes, the different POV shots, all of it was fantastic. Wish it could've kept me engaged for the story though.

Well said. This is how I felt about the film too.

If you didn’t watch it I apologize. But the whole movie should’ve been split into two. One for rick dalton one for the Manson family and Tate. THbe latter was completely pointless.

No need to apologize. I'm going to see it sometime this week anyway.

The point of the film was to pay homage to late 60's cinema with the Sharon Tate murder at the center of the whole thing. That's where the whole film is driving towards. Of course, Tarantino "subverts expectations". To most people, the Manson murders are ancient history and mean nothing to us but back then, it shook Hollywood and the world. Hollywood is supposed to represent a place where dreams come true and here you have a young, pregnant actress and her friends brutally murdered, forever shattering the illusion. I think Tarantino chose this particular year because of Tate and also because it was probably the era in which he fell in love with movies. I think he wanted to restore some of that "magic" that was lost with the murders.

Genre wise, I think it's a fable. A fan fiction. "Once Upon A Time..."

Last edited:
Pic from earlier today. house had big role in the movie

AF6AEED2-04DC-47E9-9EBC-EC9DFEE685E2.jpeg

Not a fan of the movie/story but the acting and cinematography was good.
It reminds me of Roma which won for cinematography and directing but not for movie.

Last edited:
Was anyone else a bit upset at the way they represented Bruce lee?

I know damn well actual Bruce wouldn’t get tossed around a car by a stuntman ( no offense to stuntmen)

Nah Bruce Lee held his own, just got caught in aikido momentum with a Hollywood flare. He even said it himself that he was aight

Yeah getting tossed into the car like that was kind of odd. But I think that’s again part of the dreaded “subverting expectations” thing. Everyone knows that Bruce Lee was badass, kicked people’s asses offscreen. So to see that happen kind of pokes a hole in the mythology but also makes him seem human. It also makes Cliff look good, like he’s a guy who can handle himself if he can go toe to toe with Lee.

Was there some hidden meaning to the dirty soles? Felt like they highlighted a few of the females dirty feet
The hidden meaning is that Quentin likes women's dirty feet.

hidden meaning in reference to Quintin Tarantino's love of feet is an oxymoron. :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom