Question about the IPad

I didn't see any thread on the IPad, so I just started my own.
I''m thinking really hard about getting the IPad and wanted to know if it is worth it. I'm tired of carrying my heavy laptop around with me and think the IPad will be more convenient.
I'm not balling so I really need it to be worthwhile.  Is it legit or just a bigger IPod?

I didn't see any thread on the IPad, so I just started my own.
I''m thinking really hard about getting the IPad and wanted to know if it is worth it. I'm tired of carrying my heavy laptop around with me and think the IPad will be more convenient.
I'm not balling so I really need it to be worthwhile.  Is it legit or just a bigger IPod?

The iPad is a fun toy, but it's no laptop replacement. More like netbook alternative. Don't get me wrong though, I love it for surfing the web and email and photo stuff.

The iPad is a fun toy, but it's no laptop replacement. More like netbook alternative. Don't get me wrong though, I love it for surfing the web and email and photo stuff.

Like DownyBoy said, you might want to wait because there will be a new one soon. Also, if you use the internet a lot on your laptop it might not be a good substitute since it doesn't support Flash.

Like DownyBoy said, you might want to wait because there will be a new one soon. Also, if you use the internet a lot on your laptop it might not be a good substitute since it doesn't support Flash.

Depends what you use your laptop for and what you want to use an ipad for. It's great for leisure and that's about it.

Depends what you use your laptop for and what you want to use an ipad for. It's great for leisure and that's about it.

get a netbook or wait for ipad 2.
i would say wait for a android tablet but the prices so far are just
sick.gif
sick.gif

get a netbook or wait for ipad 2.
i would say wait for a android tablet but the prices so far are just
sick.gif
sick.gif

Thanks for the replys. I just needed something to get on the internet with. I have a lot of my school books online and get tired of carrying my laptop to class. I'm not really trying to do all that much with it. But if it doesn't support flash, then I may not get one. 
Anyone know when the new one is coming out and if it will support flash?

Thanks for the replys. I just needed something to get on the internet with. I have a lot of my school books online and get tired of carrying my laptop to class. I'm not really trying to do all that much with it. But if it doesn't support flash, then I may not get one. 

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Exactly, I've had mine for 2 months and love it, but it can't do everything a laptop can.

Originally Posted by Nawth21

Exactly, I've had mine for 2 months and love it, but it can't do everything a laptop can.

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

probably in april
probably no flash as Apple/Jobs are anti-flash

Originally Posted by letsgetit22

probably in april
probably no flash as Apple/Jobs are anti-flash

typin on the ipad is a b_.  If you will be doing a lot of typing (assuming you dont want to get a keyboard for it) then i would not get the ipad. it is good for games/netflix/browsing internet

typin on the ipad is a b_.  If you will be doing a lot of typing (assuming you dont want to get a keyboard for it) then i would not get the ipad. it is good for games/netflix/browsing internet

Back
Top Bottom