Question About Original 1988 Air Jordan True Blue 3

Does the blue on the midsole of the OGs wrap around the entire shoe like the 2001 retroes? Or do they only wrap half way around like the 2009 retroes? Cananyone confirm this ? (pictures if possible would be appreciated). I've searched everywhere, googled them, but I haven't found a left side view of theright shoe or a right side view of the left shoe. Air-Jordans.com didn't have them either. Help anyone?

Mods, lock if the wrong forum.

Yes, it is true. I have seen a pic of both of them together but I can't remember where I saw it but I will post the pic's if I can find the pictures.

They wrap half way around.

Also, the backside of the tongue is red, which is something neither retro has featured.

I still want to see pictures though, not because I do not believe but because I have never seen the inside midsole part of the shoe

I'll still searching for the midsole part but the blue did not wrap all the way in the OGs

interesting
tired.gif

I believe that aside from the red inside the tongue, size and overall boldness of the cement print, nike air, perforations on the tongue and ankle area, andsome minor alterations to the overall shape of the shoe, the 2009 retroes appear to be on point to the originals. I don't recall if NT ever complainedabout how the blue wrapped around the entire shoe back when the 2001 TB 3s retroed though..

Woooooooah! Those white cements with the Nike Air are a major blast from the past. I remember i had those in the 80's, i wanna say like 6th or 7th grade. Ieven remember going to buy them with my mom. i also remember seeing the black ones, and not wanting them. I dont remember seeing the true blues though. I forsure would have got them over the white cements though because i was obsessed with the color blue when i was a kid.

memories.......

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Photos i've saved.

I used to think the True Blues were a Retro+ cause i never seen the OG's before, like many people.

damn that griffey pick is sick haha

Originally Posted by RYZA272

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Photos i've saved.

I used to think the True Blues were a Retro+ cause i never seen the OG's before, like many people.

damn that griffey pick is sick haha
I thought the same about that griffey pic.

and people thought thee true blues were a Retro+ color because they did say Retro+ on the box.

Oh and while talking about the 01 retro's, I do remember it being brought up that the blue didn't wrap around on the OG's but it wasn't a BIGdeal like it would've been today, BUT personally I like when it wraps around all the way but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom