Question about jersey authenticity v.Kobe swingman

First off, mods if this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I tried for a couple of days in the "other brands" section and got no response.That's not really an excuse, but I figured that fake checks here could also apply to jerseys. Anyways, move this if necessary. Onward!

Alright fellas, its been ages since I've bought a jersey, so you'll have to bear with me. I've got a few questions:

1) The last jersey I bought was a Nike swingman, sz L (with the +2 length thing). If I get an Adidas swingman in an L, will it fit identically? I see thatadidas has adapted the +2 length on all the jerseys too.

2) Do the "Soul" throwback swingmans fit the same as the regular adidas swingmans?

3) I'm looking for this jersey:

But on ebay there seems to be WAY too many to be legit. I'm avoiding anything from HK or China or overseas, but what are other ways to tell if I'mlooking at a fake?

EDIT: Seller has the following photo on the auction -

7404_1.JPG

I find it weird that he doesn't have pics of the neck or jock tags, so I ask for some. He replies with this:

Now, I'm bidding on the size M and this definitely looks legit, but he says he has multiple sizes available. I understand that this jersey is somewhat hardto come by (legit ones at least) and I'm just a little skeptical.

Anyone have experience with this and willing to help out? Auction ends in less than 24 hours...HALP.

I appreciate any help I can get guys.

I have been looking for this jersey for a very long time...if this is from a seller in China it is definitely fake. Whenever you ask these sellers if thejersey is authentic they say it is made from the best quality. Btw I feel that the Nike swingman jerseys fit smaller than the adidas which fit larger.

Thanks for the help guys.

I bit the bullet and won the auction. The guy's addresses are both USA locations, and the 2nd picture he sent of the jocktags were definitely legit. I alsolooked through his other auctions and he seems to be selling a lot of legitimate authentic and swingman jerseys.

I used this link to help me determine the authenticity: http://blog.thekobecollection.com/kobe-jerseys/1987-88-adidas-hwc-retro-swingman-lakers-jersey/

Which reminds me...imrichboy, I should really report you for giving fake indications that aren't accurate...but maybe you just didn't know, soyou'll have the benefit of the doubt.

The seller responded with legitimate pictures, guaranteed my money back if I wasn't satisfied or it wasn't authentic, and generally went through a lotof trouble to ease my mind. I'll give you an update on the situation as it goes, since A) legit sellers are hard to come by, and if the seller is legit Ican pass on the info or B) if it's a scam, I can give everyone the heads up.

And here's a link to the auction that I won if you guys want to check it out some more: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190302670336&_trkparms=tab=Watching

Originally Posted by hakbottom

I have been looking for this jersey for a very long time...if this is from a seller in China it is definitely fake. Whenever you ask these sellers if the jersey is authentic they say it is made from the best quality. Btw I feel that the Nike swingman jerseys fit smaller than the adidas which fit larger.
Yayyyy Laker fans...what I did was I avoided any seller who wasn't in the U.S., and then I looked through their other auctions to see whatthey were selling, as well as their feedback.

Like I said, I'm still a little skeptical about the authenticity only because the seller seems to have a few more sizes, but the pictures she sent me ofthe jersey were undoubtedly authentic.

I'll post pics when I get the jersey, determine if it's real, and then I'll be sure to post here or PM you so that you can bid on one of theseller's other auctions for this kind of jersey. Good luck mate.

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Which reminds me...imrichboy, I should really report you for giving fake indications that aren't accurate...but maybe you just didn't know, so you'll have the benefit of the doubt.
That reminds me AllDay AllNight that is an Adidas jersey and this is the Nike price/legit check forum.

Originally Posted by hakbottom

Did you receive the jersey yet?
Yes I did. Unfortunately, it was fake. I used The Kobe Collection's guide (posted somewhere in this thread) and saw that the stitched NBA logowas definitely fake. The real jersey also has a white/purple hem at the neck and arm holes, while the fake's has more of a white/deep blue.

I'm really sorry I forgot to post pics in this thread. The seller is actually really cool and cooperative and I am in the process of returning it andgetting a refund. Oh well.

Originally Posted by punisha15

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Which reminds me...imrichboy, I should really report you for giving fake indications that aren't accurate...but maybe you just didn't know, so you'll have the benefit of the doubt.
That reminds me AllDay AllNight that is an Adidas jersey and this is the Nike price/legit check forum.
Yup, I know. Hence my disclaimer at the top of the very first post:

First off, mods if this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I tried for a couple of days in the "other brands" section and got no response. That's not really an excuse, but I figured that fake checks here could also apply to jerseys. Anyways, move this if necessary. Onward!

Back
Top Bottom