Question about Finishline or Finishline Discounts

Here is a question to general public or maybe some Finishline employees(current or former)....The Footlocker, Champps, Footaction friends and family andEmployee Apreciation have be almost automatic every month for the past 4 to 5 months (maybe even more)....I never see Finishline FF and EAs....I know theymarked down most of the CDPs last month to anywhere from $100 to $200 but nothing store wide or internet based....There is a bunch of items that I want in thestore and online but no dice on getting anything more then max $20 off....Does Finishline have Friends and Family or store wide sales?? If not, how the hellare they competitive with a company like Footlocker that constantly has promotions so they can restock shelves??? Any help with be appreciated..thanks.

Footlocker is almost just straight shoes while finishline has more clothing and therefore doesn't get that extensive amount and selection of shoes

no, Finishline doesnt have any EA or F&F sale. According to my manager, finishline has the lowest everyday price compared to footlocker, champs, andfootaction. the only sale i can think of that Finishline have are like end of the season sale( for example summer sale, back to school, thanksgiving -christmas sale) to get rid of old product for space for new things.

That sucks....I see inventory just piling up...and usually most Finishlines are dead (Well the whole mall is dead..recession is killing it...but Finishlineis MORE dead then Footlocker).....I would think at some point the store wide discount would have to come up.....Whats the usual employee discount there???

And to the comment uptop about the clothes...maybe its just my area, but Footlockers by me have WAYYYYYYY more clothes then finishline....You might not realizeit because 90% people look right over the gear to the kicks, but Footlockers and Footactions are stacked with gears...I guess Ill pay more attention toFinishline when I go in there...

it true finisline is go down
but both finishline and footlooker in my area did not got LS limited shoes from Jordan or any brand

finishline employees get 30% off. most of the footlocker i go to have really crappy service so finishline is usually gets me as a buyer.

I do agree .... I think FNL needs to get on that EA and get some 50%OFFs going on.....
Originally Posted by xInVaSiAn661x

no, Finishline doesnt have any EA or F&F sale. According to my manager, finishline has the lowest everyday price compared to footlocker, champs, and footaction. the only sale i can think of that Finishline have are like end of the season sale( for example summer sale, back to school, thanksgiving - christmas sale) to get rid of old product for space for new things.

YES ... them DOT SALES .... Thats when an employee can take advantage.

YES they do get 30%off but correct me if Im wrong NOW there is a yearly limit on discount dollar amount ???

yeah my boy said that it's only $2000 per year AND that even though they get the discount the actual price before their discount is charged to the yearlytally
smh.gif

Ayipapi - FINL does not offer these special sales each month like Footlocker Inc. does and so you ask how we can be competitive with them???

1 - We put the customer first. Catering to the customer is one of the easiest ways to make money even if your product costs more. The customer sees that youvalue them as a customer and actually care about there needs. I know this is not in every store from every employee, but when you compare us to Footlocker thecustomer service at a FINL store is 99% of the time better.

2 - We generally make better business decisions. Yes having F&F's and EA's every month is cool, but what happens the other 27 days of the month?Your customer base gets so accustomed to only shopping in your stores during this time that the other days your sales just suck. The customer is always relyingon that special deal or discount the employee is going to give them just to make a sale. Sure it's great for the customer, but as a company this trend canonly last so long before your profit margin is too low that it's harmful to your company.

3 - FINL prices are almost always cheaper than Footlocker. A shoe that has been out longer than one month still at msrp is going to just sit and rot in yourstore until you put it on sale. FINL also takes in more money each day. It's all about the volume you're doing and units you're pushing out on theweekdays that will make or break your business. You can't rely on the newest Jordan release or your weekend sales figures.

4 - Better product. FINL stores get MUCH better shoes for the average consumer. You can only sell so many dunks, AF'1s and Jordans. You've got to haveother products to offer to ALL levels of your areas demographic. FINL has a great mix of products geared toward every kind of consumer.

5 - FINL has $XXXXXXXX amount of money in the bank. The company has zero debt. Everything belongs to us. All product etc on and on down the list. Everything isprofit.

6 - Availability of product. Instore, Online, In-Store Pick Up, Send Sales, etc. = A vast amount of different ways to obtain a product. Also a good largeinventory helps as well.

And these are only a few reasons.

BostonThreeParty - IDK which stores you go to, but every FINL store I've ever been to has always had more shoes available for sale in the store. FootLockeralways triple or quadruples the same shoe on the walls.

xInVaSiAn661x - Correct. Better prices and great sales IF you catch them in the first few days. Aged product gets marked down and FLY's out the door whichcreates space for new inventory.

Ayipapi - All shoe stores are pretty much dead now thanks to the recession. I saw a Footlocker store during BTS that looked like some small FINL stores look ona tuesday morning in october. Footlocker was DEAD!!!!

I'll agree that most Footlockers have better Jordan/Nike gear than most FINL stores, but the other brands they have available and the huge selection onlineas well as older stuff you'll never find online adds up to a whole lot of clothes available.

xInVaSiAn661x - Thanks for proving my customer service point.

RICO7JT - While it would be nice, the end of season sales and other great everyday prices more than makes up for the lack of F&F's or EA.

