Question about Losing Weight/Burning Fat

so im trying to lose some weight, burn some fat, and get toned....not too worried about adding alot of mass...just wanting to get the weight off..... so when igo to the gym... should i do cardio first, then lift?? How long of a cardio workout should i do??? If someone with knowledge about this stuff wouldnt mindwriting me a workout routine....i would be really appreciative... thanks

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

anyone?
They all fat, doggie.

But to answer your question, I would recommend doing cardio last or on a different day altogether. Even better if you do cardio first thing in the morning. You can lift later that day if you want or not at all.

Try for 30 min. continuous cardio. Might wanna stick with elliptical and stationary bike to begin with.

It doesn't really matter. Some people say to do cardio first so you're warmed up for your lifts, some people say do cardio after your lifts would burnmore calories. I'm not sure how much of a caloric difference it would make to lift then do cardio but I get my muscles get too sore if I lift first that Ican't do my cardio as hard.

^ Go to mensheatlh.com and spend a few hours on the site. You will thank yourself later. You can get workouts, tips, etc on there for every-day guys (i.e. notsuper body builders). You dont need to go to NT.

You should be concentrating first on your daily/weekly diet. That is what's most important. Then really get after it and realize it is a marathon not asprint.

^Exactly. Not saying working out isn't important, but too many guys overlook nutrition. And don't even call it a diet...if you just decide to changehow you eat, the majority of people will see big results just based on that. Working out and eating bad won't really give you any progress. So start thereis my advice (in case you need it).

Not to thread jack, but I have a similar question. I started exercising 6 weeks ago for 1-2 hours, 5 times a week. This usually includes 30-45 minutes of bike,15-30 of walking and anywhere from 30-60 minutes of lifting. I also cut fast foods and have generally been eating a lot healthier. I was obese by moststandards before (5'9 205) but instead of losing weight, I'm up to 215.

Will this even out? I take insulin for diabetes which I know some body builders use as a steriod, but could it be that I've put on 10+ pounds of muscle in6 weeks and should cut back on lifiting?

what i do is run 2 miles...then lift and stomach workouts.....then hit the basketball court for cardio and fun....i lost 20lbs+ since i been consistentlygoin....My eating habits have improved, but they arent 100%......plus i love beer!

also; stop drinking soda!!! WATER!!! WATER!! WATER!! eat fruits and healthier snacks, and a big difference maker is cut out the fast food....that alone willhelp you shed some pounds

Originally Posted by airchucknorris

Not to thread jack, but I have a similar question. I started exercising 6 weeks ago for 1-2 hours, 5 times a week. This usually includes 30-45 minutes of bike, 15-30 of walking and anywhere from 30-60 minutes of lifting. I also cut fast foods and have generally been eating a lot healthier. I was obese by most standards before (5'9 205) but instead of losing weight, I'm up to 215.

Will this even out? I take insulin for diabetes which I know some body builders use as a steriod, but could it be that I've put on 10+ pounds of muscle in 6 weeks and should cut back on lifiting?
You're probably eating too much. How many calories a day are you consuming? 10 pounds of muscle in 6 weeks is very possible but you sayyou're doing a lot of cardio which leads me to believe that you're consuming a lot of calories.

I'm on a pretty set diet as far as carbs calories go, being diabetic I feel the pain other ways if I eat too much. When I noticed I gained that much weightI started journaling my food. Two days ago was 1900 calories, yesterday was about 1700. This probably doesn't help, but I wish I knew what was going on.

Back
Top Bottom