Question about 99' retro IV's

After seeing the video on the IV's to be releases in the pack my on switch have been turned off i could care less about "nike air" on the backbecause i understand the growth and business aspect of JB so thats not the issue..............BUT that doesnt explain the quality and shape and im not one toput my money towards poorly made products especially when JB could do better like they used to...............with all that being said im looking at purchasingthe OG 99' pair, now what i wanna know is the OG 99' pair still wearable they have a DS pair at flightclub............would it crack on me i need someintake because i never experienced midsole cracks and shoes falling apart and im not trying to.

im almost postive they will crack a 9 year old shoe is not worth it bud sneakers will crack after it is been kept for longs, its not made out of gold just getthe cheap count down 08 and forget the 99's

You need some intake?

Anyway, the pair from 1999 are retroes of the OG from 1989. And to be honest, some pairs will undoubtedly crack while others will not. It depends on how theshoe was stored. Perhaps someone else can help you there because I don't know anything about storing shoes. I just wear them.

I believe some dude in the WDYWT just brought his pair out a few weeks ago.

I'm pretty sure the guy means '99 Retro IV's folks....
Anyway, I own a pair and the midsoles have cracked Extensively in and around the air unit... They are wearable but they are pretty much beaters to me (theyhave been worn a lot)...
On the other hand, a DS pair at FC should be rockable right out the box and if you don't wear em too often, I'm sure they will provide many wears before they start to crack...

The odds are against you on this one. A NDS/Worn pair is more likely to last, and will cost you less.

its 2 oclock at night over here ppl i ment 99' retros no need to start explaing the whole jordan legacy of how he grew up and when he was playin in thesand box...........simple mistake.......if thats the case go to the buy/sell forum and correct every person saying OG 99' V's and OG 94' I's

I just rocked mine this weekend! I would be careful buying that shoe with intentions to wear them if I were you. Chances are good that they are deadstock,which means they will more than likely crumble on you. Shoes with polyurethane midsoles usually are prone to cracking and dry up when they are left deadstock.Its hard to buy certain models sight unseen if you plan on wearing them. This is one of those. Hope I helped.

^^^ yea the info from you guys are helping out.............its ashame tho that on the left side I have the 99's which from what I hear are most likely tocrumble and on the right side I have ones from the pack.......
retirement is on the peek

Buy a NDS pair of shoes if you must get an older pair. My friend and I were talking about storing shoes and we concluded that for a shoe to last the glue andthe foam needs to expand and contract to prevent cracking.

it all depends on the last 9 years of how they were kept. DS is not a good way to keep them wearable. also if they have a history of being lock away in ziplock and silica packs, that will dry them up causing them to be unwearable. still watch out, they are 9 year old shoes, bought vnds white cement 99 and theinner side of the mid sole cracked on me. saddest day of my life. glued them over until it holds together still rockin them casually. seems like seller worethem once and then store them away for a long time, so try to get a pair is more recently worn if you need them to rock.

I purchased a DS pair late last year, wore em a couple of times no cracks, clear air bubble.... The chances of that happening is slim though.

Just Got A Pair Of 99 Retro IVs NDS (Seller Said They Were Worn 5 Times) In Near Perfect Condition, Since The 4/19 Package Ones Look Like GARBAGE Compared ToThe 99s (Plus They're My Grails)....And Mine Are Still Wearable....I Agree With Some Of The Other Posters By Saying That A NDS Pair Will Last Longer Than APair That Is DS.

its 2 oclock at night over here ppl i ment 99' retros no need to start explaing the whole jordan legacy of how he grew up and when he was playin in the sand box...........simple mistake.......if thats the case go to the buy/sell forum and correct every person saying OG 99' V's and OG 94' I's
Id feel better if you edited the title though

I've worn mine regularly from day one. Did all i could do to keep them as fresh and clean as possible. Stored them in a dark closet, blah blah blah....andup until a few weeks ago i noticed some midsole material within the air bubble. Now that tells me that the bubble has popped and the midsole is crumbling(duh). I wore them throughout the day and felt a steady decline in the shoes stability underfoot. Upon further inspection i noticed that the air sole wastotalled and the midsole was seperating from the outsole. Good thing i was home.

But if i were you, i wouldn't shell out hard earned cash only to be disappointed on a pair that you can't even wear. To put it bluntly....it WILL fallapart.

Originally Posted by swingshot

The odds are against you on this one. A NDS/Worn pair is more likely to last, and will cost you less.

This man speaks the truth. I wouldn't unDS a pair of 99s.

And they are not "OGs", they are retros, FYI.

Originally Posted by MistaFlynt99

Just Got A Pair Of 99 Retro IVs NDS (Seller Said They Were Worn 5 Times) In Near Perfect Condition, Since The 4/19 Package Ones Look Like GARBAGE Compared To The 99s (Plus They're My Grails)....And Mine Are Still Wearable....I Agree With Some Of The Other Posters By Saying That A NDS Pair Will Last Longer Than A Pair That Is DS.

now I've seen posts where people write in all caps, but the first letter of everyword capitalized? that takes some work..

Back
Top Bottom