Question about the leather JB has been using.

Am i the only one who noticed that some of the recent kicks....look kind of....shiny?

some shoes just look kind of weird to me.

na i noticed it on my 2's i just got yesterday too, but surprisingly the quality on them isnt as bad as i thought it would be

Most recent retros since the beginning of the year have that shiny, weird looking leather for some reason.

Originally Posted by Jay1027

na i noticed it on my 2's i just got yesterday too, but surprisingly the quality on them isnt as bad as i thought it would be

im not saying the quality is bad.....i just wanna know why it has that shiny look to it lol

It's called pleather and they've been using it for the last 4-5 years. Get used to it because real leather is gone until the knuckleheads quit buying.

What it used to be.

313120189.jpg

Originally Posted by 3thaman

It's called pleather and they've been using it for the last 4-5 years. Get used to it because real leather is gone until the knuckleheads quit buying.

What it used to be.

313120189.jpg
I agree with your statement  and as well appreciate the cement 4s 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by 3thaman

What it used to be.

313120189.jpg
I agree with your statement  and as well appreciate the cement 4s 
pimp.gif

amen!!!!

nike has used the same leather on some recent retros so it just isnt Jb doing this..and the leather on the silver anni 2's look alot thicker than the QF 2's

I think it varies.

I'm not sure how Nike/JB decide on what to use. I guess it's some sort of team and the difference in price is considered.

Like by Bo's/Air Trainer SC's are shiny, but I bought some Air Flight 89's on sale for $39, I think the regular price is $89 that has better leather than a lot of the Jordan's that have been coming out. Stuff like that leaves me baffled. You'll see non-premium sneakers with better material than stuff you're paying $150 for.

When I see shiny leather, I think cheap, so I normally stay away. That doesn't just apply to Jordan's, it applies to dress and casual shoes, leather seats, womens bags.

nike/jordan are down the drain now adays they just put out some good colorways and thats all that has to sell now not quality

nike/jordan are down the drain now adays they just put out some good colorways and thats all that has to sell now not quality

the leather jordan brand uses now is like half plastic.
indifferent.gif
. don't worry, they won't be getting any of my money using that leather.
smh.gif

I see this a lot now a days from kids and followers who don't know any better...

"I buy Jordans but the quality is not so good."

This is what JB hears...

"I buy Jordans."

The end.

Had the powder 9's in my hand yesterday, and the leather did indeed feel like plastic, and had a shine to it.. Terrible

Originally Posted by Iondajayz

It used to be full grain leather, now they use premium leather
Sorry fam, ain't nothing premium about the trash they're using nowadays. In fact the 'P' in Pleather stands for 'Plastic'.

Originally Posted by GottaBdaShoes

I see this a lot now a days from kids and followers who don't know any better...

"I buy Jordans but the quality is not so good."

This is what JB hears...

"I buy Jordans."

The end.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by vood99

Originally Posted by Iondajayz

It used to be full grain leather, now they use premium leather
Sorry fam, ain't nothing premium about the trash they're using nowadays. In fact the 'P' in Pleather stands for 'Plastic'.
Premium leather, as in they got it for a premium price. As in cheaper. Full grain leather is better than "premium"

I don't know why you guys are complaining the leather on my 1999 white cement retros is the same as the crap leather they use on all white AF1's all stiff but with a little more thickness.

Back
Top Bottom