Question.... am i the only one who DOESNT feel air in air max?

mad.gif
eyes.gif
tired.gif
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif
smh.gif

Ok, i have air max 87, 90, 93, 95, 97, 360....

when i go walking/running in these, i fail to feel the "bouncy air" feel

more along flat and stiff.

Just checking to make sure it isnt my feet, any1 else?

I feel it in the 360's, but you are right in the 95's 90's,87's you can't feel it UNLESS they were made before 2004, after they changed theair units, the days of actually feeling the cushioned air units in the key area's of your foot are over.

When Nike released the 90, 93, 95, 97, etc... they were performance shoes. The top of the line in style and performance. Nike now views retros as juststyle shoes. The performance part of them is gone with cheap materials and small air bubbles. Lets be honest though, how many of us are buying retros toworkout or run with??? Its the same thing with Jordan retros. They are terrible with thin hard midsoles and small bubbles. The worst were the IV mars andmilitary retros.

The one exception that I have found with retros is the huarache LE. Those shoes are as comfy and plush as when they were first released.

Nope the only shoes i feel anything in while walking or running are Shox and zoom air however with the air max if you step on rocks or something that tends toabsorb the impact of that..

I could. Especially if you're accustomed to wearing Dunks and you start wearing a lot of Air Maxes. You feel the difference.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

I could. Especially if you're accustomed to wearing Dunks and you start wearing a lot of Air Maxes. You feel the difference.

thats what i was about to post.

Hmm, Memph, im using that avatar on another site and have been for months, doing the rounds i see.....

Originally Posted by Modzzilla

Hmm, Memph, im using that avatar on another site and have been for months, doing the rounds i see.....
damn homie, you're trying to cause seizures wherever you post
laugh.gif

I only really feel it on my older AMs.

roll.gif
s dubl.

i definitely agree that you can feel them if you wear something flat like dunks for a while and then switch over to an air max. thats the only time i feel itbut if i wear am's for a while it goes away.

Originally Posted by the eaze

When Nike released the 90, 93, 95, 97, etc... they were performance shoes. The top of the line in style and performance. Nike now views retros as just style shoes. The performance part of them is gone with cheap materials and small air bubbles. Lets be honest though, how many of us are buying retros to workout or run with??? Its the same thing with Jordan retros. They are terrible with thin hard midsoles and small bubbles. The worst were the IV mars and military retros.

The one exception that I have found with retros is the huarache LE. Those shoes are as comfy and plush as when they were first released.

While you have a valid point, I still like my shoes to be comfortable when wearing them casually. Which is why most air maxes, like the 90,95, BW, andBurst I own are all pre 2004. I thinks its a #%*@%@ justification for Nike to think that since we only care for them casually and for looks, that they wouldcheapen the materials, and sacrifice the comfort and technology. Thats why I refuse to buy any 95, 90, BW, Burst, or any Recent Retro Jordan because not onlydo the air units and materials look horrible, but they are uncomfortable as well.

i had that as my tiled wallpaper at work 2 years ago until my boss made me take it down.

Originally Posted by visualmusiC

true story.....it's not as comfortable as the pre-2004 models but there's "minimal" comfort still there. AM's like the87's, 90's, 93's, 95's, 97's.....they aren't being produced for comfort and performance like someone stated before.....they are justfor the consumer to wear casually, that's why they are now included in the sports culture dept. at nike not the running. you want some comfort in airmaxes, check out the newer released models.

sorry sir.honestly i was googleing something one day and saw this and ran with it.

You should feel it in 360s, they're very soft. 90s are pretty soft as well, with 95s and 97s on the firmer side. Air Max units were firmer than earlier airunits. The idea was that the air bubble wouldn't lose it's cushioning ability like an open cell foam (EVA) cushion. If you're looking for aspringier cushion try a shoe with zoom.

I understand what you're saying. Now I only get the responsive, "springy" feeling from zoom.

I guess there is a reason why many sites (eastbay, FNL, etc...) classify AM retros as Casual

Back
Top Bottom