Yes there is a discount that is tiered based on your job title.

OP - Hope that might answer some of your questions.

^^^ You sure did break it down ... WHAT store you repping , are you a MIT ?

I agree with you on the weekday sales ..... I remember always making weeks come Thursdays.

I also agree about the shoe walls. FNL walls " tell a story "LOL , while walls at FTL are ALWAYS tripling or quadrupling the same shoes on the walls.
I remember NO RED tag(.97) shoes on walls and NO more then 2 pairs of a shoe on a wall ect.

LOL ... DAYS INN all day LONG . " MR.MAKE the DAY " aka " NO SLACK IN MY BLOOD "

I miss them good ol FNL days .

abernja, thanks for theinfo...I appreciate the breakdown..but what I would say is the advent of the internet and also ebay, to lessor extent, has made sneaker buying at large moreaccessible to the masses....Before the net, I think your right...Customer service was the largest part of why a person choose to do business in one place oranother...Small boutiques and many moms and pops did exteremely well as they provided direct access to the consumer for items almost from a service orientedfashion as opposed to product delievery....They called you with special drops..knew your name, etc...With the net, a huge amount of mom and pops as well asBoutiques (here in NYC Union, Recon just to name a few) find it hard to survive when the customer wants it cheaper faster and easy.....I work in a customerservice oriented profession so I understand the importance of it....When it comes to sneaker buying the process is SOOO distant now that customer service(expect for shipping) really is not a factor....I just order some Flightposites from Footaction..via phone...paid by CC...had them shipped via some store inKansas....and had them in 3 days....throughout this entire process, except inital conversation, I never had contact...customer service played know part (expecthow they boxed my kicks
mad.gif
)...So although I appreciate finishline focusingon CS...My $130 still in my pocket because I ordered them somewhere else is more desirable....Again your comment is somewhat contradictory....if your a volumebased retailer, it makes more sense to discount the items as the goal is inventory turn over not nesscarily profit margins....My finishline is STOCKED withevery release from the past 6 months and MANY finishline exclusives...

Any way thanks for your input...im glad there is still people out there that care about there profession and dont just "show up" for a check...

I like finishline. Aside from the fact they don't carry any of the Kobe IV's, it is one of my favorite stores.

Originally Posted by abernja

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Finishline is about to be finished pretty soon

Joke of the day? Not gonna happen.

Yeah, I also work for FNL, and for some reason I always thought the company was doing better than FTL. Thats why they are having there sales so much morefrequently.

Working at Foot Locker, I can agree with most of what ajberna posted. I've been pt, ft, and asst manager, so I've seen different positions. We do nothave good customer service, and managers can pretty much make up rules regarding returns, exchanges, discounts for customers, etc. I know my manager and mostmanagers are only worried about selling the shoes and accessories as fast as they can so they can grab the next customer. They rarely concentrate of trying togain repeat customers. We do not take the time to find the customer's needs usually, and most employees have little or no clue about the details of theshoes they are selling.

All that being said, we have one of the best discount policies for employees I have ever heard of. Always 30%, 50% almost everything about every 6 weeks, andextra bonuses such as $50 "gold coins" for good audits.

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

Working at Foot Locker, I can agree with most of what ajberna posted. I've been pt, ft, and asst manager, so I've seen different positions. We do not have good customer service, and managers can pretty much make up rules regarding returns, exchanges, discounts for customers, etc. I know my manager and most managers are only worried about selling the shoes and accessories as fast as they can so they can grab the next customer. They rarely concentrate of trying to gain repeat customers. We do not take the time to find the customer's needs usually, and most employees have little or no clue about the details of the shoes they are selling.

All that being said, we have one of the best discount policies for employees I have ever heard of. Always 30%, 50% almost everything about every 6 weeks, and extra bonuses such as $50 "gold coins" for good audits.
Yup. That basically sums it up.

Abernja,

You make some really good points, but more importantly, I don't see much, if any negativity in your posts regardingyour employer. I work for a division of the Inc. and I see our strong points and our weak points. I think that a huge part of the equation for sales successis knowing where you are lacking and need improvement. From your posts, it almost seems as if you think FNL is clearly miles ahead of everyone else with noroom for debate. While this may not be how you actually see it, I do think your posts are heavily pro-FNL as opposed to a neutral analysis of your businessmodel.

^ I do feel we are miles ahead of our competitors, but there are also plenty of flaws in the company and much room for improvement. But I've only saidthings which are publicly known. I'm not out to drop any confidential information.

I do feel that customer service could be better still. I visited a store in TN. The store was dead and isn't very big. Not a single employee even made eyecontact with me for over 10 mins and there were at least 3 on the sales floor. This just goes to show that they have their noses too high in the air. They arethe number 1 and 2 selling store for Jordans and AF'1s. VI/XI DMP??? Yep, well into the triple digits worth of packs on RD. They need to step it up on theweekdays.

i work at finishline now and i can tell u that there prices are always cheap. when the air jordan fusion 9's dropped they were 160 and after like 2 weeksthey dropped to 99.99 so i know we have good deals all the time which is why we usually don't have a problem keeping up with those other stores.

Back
Top Bottom