Question About Jordan 1 Retro Wht-Blk-Red First Retro Release...?

Can anyone tell me the exact date these released? The tags on mine say 941012 which is common knowledge I guess. Some of these older 
Nikes are harder to look up the dates on if I can even name them at all. Am cataloging my sneakers and don't have all my receipts. A lot of people
know the 3 dropped first in 1994 and the then the 1 and 2 by 1995. Thanks for the help.

I don't know if they had an exact release date. Back in the early 90's, shoes just sorta released whenever stores got them. I'm sure Nike had launch dates, but the shoe game was nowhere near what it is today, so if a store released shoes early, it was like oh well...

I'm surprised that you knew that the III's released first, followed by the I's and II's. All three "re-issues" sold extremely poor by today's standards.

I was just going to post that perhaps one of the Mods knew because you guys
are a good source of fundemental shoe knowledge.

Ya, I didn't get anything on a release date I knew about beforehand until the '00s.
That includes all original Nikes unless I got lucky and was at a mall that day and didn't
even know. Have some Nike Airs from the '90s that I can't even name or search with
the product code; and no boxes. But thats another forum.

Thanks.

But the 5s (and the 4s too I suppose) sold well. I remember because when
I tried to get the Wht/Blk/Red ones after the release date and got laughed
out of Footlocker.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

But the 5s (and the 4s too I suppose) sold well. I remember because when
I tried to get the Wht/Blk/Red ones after the release date and got laughed
out of Footlocker.

That was in 2000, correct? The first time the I's, II's and III's retroed was back in 1994-1995. The world just wasn't ready for the retro game yet. It wasn't until 1999, when the black/cement IV's released, did the hype really pickup.

Omg.. I remember walking into sportmart in 1995 and saw AJ 1's and 2's on clearance racks for $29.99-$39.99! Yea till this day I dread not pickin em up.. You are absolutely right the world wasn't ready for the retro treatment.. The 3's sold fairly well from what I remembered.. But yes May 1999 was the time blk/cmt 4's retro'd and that started it all. I remember walking into the mall seeing them at footaction after 10yrs later "we meet again" but this time I got the money to buy em and Momz can't say NO! Oh I got teary eyed lol

ijapino is on point.  I was working at Louisville Sports Unlimited at the time.  The III's eventually sold out, but we had stacks upon stacks of I's on clearance for $19.99, and even at that price, they sat there forever.  Man, if I only knew then what I know now.

If I remember correctly, Nike's old sizing tag used estimated production dates..."941012" would mean that the shoes were produced between October (10th month) and December (12th month) in 1994. I could be wrong though, as I was never an expert at reading/understanding the tag codes.

I remember buying the I's on sale in March of 1995, shortly after MJ came outta retirement. This would mean that they originally released sometime in January-March of that year if they were already sittin on sale.

That is all correct. My suspicion is that only the 3 released in 1994 and both the 1 & 2 in 1995. Though all three are
usually referred to as 1994 releases...

Back
Top Bottom