Question about using Green Dot payments

Found a good deal on a new MacBook on instagram but the seller will only accept western union or green dot payments. Now I've heard of western union but what's the pros and cons of using green dot. Just want a safe transaction. Thanks in advance

Pick up the card, pay $4.95 and load however much you want on it. It takes about 10-15 min. to become active. Then you just log in to Paypal and enter the scratch-off number on the card and the funds will load instantly. Since it is Paypal you should be covered from fraud, right? I can't speak to that but I do like the ease and convenience of MoneyPak Green Dot cards.

people sell stuff on instagram now? why not just use craigslist/ebay to buy? why not use paypal?

Pick up the card, pay $4.95 and load however much you want on it. It takes about 10-15 min. to become active. Then you just log in to Paypal and enter the scratch-off number on the card and the funds will load instantly. Since it is Paypal you should be covered from fraud, right? I can't speak to that but I do like the ease and convenience of MoneyPak Green Dot cards.

I see what you're saying but this doesn't involve PayPal. It'd be a straight transaction using green dot from seller to buyer (me)

people sell stuff on instagram now? why not just use craigslist/ebay to buy? why not use paypal?

Yes people sell and buy items on Facebook and instagram. I'd love to find a brand new MacBook on Craigslist or eBay for like 40% off but that probably ain't happening. And did u read the part saying the seller wont accept PayPal

Now all joking aside, I wish this seller would accept PayPal as I'd be protected using their buyer protection as well as my credit card for an extra layer of protection but that isnt the case. So for people with experience using green dot, is it easy to get scammed if something goes wrong with the transaction??

is a scam homie, thats why they want you to pay by green dot or western union so the money cant be recovered or traced back.. Always always pay with credit card. People greed get the best of them and they lose all senses then wonder why they get scammed

Maybe he wants you to just pay him with a Green dot money pack, which he can then load to his green dot card.

with all the paypal scams going around i see why he wouldnt want to use paypal.

Number of potential buyers online > one city.

Not using PayPal is the only full proof way of preventing charge backs from buyers trying to scam other sellers could be scamming themselves.

I'd love to find a brand new MacBook on Craigslist or eBay for like 40% off but that probably ain't happening

The main reasons people get scammed are b/c they're being cheap/lazy(buyers) or greedy.(Sellers)

The other is just gullibility.

2/3

Last edited:
Y'all are right. I'm gonna tell the seller that I'll only send payment thru PayPal

Thanks everyone for their input

You thought you were about to get a brand new MacBook for 40% off from a random stranger on the Internet? You guys make this too easy.

Only time your getting a deal like that on something like a MacBook is at the barber shop.

Its deff a scam, where I work thats how custys get gotten by buying a green dot card. Avoid going that route by all means OP

Y'all are right. I'm gonna tell the seller that I'll only send payment thru PayPal

Thanks everyone for their input
If you know its a scam then why send him free money via paypal? LMAO

Your still going to get scammed

Back
Top Bottom