Question about Quality of Newer Jordan Releases

Hey NT, I'm new to the game and I see alot of posts on here concerning the craftsmanship of the Retroed Jordans as compared to their OG counterparts. Cansomeone explain to me what happened? Is it merely a downgrade in materials or more serious manufacturing flaws?

Nethier Its just JB see he can do what ever he whats with the Buyers cause he knows theyre gonna go crazy and copp weather its SJ 11s for $175 TB 3s Int'lrelease or CDP 11/122 quality JB caused us to be like this because all the fusions and 1s being released then when we finnally get a retro we'll do almostanything to get them reguardless of the price or quality

There is no manufacturing flaws, just that shoes today aren't made with the same durability or quality they were made with 5+ years ago. JB's trying tocut cost and at the same time raise the price of the shoes they sale. From a business standpoint this is a genius move, however this can (& has) pissed offa few loyal fans of the brand. To keep the "fair-weather OG-heads" around they drop very popular retro's (Spacejams, Carmines, True Blue's,etc.). All-in-all, the quality isn't what it used to be and shows no signs of returning anytime soon.

^^Good point...and many places of business end up doing this over a course of time...shoes, homes, cars, etc...endless

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

There is no manufacturing flaws, just that shoes today aren't made with the same durability or quality they were made with 5+ years ago. JB's trying to cut cost and at the same time raise the price of the shoes they sale. From a business standpoint this is a genius move, however this can (& has) pissed off a few loyal fans of the brand. To keep the "fair-weather OG-heads" around they drop very popular retro's (Spacejams, Carmines, True Blue's, etc.). All-in-all, the quality isn't what it used to be and of signs of returning.
co-sign

Originally Posted by GreyScaleMethod

There is no manufacturing flaws, just that shoes today aren't made with the same durability or quality they were made with 5+ years ago. JB's trying to cut cost and at the same time raise the price of the shoes they sale. From a business standpoint this is a genius move, however this can (& has) pissed off a few loyal fans of the brand. To keep the "fair-weather OG-heads" around they drop very popular retro's (Spacejams, Carmines, True Blue's, etc.). All-in-all, the quality isn't what it used to be and shows no signs of returning anytime soon.
Basically....

Originally Posted by Jumpman23shoeFan

They are right, but I honestly don't feel like it is as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be

Yup, although you can feel the difference. I like them regardless. I can always buy them to have as a fresh pair for later down the years when QUALITY is nolonger available
laugh.gif
Nowadays, it's all about cutting costs, raising prices, making huge profits, and screwing over the everyday consumer. They know wewill just have no other choice but to buy their products no matter how crappy it is
smh.gif

Yeah I just balled in some CDP XXI's yesterday and I was furious. I mean, I've worn a couple pairs of CDP pairs casually but the I never noticed howterrible the quality was until I balled in them

The quality has slipped, however people are wearing rose tinted glasses.

JB's quality started to slip right after they became a 'separate' company from JB.

Back
Top Bottom