question about the bordeaux's

eyes.gif
 Yuku.

Originally Posted by shizzellman

MAN LOVE THE AIR JORDAN VII'S BUT THIS COLOR WAY IS OVERRATED TO ME IAM SORRY JUST DONT SEE THE BIG DEAL OVER THIS UGLY COLOR WAY BUT STILL GOING TO COP FOR MY COLLECTION BUT WILL NEVER ROCKEM
If you dont like em then why waste your money... dont buy em jus cause everyone else is Hypin... Its YOUR shoe collection not someone elses... Like Wayne says "It's MYY CUUPP"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
.. save that money an get somethin you like.. 

Originally Posted by Daver

never had a pair but i remember my cousin bought these back in 1992 when i was only 8. i think that's when i first fell in love with jordans and shoes in general. although i would rather have these OG 1992 versions, the 2011 version should be decent.

Not flaming...but you would rather have a pair that is more than likely not werable? Interesting.................You were 8 in 1992 and I was 12, I would love to have all the older original Jordans in a collection, but since I love to wear them, retros will be just fine.

i dont really understand why people want the og pair when retro r bout to come out the quality of a almost 20 year old sneaker cant be better than a new one if u tryna wear them
and yea i dont think you should buy a sneaker that u dont like just to have in your collection it your collection so it should be full of sneakers you like

Originally Posted by Darkwing Duck

i dont get yall these things are atrocious.

but of course, if everyone else says they like them, and they are limited, and considered an "og" colorway everyone is gonna sweat them hard and the hypebeasts are gonna go crazy.

Couldnt put those things on my feet
If they're atrocious to you, than so be it, but understand that's just you (or anyone else that shares your sentiments).  Personally, I find the AJ I & II to be absolutely hideous.  Even the IIIs, while I understand their significance to the sneaker world, never did nothing for me, not even when they were new.  I don't understand the appeal to them.  I'd never be caught dead wearing ANY of those shoes, yet all 3 shoes are considered grails by many on NT.  Go figure!  And the fact the Bordeaux sat meant absolutely nothing in general popularity back then.  Even though you'd see them on almost everyone's feet, ALL AJs back then were so mass produced that you could pick up a pair on sale at the end of the model year as the new design was being released.  There was no such thing as "limited release" crap back then.  You just had to find a way to come up with the money for a pair.

As with anything that departs from the average bland cookie-cutter norm, each year the Air Jordans created a great discrepancy in love/hate reactions.  Some more so than others, but ALL of them had their fair share of people who thought they were the coolest looking shoes on Earth, and others who thought they were hideous disasters.  The Bordeaux VIIs were no exception, and due to their vast departure from typical colorways, formed one of the stronger polar opposites in reactions.  But just as with music, movies, art or anything else that's distinctly different from their counterparts, many found that their initial reactions were premature.  After allowing some time to fully digest and absorb what they're seeing, it grew on some people.  You see unorthodox things in a different light sometimes when you step back, allow some time to pass for your initial reaction to subside, and analyze what the creator was trying to do.

Personally, I loved the Bordeaux at first sight.  As an artist, I might have had a different appreciation for the use of colors than someone who just wants a pair of shoes to "look cool with jeans", or "'go hard' on the bball court".  In fact, that's probably WHY I loved the use of the darker, almost Earth tones with the crazy patterns in the tongue: because it LOOKS like art.  It wasn't until I got much older that I'd learn that Tinker designed all my favorite AJs, and the inspiration behind those designs, including the African art that inspired the VII.  It made complete sense, because for me, you could clearly see it in the way he did the colorway.

I actually bought a pair in '93 on sale as the VIIIs were about to be released, but ended up returning them because I couldn't really afford to keep them.  I would be a lot more thrilled that they're retroing them if it weren't for the lack of quality on their retros, especially considering I still strictly were basketball shoes for.....well.....basketball, but....these might still be hard to turn away.  I'll have to wait for the release to decide.

these and the hares are the only 7s i feel like are really fire, i think the cement 4s and the concords 11s the on Js droppin this year that are better that these

Originally Posted by Iondajayz

I love this shoe. This shoe is juss dope. Its very colorful, but its not bright. Its loud because it uses quiet colors. And its the type of shoe that ties an outfit together very well. Not to mention, its still a very comfortable basketball shoe to this day.

They look really good with the right pair of jeans
wink.gif
It was always going to be tough following up from the VI's for this shoe. I ended up getting the black/red/purple VII's wore them everywhere with everything.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

Originally Posted by Daver

never had a pair but i remember my cousin bought these back in 1992 when i was only 8. i think that's when i first fell in love with jordans and shoes in general. although i would rather have these OG 1992 versions, the 2011 version should be decent.

Not flaming...but you would rather have a pair that is more than likely not werable? Interesting.................You were 8 in 1992 and I was 12, I would love to have all the older original Jordans in a collection, but since I love to wear them, retros will be just fine.

That's exactly what I meant. Guess I didn't put it out in words too well.
smile.gif

This was one of those shoes that a lot of my friends had in high school. Stupid me back then wanted nothing that EVERYONE had, so I went with some solo flights or air bound or something. I'm not making that mistake again. LOL

Back
Top Bottom