Question/Discussion about JB/Nike business practices

I went to Chi town this weekend for the taste and decided to hit up the outlets in Aurora. Of course I stopped in the Nike outlet and I saw vi fusions, blackand green six rings, 2009's, jumpman pro's, etc. Now if I'm not mistaken these shoes are still in footlocker, footaction, champs, etc. Some stillfor full price! Now if a product is sent to the outlets usually its discontinued from its regular store, right? I used to work for the gap many moons ago andthere were never clothes in the regular store that were at the outlet too. So isn't nike/jb double dipping in the consumer's pocket so to speak? Feelfree compare and contrast.
R I P Mike Jack.

The key here is probably regional sales. If shoes are still selling well incertain reigons, why not keep them at full price there. On the other hand if certainshoes don't sell well in Chicago, why not put them in outlets? It wouldnt make sense for JB to send all of a certain style shoes to outlets if they stillsold well in certain reigons.

And as far as the Gap goes. You won't find anything in the outlets that has been in the store for the past 3-5 years. They have a different strategy.Walking into a Gap outlet today is like walking into a regular Gap in 2004, plus some new outlet-specific pieces. Gap doesn't send clothes that don'tsell well to their outlets until they are sold. They mark them down really low until they sell, or ship them to another Gap store where they have bene sellingbetter.

with the Nike outlet you never know what ur gonna get.. on the southside anyway..
sometimes the prices are discounted sometimes not..

Thats how pretty much how all outlets are nowadays. Theres a Champs outlet down the street from my regular Champs and youre always going to see them selling ALOT of the same stuff with discounts over at the outlet and full price at the regular Champs.

Back
Top Bottom