Question -- Filing A Claim With USPS

Long story short.

I sent something valuable through the mail. Securely wrapped, using those styrofoam peanuts & bubble wrap. Had the clerk mark the box as fragile.Everything.

And upon delivery, the item was still damaged.

Where do I stand w/USPS if I had insurance on the pkg?

How troublesome of a process is it to get them to pay for the item (or will they even do that?)?

Good luck USPS is always a hassle every time I deal with them...how much is the item worth and did you insure it for the amount it's worth

I can speak on a lost item claim. I got paid for an item I shipped out and got lost. It was a lengthy process (prob 30 days or so) but I did get a refund. Ihad to provide a receipt proving the item was worth the insured amount in order to qualify for a refund.

Not sure about damaged items. I have 3 letters floating around somewhere that i mailed over two months ago.

If you have proof just hit them up and let them know what's up.

Mine aint like yours but I sent a mail on friday and paid for next day air..mail ended up in Canada and then back to the states..two days went by without themail not bieng delivered..called and got all my money refunded to me..it was only $30..but hey it's my money and if you don't honor the service I paidfor then I will love my money back.

The item was worth about $150. I insured it for $300.

First, it was listed as "undeliverable" for almost 5 days and lost.

Then it was randomly delivered.

When the recipient opened the box, a small but crucial part was broken.

A turntable
ohwell.gif
. Extra salty @ USPS.

Priority Mail and that was the messed up part.

Like I said, it got lost for several days when it should've taken maybe three days max to get from my spot (TN) to the destination (MI). I think it was agrand total of 8-9 days, with approx. 4-5 of those days the tracking info said it was undeliverable & being returned (which it wasn't b/c it waseventually delivered).

I just checked. Mailed on June 2nd via Priority Mail w/Delivery Conf. & Ins.

Arrived on June 15th.

Back
Top Bottom