question about DS,NDS, and VNDS .

i wanna know what these terms mean. i've seen them alot in the buy/sell forum and i think they have to do with the condition of the shoe, and i also knowthe words that make up the acronyms, but what do they all mean?
also if you can put up pic examples that would help, but if thats asking too much, a simple explanation'll be fine. thanks ahead of time NT.

be eazy.
-aaron

p.s.- i wasn't sure what forum to put this in so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place since it's not strictly applying to J's.

DS = Dead Stock ( new/unworn )

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( worn a little bit/ shows very little signs of wear)

NDS = Near dead stock ( shows sign of wear but still has life)

Beater = Done for lol

ooooh, good lookin' out.!!^

before i thought it had to do with the number of that specific shoe thats still left in stores, but i was waaaay wrong lol.

Originally Posted by bboi4lif3

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( hardly worn/ shows very little sign of wear)

Beater = Done for lol
Yup

aiight well since i got my answer i guess the mods should lock this up before the haters come, sike nah.
but i really do think it should be locked now.
thanks again

I think it should be mentioned that "used" goes somewhere between nds and beater. Look at the buy/sell forum though, many shoes are listed as vndswhen they are clearly used.

VNDS = Very near dead stock ( worn a little bit/ shows very little signs of wear)

Beater = Done for lol

he said it

Beater = Done for lol

nuff said

Originally Posted by The J Collector

Beater = Done for lol

That sums it up , unfornately most the time,
when ppl are selling there kicks,
they mis-catorgorize -- d.s.,vnds,nds,
that pi$$es me off............

Beater = Done for lol

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

I think it should be mentioned that "used" goes somewhere between nds and beater. Look at the buy/sell forum though, many shoes are listed as vnds when they are clearly used.

laugh.gif
aint that the truth.

go to the buy sell forum and see something like this. vvvnds jordan xii blk red worn 25 -30 times paint is chipping off and bottoms look crap but arestill in great wearable condition.

People sure don't rate shoes like they used to. When I was heavy into the shoe game and on NT back in 2001-2004, the line between DS and VNDS was a verythin one meaning there were many kicks listed as VNDS that could have been boxed up and returned as new. NDS kicks were kicks that were at least a 8/10. Now Ilook at people's listings and I see shoes that should never even be up for sale listed as NDS, shoes that are clearly lacking in the "newnessfactor", kicks I would rate as 6/10 with VNDS on them. Don't even get me started on how people rate their shoes on the other forum.

Originally Posted by BKE420

i never buy used shoes. imo

your an idiot, you wouldn't know if they were used or not anyways, even from a store, i remember working at champs.(maybe never worn out the store lol.)

Originally Posted by playaproved

People sure don't rate shoes like they used to. When I was heavy into the shoe game and on NT back in 2001-2004, the line between DS and VNDS was a very thin one meaning there were many kicks listed as VNDS that could have been boxed up and returned as new. NDS kicks were kicks that were at least a 8/10. Now I look at people's listings and I see shoes that should never even be up for sale listed as NDS, shoes that are clearly lacking in the "newness factor", kicks I would rate as 6/10 with VNDS on them. Don't even get me started on how people rate their shoes on the other forum.

truth

Back
Top Bottom