Question about college bball shoe contracts and allowances.......vol. Retro Jordans?

Ok NT, I got in an argument with one of my boys last night because he is trying to tell me that colleges and universities buy their player's any shoes thatthey want to play in (such as retro jordans, spizikes, etc.) and or they get a 3k to 4k stipend to purchase shoes and stuff with.

I am almost sure hes full of crap, but can any of you verify what the acutal rules are about recieving team shoes are....and what type of shoes are offered?

This all started yesterday when Kansas State was playing and he was wearing Aqua 8's...I know K State didnt buy them for him...right?

Nike/Jordan/Addidas sent shoes to individual players sometimes.
Ex. Beasley with Aquas

Other colleges(UNC. G'Town) have Brand Jordan sponser them as a whole, shoes for the whole team.
Nike also made some ZK3s especially for Duke, I think nobody on Duke likes Kobe because only a couple of players from the team wore them
laugh.gif

I don't know much about it

played at a small D-1 @ Southern Utah. We were sponsored by Adidas. You get like a stipend check to purchase necessary stuff (practice clothes warm ups etc.)for kicks they just gave us vouchers to go to any adidas store or shop online. So u could buy like 13 pairs of shell toes if u want. AD was kinda strict so weall had at least 15 things that were mandatory that we had to purchase from adidas like tights, body armor, running shoes, weight gloves etc.
My boy plays @ Louisville and he said its pretty much the same but they always have access to the vouchers.
P.S. certain shoes have to have approval from the AD. Like we couldnt wear crazy 8's for some odd reason and i couldnt wear my All star gil zero (even onthe road)

theyll pay for stuff that is a requirement for the team that they may not have. For exmaple if someone on the track wears a size 8 and we're all out of 8she can either wait till a new shipment comes in (which is usually the next semester) or he can buy them on his on and get reimbursed for them. The school wontbuy a player a pair of shoes because they dont like the ones that they use.

Damn that..........where did that white girl in your avi get that BOOTY from.............Jesus-joseph n Mary...........Talk about makin waves
smile.gif

Yea say on Syracuse this year. I know you get the normal shoes like Elite Tb. Say a guy has retro 8's on. Do the usually have to buy those on their own?Same with someone with zoom kobe 2 ids on. Did they have to pay for those?

Is it any kind of Nike sneaker?

if a guy is wearing retro 8s and he goes to a nike school, then he paid for them out of his pocket not the school.

my friend plays at st johns and they get like 6 pairs of shoes

2 game shoes and 4 practice shoes the practice shoes nike gives them a list and they chose

the game shoes they wear what nike gives them or what they buy out of their own pocket

the players also get $500 stipend to purchase clothing from the men's wearhouse

It all really depends. For example, 2 years ago when Glen Davis was at LSU, he would get shoes sent to him from Nike, since LSU was a Nike school, they werejust sent as part of the rest of the stuff for the team, except with ATTN: Glen Davis on them.

And, if any of the guys on the team wanted shoes, he'd get them for them.

It really depends on the player, the (future) marketability of the player, and who he plays for.

Also, Magnum Rolle, plays for LA Tech now, formerly of LSU, got some of his shoes from Joe Johnson during the SEC tourney.

So the options and channels where college players can get there shoes are limitless.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yea say on Syracuse this year. I know you get the normal shoes like Elite Tb. Say a guy has retro 8's on. Do the usually have to buy those on their own? Same with someone with zoom kobe 2 ids on. Did they have to pay for those?

Jonny and Donte paid out of pocket. They aren't broke, they're getting money from somewhere.

my friend plays at st johns and they get like 6 pairs of shoes

2 game shoes and 4 practice shoes the practice shoes nike gives them a list and they chose

the game shoes they wear what nike gives them or what they buy out of their own pocket

the players also get $500 stipend to purchase clothing from the men's wearhouse
Same thing I was thinkin

Originally Posted by jrellcuse10

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yea say on Syracuse this year. I know you get the normal shoes like Elite Tb. Say a guy has retro 8's on. Do the usually have to buy those on their own? Same with someone with zoom kobe 2 ids on. Did they have to pay for those?

Jonny and Donte paid out of pocket. They aren't broke, they're getting money from somewhere.
Scholarship check and per diem. For example when we go to VTech and leave at 10am that $97 and change if we come back saturday, plus if they leave offcampus and are sharing an apt you have a ton of money left over on a scholarship check

i dont think j rell was talking about legal forms of getting money fresh

you know he was talking about the boosters

damn those cats get a sick little hookup for playing ball. I would rock retros all day if I played for a nike school.

^^ I played a Juco and even we got a couple pair of Nike's, Nike track suits, Nike sweatshirts and pants, basically everything Nike for free. And this wasa Juco, so I can imagine the big D1 schools having quite the hookup from whatever brand sponsors them. I don't know how they do it but as far as shoes wegot list of options from Eastbay and we all got to pick which shoe we wanted.

Originally Posted by Nek32

^^ I played a Juco and even we got a couple pair of Nike's, Nike track suits, Nike sweatshirts and pants, basically everything Nike for free. And this was a Juco, so I can imagine the big D1 schools having quite the hookup from whatever brand sponsors them. I don't know how they do it but as far as shoes we got list of options from Eastbay and we all got to pick which shoe we wanted.
Does that include Jordans?

if your a school sponsored by jordan ie unc, georgetown

you get jordans

if you're sponsored by nike you get nikes

players do get nice hook ups from clothing basically 5 different types of nike team track suits

team tee shirts and shorts

but nothing that is not involved with the team and the sneaker company

Originally Posted by redstorm24

if your a school sponsored by jordan ie unc, georgetown

you get jordans

if you're sponsored by nike you get nikes

players do get nice hook ups from clothing basically 5 different types of nike team track suits

team tee shirts and shorts

but nothing that is not involved with the team and the sneaker company

im confused.... Nike schools can wear jordans....can't they?
if a guy is wearing retro 8s and he goes to a nike school, then he paid for them out of his pocket not the school.
ok, cool.

they can wear jordans but nike doesn't give them the jordans

for example st johns is a nike school

but anthony mason jr. wore fire red v's for a good part of the year

the v's weren't given to him by nike or jordan but he paid for them out of his pocket

Back
Top Bottom