Question About USPS

Heres my problem:
  • ordered a package a week and a half ago
  • apparently arrived on the 30th, but got nothing
  • checked up with the post office, said to come back on new years
  • went out of town for new years, came back today
  • no missed delivery paper in mailbox or anything
is it safe to say that they that:
  1. they screwed up and sent it to the wrong address?
  2. they are holding it at the post office?
  3. it got stolen?
im gonna go check tomorrow when they open, but i got a feeling that they arent gonna have it. it cost me quite a bit of money too...
smh.gif

also, does this happen to a lot of people with USPS?

if u got the tracking number calll customer service :

We're here to help.
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS
(1-800-275-8777)
M-F - 8:00am-8:30pm ET
Sat - 8:00am-6:00pm ET
Sun/Holidays - Closed

Originally Posted by htwn hitman

hope you insured it

With USPS there wouldnt be any coverage if the tracking declares it was actually delivered. They love leaving packages out in the open. Only thing to preventthat is to get Signature Confirmation.

Originally Posted by YuraS718

hope you insured it

With USPS there wouldnt be any coverage if the tracking declares it was actually delivered. They love leaving packages out in the open. Only thing to prevent that is to get Signature Confirmation.

yea i was gone say if he hadny signed for it they cany say he got it

Originally Posted by YuraS718

hope you insured it

With USPS there wouldnt be any coverage if the tracking declares it was actually delivered. They love leaving packages out in the open. Only thing to prevent that is to get Signature Confirmation.

yea i was gone say if he hadny signed for it they cany say he got it
the email said it was delivered, but it didnt say anything about a signature. im gonna go check tomorrow, if they dont have it, im either gonnaask for another package or im gonna try to get my money back.

Originally Posted by drsfinest72

if u got the tracking number calll customer service :

We're here to help.
Call 1-800-ASK-USPS
(1-800-275-8777)
M-F - 8:00am-8:30pm ET
Sat - 8:00am-6:00pm ET
Sun/Holidays - Closed
tried it, no help, hence why im gonna go check the office tomorrow.

Originally Posted by 2sappy

Heres my problem:
  3. it got stolen?
im gonna go check tomorrow when they open, but i got a feeling that they arent gonna have it. it cost me quite a bit of money too...
smh.gif

what did the tracking say exactly?

I work for usps. The stations aren't open on new years day. Apparently they just wanted to end the convo asap. They wouldn't send it to the wrongaddress. It wouldn't get stolen unless you specifically told them to leave the package at the doorstep or the backyard, etc. My guess is that your packageis still in the station and they will try again to deliver tomorrow. My guess also is that the postal workers in that station are a bunch of lazy old-timerswith a lot of seniority to get away with it.
laugh.gif
Good luck.

EDIT: oh and that 1-800 number is a joke. Don't use it. Never use it. Trust me.

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Heres my problem:
  3. it got stolen?
smh.gif

I work for usps. The stations aren't open on new years day. Apparently they just wanted to end the convo asap. They wouldn't send it to the wrong address. It wouldn't get stolen unless you specifically told them to leave the package at the doorstep or the backyard, etc. My guess is that your package is still in the station and they will try again to deliver tomorrow. My guess also is that the postal workers in that station are a bunch of lazy old-timers with a lot of seniority to get away with it.
laugh.gif
Good luck.

this is what it said
http:// Detailed Results:
[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Delivered, December 30, 2009, 7:14 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90003[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, December 28, 2009, 8:50 pm, STERLING, VA 20166[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 27, 2009[/td] [/tr][/table]

Heres my problem:
  3. it got stolen?
smh.gif

I work for usps. The stations aren't open on new years day. Apparently they just wanted to end the convo asap. They wouldn't send it to the wrong address. It wouldn't get stolen unless you specifically told them to leave the package at the doorstep or the backyard, etc. My guess is that your package is still in the station and they will try again to deliver tomorrow. My guess also is that the postal workers in that station are a bunch of lazy old-timers with a lot of seniority to get away with it.
laugh.gif
Good luck.

I don't know about that. I get quite a few amount of packages, and they don't bother ringing the doorbells at all. I can be up at 7am getting readyfor, walk out of my house 830-9am and see a package sent priority sitting right there. They do it ALL the time to me. If it fits they sometimes try and putit in between my screen door & my main door, other times its just sitting right there. Glad I have a good landlord, she always holds my packages for me inher house and lets me know once I get home I have something.

the same thing happened to me. the guy at my post office said he'll look on the shelves to see if my package is there and call me if he finds anything.been a whole day and not a word. even though my package was only 8 dollars, i still dont want to get robbed by my post office SMH

this is what it said
http://Detailed Results:
[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Delivered, December 30, 2009, 7:14 am, LOS ANGELES, CA 90003[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, December 28, 2009, 8:50 pm, STERLING, VA 20166[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 27, 2009[/td] [/tr][/table]
so wait, u live by the VA or by Cali? Delivered.......if you used express mail they usually have a seperate carrier or mailman to deliver thatpackage. Express mail is more of an upscale service, I'm 100% sure that they would not just leave the express mail package at any doorstep, even ifyou'd tell them. Doing so would be grounds for termination from the postal inspectors. If u used priority mail, that would be really, really early for thecarrier to drop the package along with the rest of your mail. I'm guessing that they workers in the station had hand scanners that accidently scanned thepackage as "delivered" instead of "arrival at facility or station"

this is what it said
http://Detailed Results:
[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
bullet_circle.gif
so wait, u live by the VA or by Cali? Delivered.......if you used express mail they usually have a seperate carrier or mailman to deliver that package. Express mail is more of an upscale service, I'm 100% sure that they would not just leave the express mail package at any doorstep, even if you'd tell them. Doing so would be grounds for termination from the postal inspectors. If u used priority mail, that would be really, really early for the carrier to drop the package along with the rest of your mail. I'm guessing that they workers in the station had hand scanners that accidently scanned the package as "delivered" instead of "arrival at facility or station"

i live in Cali. someone was sending me a package from VA.

i went and checked with the post office this morning. It seemed that someone actually delivered it to the wrong address
indifferent.gif
. the folks that lived there were kind enough to return it to the officeinstead of keeping it, which was a life saver for me. there was no way that i was gonna drop another $120 again.
laugh.gif

all in all, im happy
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom